fallentomato

MOC: The Twortise and the Spider

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A couple years ago I picked up the UCS Batmobile for 50% off. I didn't have much interest in building the actual model, but I used the pieces to build some alternate models. I first rounded up all the pieces that were not grey or black and tried to see how colorful I could make something from a set that was mostly monotone. The result was the Twortise

4135495426_0ced4a710d.jpg

Half-Fire...

4134734715_d35fffd242.jpg

Half- Machine...

4135495554_fa687d1c69.jpg

100% Awesome. It even has two tails

4134734771_8baa041916_o.jpg

Then I looked at the remaining pieces and knew that the 4x4 dishes with the Batman insignia had to be the eyes. I first made a really creepy Pogo Bat thing but my friends told me that was too creepy, so that eventually evolved into a spider.

4135495358_b6d891368f_o.jpg

I'm really proud of the face.

4135495486_1cf9d96b74_o.jpg

Both together:

4135495526_1399038dc0_o.jpg

These have been sitting around on my shelf for acouple years now collecting dust. I thought it was time I photographed them. Those dark red curved slopes on the Twortise are looking mighty appealing after all... :devil:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

call me stupid...but whats the twortoise supposed to be? I know its a vehicle of some sort but...I dont know what I'm looking at to be honest <:( sorry...

The Bat-spider's cool though. lookit those sweet eyes. Staring at its prey, itself only knowing what its going to do next.

Edited by knuclear200x

Hello!

Well, I don't know what a Twortise is at all but I know what a Tortoise is. Which is the only similar word that came to mind. :classic: Maybe you can shed some light on that?

The spider is clearly recognizable as member of its species. The barbed hooks on the legs look threatening as they should. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

call me stupid...but whats the twortoise supposed to be? I know its a vehicle of some sort but...I dont know what I'm looking at to be honest <:( sorry...
Well, I don't know what a Twortise is at all but I know what a Tortoise is. Which is the only similar word that came to mind. :classic: Maybe you can shed some light on that?

Yes, perhaps I should have explained that better. The Twortise is supposed to be a two-sided turtle/tortise. One half is robotic and the other half is fiery. It's hard to make out, but I tried to create a shell shaped body. The heads are a little weird though. :sceptic:

Yes, perhaps I should have explained that better. The Twortise is supposed to be a two-sided turtle/tortise. One half is robotic and the other half is fiery. It's hard to make out, but I tried to create a shell shaped body. The heads are a little weird though. :sceptic:

NOWWWWWWWWWW i see it :grin: and i thought the tails were the heads...

perhaps it wouldve been more recognizeable with a two-face tortoise head, one side red and the other side gray...ok now i see which batman character drives the twortoise.