Sign in to follow this  
sigmeister

MOC: CHP Vehicle

My MOC is a CHP Commercial Vehicle Enforcement pickup that is loosely based on the Dodge Ram. I did my best to create this MOC with the limited Lego pieces that I have.

DSC01779.jpg

Please excuse my poor man's decals. :blush:

3883182408_81b3887a64_b.jpg

Inspiration for this MOC

DSC01799.jpg

Front view. It was quite fun to build the Fed Sig Vector 7-pod lightbar that is so unique to CHP vehicles. Note the loud speaker and steady burn red light on the push bar.

DSC01786.jpg

Rear view

3882388745_9853997574_b.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

A look inside the truck. Note the traffic director.

DSC01788.jpg

View of the cabin and rear with the top off. Even though this vehicle's primary job is the enforcement of semi-trailers, it is equipped for emergency response and accident investigation as well.

DSC01800.jpg

Great job! Eventhough the wheels are kinda small, I love the front and the light bar you made :thumbup:

For someone who loved watching Chips as a kid, John and Punch would to have a ride in this if their bikes were in the shop.

I say good try, I like warning lights and the idea of this MOC. :classic::thumbup:

Though I wish to see access to the rear of the vehicle to get out rescue equipment, different wheels (for sure) and maybe more curves to the body work.

Again a good try ! :classic::thumbup:

I think it would be better if the front axle where mounted one stud further forward, but it's an excellent vehicle. I love all the details, such as the computer in the front and the 'shotgun' rack. That light bar is absolutely spot on and is undoubtedly something that I'll copy for one of my own vehicles. (I'm thinking about a CHP Ford Crown Vic).

Excellent :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Nice vehicle, I always like Police vehicle MOC.

However, I wuold personally shorten the wheelbase, because the body seems to big,

My MOC is a CHP Commercial Vehicle Enforcement pickup that is loosely based on the Dodge Ram. I did my best to create this MOC with the limited Lego pieces that I have.

DSC01779.jpg

Please excuse my poor man's decals. :blush:

Front view. It was quite fun to build the Fed Sig Vector 7-pod lightbar that is so unique to CHP vehicles. Note the loud speaker and steady burn red light on the push bar.

Very cool moc. You captured the Vector light bar perfect. I've installed quite a few of them on other agencies vehicles (man there garbage :sick: ) Over the next year you'll see them getting switched out to Whelen liberty bars.

As far as the steady red, do the traffic enforcment trucks have them on the push bumper? I thought it was always on the outerpods of the vector light bar, or on the newer models, center pod only.

3882388745_9853997574_b.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

A look inside the truck. Note the traffic director.

very cool. I like how your incorperated the traffic advisor inside the camper sheel like the real thing. Spot on!

Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

I think it would be better if the front axle where mounted one stud further forward, but it's an excellent vehicle. I love all the details, such as the computer in the front and the 'shotgun' rack. That light bar is absolutely spot on and is undoubtedly something that I'll copy for one of my own vehicles. (I'm thinking about a CHP Ford Crown Vic).

Excellent :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks for the comment Ralph. I've seen some of your work and they're are amazing. It's a great compliment to me when you say you'll use my light bar for one of your future vehicles. Can't wait to see your CHP CV. On a side note: 1) Crown Vics have the traffic adviser behind the v-shaped lights. 2) The newer CHP cars have all red LED lighting on their side mirrors and pushbars for off-axis warning.

By the way, where did you get all your lego pieces from? (I don't have that many pieces, and it is a bit frustrating when it comes building certain models.) Did you just accumulate them over time or is building lego a career for you?

Very cool moc. You captured the Vector light bar perfect. I've installed quite a few of them on other agencies vehicles (man there garbage :sick: ) Over the next year you'll see them getting switched out to Whelen liberty bars.

As far as the steady red, do the traffic enforcment trucks have them on the push bumper? I thought it was always on the outerpods of the vector light bar, or on the newer models, center pod only.

very cool. I like how your incorperated the traffic advisor inside the camper sheel like the real thing. Spot on!

Almost all the traffic enforcement trucks have the steady light on the pushbar in addition to the center pod. (I haven't seen the steady lights on the outer pods in awhile.) Don't ask me why, but they do. Probably so there's one steady light low down and one high up for maximum visibility since they have to pull over towering semi-trailers.

Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

Thanks for the comment Ralph. I've seen some of your work and they're are amazing. It's a great compliment to me when you say you'll use my light bar for one of your future vehicles. Can't wait to see your CHP CV. On a side note: 1) Crown Vics have the traffic adviser behind the v-shaped lights. 2) The newer CHP cars have all red LED lighting on their side mirrors and pushbars for off-axis warning.

By the way, where did you get all your lego pieces from? (I don't have that many pieces, and it is a bit frustrating when it comes building certain models.) Did you just accumulate them over time or is building lego a career for you?

Thanks for the advice on CHP Crown Vics. I used to have a model of an LASD vehicle, but wasn't too happy about it. I hope to do a more satisfactory job this time around. The CHP colours somehow strike me as more attractive than LAPD or LASD -probably because only the front doors and the very top of the roof are white and their lightbar looks cool.

Lego building is not my career (although I did get an offer that would have seen me designing LEGO models for a living a while ago). It's strictly a hobby. I've accumulated parts over a long period of time. In the last three years in particular I've had money to spare and have been able to buy a lot of LEGO. A lot of it comes from sets. Since I'm mainly after parts, I tend to wait until sets are discounted before buying them. I also used to live pretty close to Legoland Windsor and have used their Pick-a-Brick. I also picked up a lot of very cheap LEGO from Windsor that they were selling from surplus production as well as sets with damaged boxes. I buy specific parts through bricklink. I tend to buy pretty much the stuff I need with little extra, because I tend to plan ahead and have a pretty good idea of what parts I need many of even if I haven't got a particular idea in mind at the time.

Cheers,

Ralph