brickzone

MOC - Winter Village

Hello again. Well, I'm back to post photos of the festive Winter Village scene of which the station is but a part! The scene is a collection of Lego model (Winter Toy Shop), modded Lego model (Town Hall), modded old MOC of mine (Norman church), family MOCs (weaver's cottage from previous Medieval village MOCs, shops) and my MOC (station). The scene was in fact my Mum's idea (also an avid AFOL) and one of my brothers was involved too in arranging the shops beside the station.

Here is the scene from the front showing the square:

01_front.jpg

Angle showing station/shops (shops are unfinished):

02_frontright.jpg

Angle showing Town Hall and Norman church:

03_frontleft.jpg

Close up on the choir (minifigs arranged/belonging to my Mum). The building was a Weaver's Cottage (built by my Mum/brother) in the mediaevel village scene:

04_choir.jpg

View across the square to the finely dressed people leaving church:

05_square.jpg

This view shows the shops (my Mum/brother's creation) and the stalls. People are skating on the frozen pond in the village square.

06_stalls.jpg

Town hall is closed for Christmas:

07_townhall.jpg

Close up on the toy stall by the Winter Toy Shop. Where did that stall and stall owner come from!?

08_toys.jpg

And finally a view of the town overlooking the station and Emerald Night which is just pulling in to the station.

09_station.jpg

Edited by brickzone

Hello!

That's really a pleasure to look at! :classic: Winter scenes always have something tranquil. :classic: The frozed pond with the trans clear elements is really a nice touch. I'd imagine that a few of those pine trees with marbled white snow pattern would also look great in that scenery. Like your nicely snow-covered leaf tree. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wonderful MOC! A while back I opened a threat about MOCs that depict a winter scene/landscape. I just presented some brickshelf finds. Unfortunately, you hadn't yet built your MOC back then. I'd have been a nice additon for the discussion in that thread.

However, your winter scene looks fantastic. The only thing I miss is a bit of "snow" on the train. Though I don't know if snow on the train would be realistic anyway. Since a train moves most snow normally falls off anyway.

Walking in a winter wonderland ! :classic::thumbup:

That's simply beautiful, I really like the way you have done this village.

The toy shop, town plan town hall, the grand Emerald Night right long side of it's station, church and best of all the town square with market.

Snow on trees - sweet !

No snow on the train - ah, heat from the engine melted the snow how about that then. :classic:

'Brickzone' fantastic design and build - all you need a Scrooge character somewhere in it going 'hum-bug' ! :classic::thumbup:

Outstanding MOC. I like how you did the tree covered with snow. Also the church is fantastic, along with the toy shop, and the trainstation. You have to love the Emerald Knight! amazing village!

Great scene. It has a cozy feel that makes me all tingley inside :blush:

Edited by prateek

This diorama and these MOCs look really awesome, brickzone! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The village looks really realistic, with a very peaceful and calm atmosphere and stunning details!

The most I like the Christmas market.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes - we really need a lot of add-ons to the Winter Toy Shop in order to build up a complete small winter village!

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the comments. I would certainly have liked some of those snow-covered pine trees - but alas, they are expensive and I don't have any. The white leaves used to snow-cover the MMP tree are in fact my entire stock of those!

legotrainfan - I did see that thread and thought it was quite interesting!

As regards snow on the train - well, apart from it being tricky to do, the train has just pulled into the station so I think it wouldn't be realistic even for the carriage or any less "hot" areas (the snow would fall off). I should have filled the tender with coal mind you, and perhaps some snow would sit on top of that. However, one could also assume the train has arrived after the snowfall (indeed the market stalls also have no snow on them - although the car outside the station does - I guess it has been there a while!)

Klaus-Dieter - well, I had hoped to experience a proper German/Bavarian Christmas market by visiting Munich again this year before Christmas, but alas finances don't allow it. So part of this was to remind me of the past experiences!

Excellent work, You did a wonderful job of combining all those brilliant creations.

I wish there was a more close up shot of all the people in the square, other than that, it's spectacular!

I really like the atmosphere you captured in this - rather big - scene. I suppose you don't have any snow-covered trees (from the Belville theme I believe)? My only further suggestion would be to try and make the edge of the ice a little less diamond-shaped, but 'rounder'.

Hello again. Well, I'm back to post photos of the festive Winter Village scene of which the station is but a part! The scene is a collection of Lego model (Winter Toy Shop), modded Lego model (Town Hall), modded old MOC of mine (Norman church), family MOCs (weaver's cottage from previous Medieval village MOCs, shops) and my MOC (station). The scene was in fact my Mum's idea (also an avid AFOL) and one of my brothers was involved too in arranging the shops beside the station.

Here is the scene from the front showing the square:

01_front.jpg

Angle showing station/shops (shops are unfinished):

02_frontright.jpg

Angle showing Town Hall and Norman church:

03_frontleft.jpg

Close up on the choir (minifigs arranged/belonging to my Mum). The building was a Weaver's Cottage (built by my Mum/brother) in the mediaevel village scene:

04_choir.jpg

View across the square to the finely dressed people leaving church:

05_square.jpg

This view shows the shops (my Mum/brother's creation) and the stalls. People are skating on the frozen pond in the village square.

06_stalls.jpg

Town hall is closed for Christmas:

07_townhall.jpg

Close up on the toy stall by the Winter Toy Shop. Where did that stall and stall owner come from!?

08_toys.jpg

And finally a view of the town overlooking the station and Emerald Night which is just pulling in to the station.

09_station.jpg

Wah! Very nice winter town!!! It is full of X'mas atmosphere!

Very cool! (No pun intended. :tongue: )

Looks like a nice little town, lots of Christmas spirit.

I see you have used the stalls from that (sorta) new Indiana Jones set and Medieval Market village.

Overall very nice, makes you want to be there.

And another thing: this kind off reminds me of that scene from the seventh Harry Potter book, when they are in Godric`s Hollow on christmas eve.

Edited by Commander_Rob

Simply wonderful! :sweet: The omnipresent white gives the perfect winter feeling to the MOC and the inclusion of the WTS and the Emerald Night are a nice touch :thumbup:

What a wonderful scene! :wub:

You've really captured the Christmas spirit brickzone!

All the buildings forming this square and the minifigs celebrating is just great! The snow is the element that makes the difference IMO. Man, it FEELS like Christmas!

To tell you the truth, your creation really brings in my mind some scenes from the movie "Gremlins". Don't worry, I don't mean the actual creatures. :laugh:

I'm talking about the town the story took place. A small town, everything covered in snow, people out in the streets, small charming buildings, kids singing the carols and especially that whole Christmas atmosphere.

Excellent work again! :thumbup:

(30 days until my 2-week off from work for holidays.... :cry_happy: )

Very nice MOC brickzone :thumbup:

I really like the snow on the roof, very nicely done!

All the buildings are really nice! They look Great!

Well done!

CommanderFox

This is a very lovely Christmas celebration in this village. :thumbup:

I love the way on how you integrate these sets together plus your church to form a small European village.

This MOC has been featured in Classic-Town.net.

A little bit of expansion could be added to the above comments. The weaver's cottage and the shops beside the station were built by myself and my Mum. We also enjoyed building the "alternative" Christmas carol-singing choir. I love the station and the church and the whole scene. The first time I saw the whole arrangement was on Eurobricks. :classic:

Edited by Talin Agasan

Talin Agasin is the aforementioned brother! He'll be posting his (and my Mum's) Winter Shops when they've been finished.

WhiteFang - thanks for the ClassicTown.net posting - if possible could you amend the final sentence to include my Mum (whose idea it was as well as the Weaver's Cottage, shops, choir and building material for the ice/square) and my brother (Talin Agasin) who worked on those as well (using my Mum's Lego)!

It's part of the family Christmas decorations :) (I'll also have my Holiday Train running around the Christmas Tree).

WhiteFang - thanks for the ClassicTown.net posting - if possible could you amend the final sentence to include my Mum (whose idea it was as well as the Weaver's Cottage, shops, choir and building material for the ice/square) and my brother (Talin Agasin) who worked on those as well (using my Mum's Lego)!

No problem at all. :thumbup:

Special request is completed.

Hello there! i really like your village,it's really cute,i only have a tiny bit of critism though,i think,maybe, you might have to many mini-figures in it.It sort of reminds me of kaos,when i think i should be seeing calmness,good job though