peterab

Brickvention 2010

Registrations are now open for Brickvention 2010!

Brickvention is Australia's own LEGO convention and it's only a few months away so now is the time to register for the event.

Brickvention 2010 will be held over the weekend just before Australia Day (January 22nd to 24th) in Melbourne, Australia and promises to be an exciting event.

Following on from the success of the previous years, there will be new competitions, presentations, demonstrations and lots of interesting things to see and do.

MOC competitions for 2010 include:

- Best in Show

- Modular Houses

- Town Layouts

- Trains

- Castle

- Space

- Moonbases

- Other (doesn't fit into any other category)

Apart from the awesome MOC display, there will be some old and new competitions; trade tables and a special Brickvention Set inspired by Princess Mary of Denmark.

We have twice the display space for 2010 so make sure you register early to guarantee enough room for your MOCs, dioramas and sets. We want this to be the best Brickvention ever!

The organising committee are all really excited about the event and can't wait to meet lots of other AFOLs from all over Australia and around the world.

Want to know about the event? Check out the website at http://www.brickventures.com

Peter Ogilvy on behalf of Brickventures

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EB Members Attending

Captain Zuloo - registered

jonwill - registered

peterab - registered

chibi joker - public day

Edited by peterab

Thanks for the info peterab, I'll try and get there. Just sorting out some accommodation with a friend of a friend before I register!

Flights and accommodation are sorted and just registered for Brickvention itself. Will be good to mingle and mix with other AFOLs.

Thanks for the info peterab, I'll try and get there. Just sorting out some accommodation with a friend of a friend before I register!

It will be good to see you there, after seeing you so often on the forums lately :tongue::-)

Flights and accommodation are sorted and just registered for Brickvention itself. Will be good to mingle and mix with other AFOLs.

It is great to see people going to such effort to get to Brickvention. Australia suffers from big distances between cities, so it makes it hard to have huge conventions without these extra efforts. I'm pretty sure you wont be disappointed though. I had a great time last year. This year we have twice the space, so the commitee clearly has hopes of even bigger things.

Just a warning; if you wish to order a Brickvention T-shirt, then you must register and pay by the 14th of December (Melbourne time obviously).

BTW there are a few very visable Australians on EB (Svelte, ISC, Phes, CutlassIz etc) who appear not to be coming to Brickvention. What would make a Lego convention unmissable?

Edited by peterab

Wow, I didn't know that we have a Lego convention right here in Melbourne! That's so cool, I'm going to try and attend on one of the days. Big kudos to the organising committee for all their hard work in setting up the convention :classic:

Wow, I didn't know that we have a Lego convention right here in Melbourne! That's so cool, I'm going to try and attend on one of the days.

If you register, then you may attend both days and participate in all the AFOL activities. If you just want to come and look, the public day is Sunday. Brickvention started in 2006 and is steadily growing. Last year was my first year and I had a great time. Each year the exhibition space has been expanded, but has always been crowded both with more Mocs and more attendee's. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

BTW there are a few very visable Australians on EB (Svelte, ISC, Phes, CutlassIz etc) who appear not to be coming to Brickvention. What would make a Lego convention unmissable?

Family and money make it a miss this year for me. I am saving my cash to go to Brickworld in Chicago next year. Hopefully I will make it next time though :wink:

Have fun guys and gals.

Family and money make it a miss this year for me. I am saving my cash to go to Brickworld in Chicago next year. Hopefully I will make it next time though :wink:

Have fun guys and gals.

I did notice the BW in your From field. I hope you have lots of fun in Chicago. I can understand having to priorotise for an overseas trip.

Perhaps you could compile a list of EB members that are going in the first post? :classic:

Good Idea. Will do shortly.

Work might get a bit crazy next month but I will do my best to attend at least on the Sunday :classic:

Gotta support our local convention!

Work might get a bit crazy next month but I will do my best to attend at least on the Sunday :classic:

Gotta support our local convention!

Be sure and say hello. I should be hanging around the train layouts.

Be sure and say hello. I should be hanging around the train layouts.

And I'll be the one gaurding my ship at the Pirates table like a hawk!

WOW! Melbourne? :oh: Im so there, if only I knew how to register. Could someone tell me how? :wacko:

Edited by Cloney

WOW! Melbourne? :oh: Im so there, if only I knew how to register. Could someone tell me how? :wacko:

Follow theLink to the Brickventures site, select the News tab, then the Registration link.

Or just turn up on the Sunday, and pay at the door to just view the display.

Hi everyone, I managed to get to Brickvention yesterday late afternoon b/c I'm moving house and there's tons to do!

I had an enjoyable time and there were lots of amazing displays. Unfortunately I was in a hurry so I didn't get to talk to those manning their displays (and dodging between all the kiddies). Love the castle and town displays as those are my favorite themes, and also the musuem one, very original.

Congratulation to the committee on your successful event! :classic: