legoptviilarge005small.jpg

legoptviilarge008small.jpg

legoptviilarge015small.jpg

legoptviilarge016small.jpg

legoptviilarge024small.jpg

legoptviilarge036small.jpg

More pictures can be found at my Flickr

This is my largest MOC so far, and my first ship. :pir-sweet:

I hope you like it and thanks for watching!

/Etzel

A lovely MOC, kudos for that!

Your ship looks terrific - as a matter of fact, it may be not the biggest one I've seen, but it's definitely one of the most thought out vessels, especially bearing in mind its size! The way you've done the full deck is really wonderful, I totally enjoyed seeing that.

Same goes for the natives' island - I especially like their home, it reminds me a great deal of wigwams such as the Apache tribe used - excellent rendition. The bear skin in front adds a lot to the indigenous look of the whole place - this really does look like an outpost, like for example a hunter's home, as opposed to something you'd expect to see in the middle of an Indian village. So I'm not even going to mention wardrums, campfires, totem poles, etc., I really don't think this MOC needs any of those - it suggests a raw combination of local people among the "unexplored" (at least for the newcomers) wilderness which is just how it should look!

As to the looks - you've totally captured the "scouting" feel there, along with the suspicion that the arrival of this ship has caused among the Indians.

My only suggestion regarding your wonderful entry would be to take another photo to use as your main pic here. I understand that you wanted to show the MOC in its entirety with this overhead shot, but I don't think that it's actually the best pic. I'd suggest taking a photo from a bit closer - ideally, a slightly diagonal photo from up front showing some details of the ship, the coastline and the path that leads towards the inland, the two scouts alongside the tree and the wigwam in the background. Sorta like a seagull that was just passing beside the ship and looking towards the beach :] Even though you probably wouldn't be unable to demonstrate every single thing in your MOC that way, I still think the viewers will get a better impression of what this one's all about. Besides, that way one wouldn't see (or have to focus on) the sideview of the island which, the way your current main pic is taken, is pretty much in the spotlight - and I'm sure you'll agree that there are tons of other interesting things to see there instead of these grey brick layers :)

Best of luck in the competition! You've got a big fan in me.

Edited by TheOtters

This is a great design Etzel! Well done on the Native Indians village, looks great. The ship is nicely designed as well. Good luck mate.

A very nice moc indeed Etzel!

I had the opportunity to study your ship up close a few weekends ago. There are many nice details to it.

You have managed to get a good result on your rock, and all of the surroundings.

I also like that you used the skintone colours of the figs.

Only downside is that it could use some more "green" in the trees. Otherwice a nice Moc.

Good luck in the competition!!

Very nice! I really like the ship, and all of the other details that you included in this. Great back story too!

Good luck in the contest!

Nice idea for an entry and well executed. The ship has a really nice smooth finish to it.

I really like the natives, I've never seen the print you used. The land area is very good. The house made of LEGO is fantastic.

THe ship is great as well, it's nice to see something different than the standard ships.

Awesome creation Etzel! I love the ship, landscape and natives hut, excellent work. :thumbup:

Perhaps some colour variations in the landscape instead of only green and dark bluish gray? :pir-wink:

Wow I really really like this creation.

The island looks lovely. You used tan, brown, dark bley and green for the base. To me this screams win! It looks very realistic. The trees with the flower strems are very nice. I love the path to the natives home, which I really like too! I like the use of the flesh faces for the natives and the light flesh faces for the pirates. The two tall trees don't have enough green leafs for my taste. But that's just me!

The ship is very nice. I love the tan deck. The only thing I could suggest needs changement is the sails on the ship. They look to big compared to the ship itself. The crew is great. I like the use of the pirate torso's with the red/blue color sceme.

The bearskin is pure win for me. Are custom elements allowed? I'd check this just to be sure!

~Bart

Nice one Etzel! The ship is fabulous.

I'd have to say that the Indian hut is the best, it looks so real :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest :monkey:

Wow I really really like this creation.

The bearskin is pure win for me. Are custom elements allowed? I'd check this just to be sure!

~Bart

Thanks for kind words!

The bearskin is pure LEGO, well at least Duplo :pir_laugh2:

Great entry! I like the idea of the natives and you've created some nice landscape. The ship is a nice addition and looks great. I really like the native hut and use of the bear skin! Excellent work :pir-classic:

Wow, just when you think you know every LEGO element!

Heh, reminds me of this... After having seen that, DUPLO has gone to a whole new level in my estimation... Perfect use of that here as well, Etzel!

So did you buy an entire set just to get that one :pir-tongue:

I think I won it on an event recently held in Sweden, oh no wait that was another set. :pir-tongue:

BrickLink was my friend here once again. But the set that the bearskin comes in is quite interesting, I would definitely buy it if it was LEGO System. :pir_laugh2:

I assume that's Brickbeard's Bounty? I love the MOC, if you could post some more pictures of it, it would be greatly appreciated. Love how cute and chubby it is, and yet has an upper deck.