Sign in to follow this  
General

Cooking punch

th_thindexedgif.gif 101b

What use can be made of a cannon barrel during peace time? You can boil an excellent punch in it!

Updated!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by SlyOwl

Wow, you're on fire General! Another great entry :)

I'd love a nice sip of punch myself... Although I'm not quite sure how that would taste combined with bits of gunpowder :pir_laugh2:

You've built another great MOC with a wonderful idea there :] I especially like the fact that there are so many minifigs standing together on this very limited space and yet it doesn't look like the MOC is too cramped or having too much going on. Well done!

I'd recommend using some trans-orange round plates and brown plates or tiles to add what would look like burning wood or embers beneath the cannon... The fire piece looks just right in those glasses, but I don't really think it's the right solution as a representation for the burning fire there.

Another thing you might consider is adding some stairs for that soldier to get up to where he is right now. That wouldn't require much space or bricks, but if done right, I think it would open up this MOC even more and look great. Perhaps you could try the Market Street-style staircase with tiled and slightly rotated plates representing each step?

Once again - best of luck in the competition! Looking forward to your "Large" entry... I guess we'll be seeing that as well sooner or later, right? :pir-sweet:

Thank you!

I'll think of alternative variants of making fireplace. As for the stairs, I'm afraid, they would prevent lowering the gun's barrel and pouring the punch to the wooden barrels.

Oh, but, perhaps, combining 2x1 bricks with these details:

32028.png

will give the desired effect. I'll change the construction and make some photos tomorrow.

Once again - best of luck in the competition! Looking forward to your "Large" entry... I guess we'll be seeing that as well sooner or later, right?

Thank you, I'll do my best!

As for the stairs, I'm afraid, they would prevent lowering the gun's barrel and pouring the punch to the wooden barrels.

Ah, a very good point there - I must admit I'd overlooked that... I'm sure you'll find a solution though :)

Well done! I think that this MOC is very creative. Flame pieces to represent spilling punch? Brilliant! :pir-classic:

The only thing about this MOC that I dislike is the floor. The grid 1x2 plates don't seem to have a reason to be there, and the floor is far too stud-y. I suggest removing the grids and making the floor smooth for the most part, but with studded plates beneath the objects.

Edited by Bricknave

At first I honestly didn't like the fire pieces in the goblets, but I think those are meant to represent the punch flying out of the goblet. So when I realised that I started to like it. There still are some things I would like to see improved:

- Where are the ingredients for the punch? Maybe you could ad a big spoon or a bowl where they put the punch in.

- I find this moc to grey. Maybee you could use a different color for the base. That would improve the moc a lot.

- I miss some drunk guy stuff. You know the humiliating thing people do when they are drunk, mooning, barfing and such. It would look great if you added something like that to make the moc more humorous.

Good luck with the competition,

Bart

At first I honestly didn't like the fire pieces in the goblets, but I think those are meant to represent the punch flying out of the goblet. So when I realised that I started to like it.

I also didn't realize this before reading the comments here. Perhaps you could try positioning the minifigs differently to suggest some more motion in their bodies, which would actually make the punch fly in the air. But now that I realize the function of the flames, it is definitely the highlight of your MOC.

Entry updated :)

BTW, as for gunpowder smell, it could be positioned the same way as mould in Roquefort cheese - like the quality label.

A pot and stairs! All this MOC needed :) The embers are also a nice new touch! So, can you tell us how that punch tastes then? :pir_laugh2: