Sign in to follow this  
Selander

Best Pie-Rates Here

th_thindexedgif.gif 101d

Ever since Trevor quit plundering, he tried to figure out a way to make an honest living and

still send a sublime message to his fellow ex-pirates, that he was alive and kicking

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice play-on-words. The decals (pies and signs) are also pretty good.

Uhhh... Pie-rates, I did not understand immediatly, very nice ;)

I love the parrot, he has a very-good looking, and the way you fixed the signs to the mast.

Who doesn't like a bit of Word Play to brighten your day :)

Wonderful idea Selander - and the custom-made decals to complement that are really top-notch! I also like the way you've done those pies, good job on that! The subtle touch with the pirate having his sword at hand is also very nice, especially in conjunction with the background story. And the slight difference in height level between the street and the kiosk makes the regular minifig here (the one buying a pie) look like he's a kid, which is something rarely seen :)

I have a few recommendations that I think could enhance this MOC. First off, don't touch the base of the pie-stall, it looks perfect! However, I think that it could use an awning of sorts, seeing as that would enhance the "street stall" look. That way you could also add something interesting on top of the awning - if you wish, of course!

My second piece of advice would be to reconsider those flowers... The one in the background is fine I guess, but I must admit I'm not too sure about the one in the front. And it's not because it's lacking a petal, it just somehow doesn't fit in there for me. Then again, if you feel those should stay, who am I to tell you to get rid of them :) Perhaps if you want those to still be featured in your MOC, you could add a few more at both sides of the stall?

And the last suggestion I have is in regards to the cobblestone - which is a huge favourite of C-P fans and I'd suggest you work some more on that in order to cover the entire "street" section with 1x1 round plates for that proper cobblestone look and feel. Also, make sure those are randomly positioned, unless you want C-P EBbers telling you how unrealistic those cobblestones look :pir_laugh2:

All in all, a simple yet brilliant entry :] Best of luck in the competition!

Very smart and funny concept.

I wish you much luck and fun with the contest!

I like this idea. The sign is brilliant and I love the little pie on the sign. The only thing I don't like is the pie on the 2x2 round tile. It looks too much like a picture, not like a LEGO decal. You could also use this piece for a pie:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3898pb01

I personally really like that piece.

Good luck!

~Bart

Word play is always funny :pir_laugh2:

Very nice little moc you have done Selander!

Good luck in the competition!

My second piece of advice would be to reconsider those flowers... The one in the background is fine I guess, but I must admit I'm not too sure about the one in the front. And it's not because it's lacking a petal, it just somehow doesn't fit in there for me. Then again, if you feel those should stay, who am I to tell you to get rid of them :) Perhaps if you want those to still be featured in your MOC, you could add a few more at both sides of the stall?

And the last suggestion I have is in regards to the cobblestone - which is a huge favourite of C-P fans and I'd suggest you work some more on that in order to cover the entire "street" section with 1x1 round plates for that proper cobblestone look and feel. Also, make sure those are randomly positioned, unless you want C-P EBbers telling you how unrealistic those cobblestones look :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for advices. I was actually not thinking this was a "street creation" with cobblestone, but more a rough terrain

just besides the trail (footpath) to a village. That also explain the "random flowers".