Sign in to follow this  
legopapa

Dutch Moonbase

In this topic we want to introduce Dutch Moonbase, a mini-LUG from the Netherlands. Some of you will already know us, others might not. In this topic we will keep you up-to-date on our projects and show pictures of moc's of all sorts, like moonbase modules, spaceships, greeblies etc.

A small introduction: we (myself and Mike van Leeuwen) started Dutch Moonbase 5 years ago after Legoworld 2004. We started with just moonbase layouts but slowly our ideas went further and further and today we build a wide range of space-related and Sci-Fi moc's. Most new moc's (starting from 2008) are part of our storyline called "The Story".

I can tell much more but I invite you to visit our website.

Our current project is called "Earth under Attack", depicting an alien attack on a military installation from the LDF, set in the background of an old WW-II battlefield that was turned into a museumarea.

It's a 12 x 4 Xl-baseplate layout (4,6 x 1,6 meters). Here a preview. We have no idea when it's finished (almost done ...) but we hope to show at a meeting somewere in 2010.

wip23.jpg

My latest moc is the Dutch Flood Memorial. Build in 2024 as a place to remember the great flood of 2021 (also part of The Story). Here are all the pictures.

PS. this part of The Story still has to be written :blush:

dfm01.jpg

We hope you will enjoy our pictures and we welcome your comments.

Marco Baas (legopapa).

The Dutch Moonbase Team.

Edited by legopapa

Very nice, my favorite picture was this one:

Frechen07-022.jpg

I like the use of a Star Wars missile as a head. Keep up the good work!

WOW You guy's have put so much work into this. There are so many awesome little details on the battlefield. I love the four big mecha and the fortress with pill boxs. Your memorial ain't to shabby either :thumbup: .

Astronomical!

You guys are really dedicated! Most people would lost their interest after a while, building a project so massive!

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Wow, thats alot of grey tiles.

The earth under attack Vig is huge, very nicley done, it's not too over crowded with figs, it looks like a real battlefield.

Thanks everyone.

By the way ... My name is Mike van Leeuwen a.k.a. sky4walker. I'm the second guy of the Dutch Moonbase duo.

I'm happy you'll like the details on the layout and this is not the end. I'm building my part of the layout at this moment and the will be a lot of details in it. The following pictures are just two tiny parts of the whole layout.

post-7977-1258408151.jpg post-7977-1258408175.jpg post-7977-1258408184.jpg

Edited by sky4walker

I think I met one of you guys at Billund a few years back.

They were selling tubs of Lego for which you could collect the individual bricks from a huge bin in the middle of the park shop.

one of you was there with his family collecting new light grey bricks for the moon base and staying in the Lego hotel.

I was there for one day collecting brown bricks with my girlfriend for my HMS Victory MOC.

Nice to see what you are building with (those) bricks. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hello!

That's a great project you've set up here. There's a lot to discover, and it will be fun to see the layout growing with time. :classic: I hope to see this one day in real at a convention. Often big layout appear even more massive then. Also a great thing about such prjects is the combination of many building styles. :classic:

Cheers, and nice website by the way.

~ Christopher

Amazing legopapa and sky4walker! :wub: :wub:

I really like this!!

That shot that Bob pointed out is very cool! Very good use of pieces!

Well done!

CommanderFox

Thanks guys for all the compliments. The spacebug in the shot that Bob pointed out was accually build by my (then) 7 year old son ....

Now I have the LDFS F99 Killerbee for you, a small spaceship or better spacedrone ... nothing really special but just fun ... click HERE for more pics ...

kbf99-01.jpg

Edited by legopapa

Hereby I present my latest MOC: the Darterian Weapon Replication Facility TLAS.

In preparation for the raid on planet Earth, the Darterians had to produce large ammounts of weapons. So they build a new weapon replication facility called TLAS. With this new weaponreplicator they were able to produce large amounts of weapons in a very short time. The weapons they made are energyray-guns. With these weapons they can either stun or kill their enemies.

How the technology of the weaponreplicator works is still a mystery.

Builders Comment:

I build this moc as a "thank-you" for Hein-Jan Kemperman from The Little Arms Shop. He donated some of his products for our current project 'Earth under Attack'. As a twist to this moc I build one side of the moc as a storefront for The Little Arms Shop.

Visit our website for all the pictures.

tlasdwf-09.jpg

Hello!

You have included some really big pieces very smoothly, like the large wedges are the bridge supports. A great alternate use of those pieces. :classic: And of course I like the orange! I am always fond of orange and here I see solid orange, trans-orange and trans-neon-orange. Very nice factory! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Just some information: Dutch Moonbase will attend FanWelt 2010 in Koln. We will bring our current project "Earth under Attack", Marco's moc's "Dutch Flood Memorial" and "Darterian Weapons Factory" and Mike's spaceships.

Looking forward to seeing you there :classic: .

The Dutch Moonbase Team.

My latest MOC: McKnight Corporation Weapons Division. I build this going from the barbwire-parts I bought on Bricklink. I wanted to make some sort of high-security building and this was the end result. The barbwired fence was the first thing to be build. It's not really Sfi-Fi but it will fit in The Story (somehow ...).

mcwd-02.jpg

Yes, I was bored and I have just a little to much time on my hands right now.

If all goes well I will bring this one to FanWelt 2010 in Koln, Germany.

View this moc on our website

Edited by legopapa

I can't wait to see more from you!

Just visit our website ... all our moc's can be viewed there ...

and ... thanks for the compliment :classic:

Here the project "Earth under Attack" we brought to Lego FanWelt 2010 in Koln (Germany) on 18-21 november 2010.

PICTURES

FW2010-04.jpg

Edited by legopapa

Éen woord... WOW....

Ik mis alleen de luchtsteun :P

One Word.. WOW..

I'm only missing airsupport :P

Some really amazing Mega MOCs here guys. :thumbup: Well done, the Darterian Weapon Replication Facility TLAS would have to be one of my favourites but they are all quite nice. Gotta love finding new parts like the 6x6 tile too.

The project is no more ... We are almost done with sorting out all the parts from this project. I know I really hate sorting bricks :wink:

My new project: Project MYRICL - the McKnight Yubari Research Institute Cryogenics Laboratory.

In this laboratory research is done into ways to get (and keep) people in artificial sleep to make long distance spacetravel possible.

Ones based in the USA, the lab was transfered to The Netherlands as the US government banned testing on humans. The Dutch government was very willing to get this research to The Netherlands for employment possibilities and offcourse the nearby presence of DASA. A special law was passed to make testing on humans possible with only one restriction: only volunteers are allowed to join the project.

MYRICL02.jpg

Project MYRICL on Flickr

Builders note:

This moc was build over a period of 9 months with on-and-off building. It is 6x2 XL baseplates and IKEA led-strips are used for lighting.

Edited by legopapa