Sign in to follow this  
Deinonychus

Rock Raider Super Tunneler

A couple weeks ago I ripped apart all my Rock Raider sets and smashed them together...this is what I got

RR1.jpg

It's not like the Rock Raiders manage to find all their ores and crystals in natural caverns. Sometimes you need to make your own hole, that's where this monster comes in.

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

RR4.jpg

RR5.jpg

RR6.jpg

Dual cockpits. Jet handles the driving while Axle monitors Tunneler systems, fluid levels, hydraulic pressure, and keeps an eye on the sensors for those pesky rock creatures.

RR7.jpg

On the work-deck just aft of the cockpits, Chief monitors tunnel progress and keeps his crew working together smoothly. Bandit stands by to lend a hand wherever needed, and Doc makes sure if anything breaks or can be improved he'll be right there with a wrench. The whole while a magnetic energy field protects the deck and cockpits from small to medium debris and tunneling dust.

RR8.jpg

Sparks runs the extendable stripping arm. A quartet of poweful rock blades tear away at cavern faces or smooth down tunnel celings where the drills can't go.

RR9.jpg

The bulk of the machine is the aft end mining assembly. A pair of powerful drills cut away at the stone to begin tunnels and to give the stripping arm a point of purchase for it's duty. When the drills just aren't enough, a pair of heavy mining lasers slide forth from the armored housing and blast away overly-hard rock.

Now I kind of wish I had 2 of each Rock Raiders set so I could keep this bad-boy assembled next to the official sets

nuts.GIF

Wauw! That's one mother of drilling machines You've got Yourself :oD Makes me wish I didn't sign of that theme... Nice work - I know who to call if I need something drilled ;)

KimT

Rock raiders are awesome! :oD

You have made an excellent MOC using such a cool theme. I like the blades the best. I can picture them shattering rock. Your MOC fits very true to the theme of RR. This could almost be a LEGO set.

If it were though I think you would need to change a few things. The second cockpit would be elevated and placed back and above the first, possibly backwards. You would be able to use either two lasers or two drills side by side but not both. I would install the lasers on retractable armsarms that come out from the side that would have a range of about 200 degrees.

Why are the drills on the back?

Rock raiders are awesome! :oD

You have made an excellent MOC using such a cool theme. I like the blades the best. I can picture them shattering rock. Your MOC fits very true to the theme of RR. This could almost be a LEGO set.

If it were though I think you would need to change a few things. The second cockpit would be elevated and placed back and above the first, possibly backwards. You would be able to use either two lasers or two drills side by side but not both. I would install the lasers on retractable armsarms that come out from the side that would have a range of about 200 degrees.

Why are the drills on the back?

All very excelent points, and had I constructed it with a specific purpose in mind I'd have probably done a lot of those things, but as it was I essentially just started building until I came up with something neat looking nuts.GIF

But as to the drills on the aft end, I've seen quite a few construction machines that have the main tools on the rear...but they also tend to have backward facing control cabins or spinning seats, so you've got me there :D