Sign in to follow this  
Swash Buckler

Spanish port

Nice, I like the lively narrow streets. The tan building is my favorite. The small ship you built for the port (on MOCpages) is also really good.

Very cool. Looks to scale IMO too.

Although it's very simple, I think my favorite part is the canon being lifted up or down with the chains. I guess I've just never seen that before and it makes perfect sense and I've seen it in pirate movies so, ya, great work.

Very nice lively port. Lots of good colors and details throughout. I think if you tiled the main streets in the middle it might draw out the details and the actions better. Looks great though.

I really like this Moc. The most part I like about it was using those(or well, these- Here) as rudders for the rowboats. <3

:pir_laugh2: Official name of that part is 1x2 plate with a handle i think- at least in the leocad- and perhaps i should use some part for tiller also...

:pir_laugh2: Official name of that part is 1x2 plate with a handle i think- at least in the leocad- and perhaps i should use some part for tiller also...

You still use LeoCad as well?

Another nice moc from you, you've been busy posting mocs i see recently, but i havn't had a chanch to comment. This has a nice quaint and busy feel to it which is always good and there are many nice details in there. Keep up the good work! :pir-classic:

You still use LeoCad as well?

I like more using the real bricks but there is never enough of them to my visions :pir_bawling: so when i want to build something that requires unlimitable amout of bricks i use leocad it is one of the best virtual programs to build lego- it have most of the pieces that are needed to ships, cars, trains, planes or spacecraft and for my favorite cities and buildings :pir-blush:

I like your Spanish port/city, it is as busy as these kind of cities were in that time.

I love how you've done the buildings, especcialy the little fort :thumbup: .

Another nice moc from you, you've been busy posting mocs i see recently, but i havn't had a chanch to comment. This has a nice quaint and busy feel to it which is always good and there are many nice details in there. Keep up the good work! :pir-classic:

Thanks- what is your next project -i would like to see it when ready probably takes lots of time to do so big dioramas- your mocs are so outstanding that i really want to see them all :pir-classic:

Thanks- what is your next project -i would like to see it when ready probably takes lots of time to do so big dioramas- your mocs are so outstanding that i really want to see them all :pir-classic:

Thanks, my next project is 'Nancy's Tavern' based around a song by Alestorm. Its nearly finished, just got to finish off the landscaping :jollyroger:

Thanks, my next project is 'Nancy's Tavern' based around a song by Alestorm. Its nearly finished, just got to finish off the landscaping :jollyroger:

Is it going to be a part of Durnovaria? :pir-sweet:

As to this MOC - Swash Buckler, this is one sweet-looking port scene!!! The tan building really helps to get that Spanish look and I also enjoyed the angular side of the fort :) I wouldn't recommend loading that cannon onto such a small boat though - regardless of what LEGO might want us to think with their official sets, I'm convinced those big guns are not supposed to be fitted on these babies :pir-wink: Have you considered adding a ship to this wonderful scene?

Is it going to be a part of Durnovaria? :pir-sweet:

As to this MOC - Swash Buckler, this is one sweet-looking port scene!!! The tan building really helps to get that Spanish look and I also enjoyed the angular side of the fort :) I wouldn't recommend loading that cannon onto such a small boat though - regardless of what LEGO might want us to think with their official sets, I'm convinced those big guns are not supposed to be fitted on these babies :pir-wink: Have you considered adding a ship to this wonderful scene?

Actually i have already added it- checkout the mocpages link- strange that i put only those pics here where that baby cannot be seen- and for that cannon- well to be honest i just added it because it looked good but i don't know where it is going :imperialguard_commander1: probably it is not the good idea to put that gun in those little boat where it looks to be going now :pir_laugh2: sorry just accident- originally it was meant to be loaded in that ship that is not seen now :pir-classic:

Very nice! I love the crowded look of it. Very realistic. The buildings are great as well, the large tan building and the fortress are my favorites.

I also see a nice large tan barrel in there, from which set is that?

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Very nice! I love the crowded look of it. Very realistic. The buildings are great as well, the large tan building and the fortress are my favorites.

I also see a nice large tan barrel in there, from which set is that?

Keep it up! :thumbup:

From Cairo ambush- new little but great Indiana Jones- set number 7195- i have two of them- great parts for pirates as well as ww2 and ninjas (it have those arab goons if you know -the raider's of the lost ark) tan barrel is meant to be a big basket....