WesternOutlaw

Civil War Confederate Train

traintech1.jpg

Over the past week, I've been building a Confederate War Train posting each of the single wagons in the History Forum, as they are Wild West. I thought for Train Tech, I would share a picture of the complete train.

Without any fancy background, here is the Confederate Train:

4135973515_b92c85bdc6_o.jpg

The small locomotive is from 3225 Classic Train.

Looks great, and the 3225 Locomotive goes really well with them.

Your Confederates get stronger by the day!

Thanks TheBrickster for sharing with us, all of the consolidated Civil War railway package which is truly beautiful. :thumbup:

This has also been featured in an one time special coverage for our Classic-Town.net. :wub:

You can easily spot a Brickster MOC from miles away. I knew it was yours when I sat in Classic-Town :) You must post a whole picture of your western setup if you keep all your MOCs. Noone else bothers with this theme, it is unique what you do.

Looks great, and the 3225 Locomotive goes really well with them.

Thanks Z. I really didn't want to create a new locomotive and 3225 had the perfect colors for blending in with the wagons.

This has also been featured in an one time special coverage for our Classic-Town.net. :wub:

Thanks a lot WF. One can always count on WF and Classic Town. :classic:

You must post a whole picture of your western setup if you keep all your MOCs.

Thanks C. I cheated a little bit and created a photo-edited image of the entire collection. It's not the best, but shows most of the Civil War sets (with the exception of the Confederate River Boat).

4136968245_747dccb710_o.jpg

Link to History forum topic

Noone else bothers with this theme, it is unique what you do

That's probably why my train MOCs only get a few comments. :sad: -But I'll keep working at them. :classic:

That's probably why my train MOCs only get a few comments. :sad: -But I'll keep working at them. :classic:

I don't comment much on any American train, as I'm not very familiar with the prototype, so I don't have anything much to add. I am happy to see them though.

I do like your very classic 9V style though, and I agree it's easy to spot a Brickster Moc because of it. I find it hard to work in 6-wide, so I build motly in 7-wide which I find allows a bit more room for detail, so I appreciate seeing sucessfull 6 wide designs.

I do like your very classic 9V style though, and I agree it's easy to spot a Brickster Moc because of it.

I'm also a big fan of your train style, TheBrickster. As someone who just got into building trains, I find your MOCs and topics on different types of cars very helpful. Keep up the good work!

I do like your very classic 9V style though, and I agree it's easy to spot a Brickster Moc because of it.

Thanks Peterab. That's nice of you to say. I'm pretty new to MOCing LEGO trains, last year's Ghost Train the first time I've tried. Actually, I have tried building steam engines over the years, but they (or I) always fail miserably. I've picked up some tips in looking at old 12V sets, which has really helped.

I'm also a big fan of your train style, TheBrickster. As someone who just got into building trains, I find your MOCs and topics on different types of cars very helpful.

Thank you Soc. That's a really nice compliment and makes me feel good. Whenever you can help others through building tips and inspiration, that's great. :classic: Now I'd like to graduate and move on to building some of the outstanding MOCs that some of our expert train builders are able to create. :thumbup:

That army is getting stronger by the day! And I liked the Union better... Does that mean they're headed for desctruction? :cry_sad:

I love your cannon wagon by the way... very ingenious :thumbup: You've definitely been on fire these last few weeks Brickster mate, great job :)

Does that mean they're headed for desctruction? :cry_sad:

Thanks Otters. Yes, they've just about all been dissasembled. I've got a few of the train wagons lefts, but they'll be in the brick piles soon. For a long time now, I've been wanting to build a Mexican Village. Although progress has been very slow, I finally created the recent Spanish Mission in my sig below. Unfortunately, I needed some of the pieces for a winter building addition for the fireplace. I'll return to "the village" maybe some time near or after the holidays -but Confederates/Civil War is over now. I suppose you can say that the Union has taken them out, but the Mexican Army is coming. :grin:

I suppose you can say that the Union has taken them out, but the Mexican Army is coming. :grin:

Now THAT would be fun to see :)

Just a thought, but I was wondering whether you'd seen The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? Rather short-lived western/steampunk series, but I really loved it back when I was akid and I've recently found it on DVD and have been rediscovering it... Could be a nice source of inspiration!

This is a totally awesome Western MOC, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The engine and the carriages look very realistic! :oh:

It's a great idea to have not only a Western passenger train but even a train for the army!

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw: The "official" poster of your custom CS sets looks simply :wub: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter