Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

[MOC] General Grievous

gallery_101_23_281.gif

General Grievous is my personal favorite star wars villian :thumbup::tongue::thumbup: . When I first got him in the General Grievous's starfighter set, I was estatic. Not only did Lego make my favorite villian, but I now owned him. In the years that followed I was pretty satisfied with him, until the Clone Wars CGI series came on. It made me realize that Grievous is a lot larger then a regular humanoid and that Lego did'nt give him as much justice as his shape deserves. I went back and watched ROTS and decided that if i'm going to "play" with my clones and droids, making dioramas of Clone wars battles, that I would need a respectable sized Grievous. I've seen others build Greivous from bricks and almost everyone who did, did a decent job. My only problem with those brick built ones was the fact that some of them either were a little too tall (not really a big deal) or involved destroying bricks to get certain shapes. When building Grievous this feature of the build annoyed the hell out of me, mainly because I sort of have an OCD thing when it comes to small details. I've actually given up on huge Lego projects if I could'nt get a certain detail right., Crazy I know :blush: . Anyways i've talked to much here are the pictures.

A big problem I actually faced was the legs. It took me awhile before I decided on Exo-Force robot arms for legs. What happened was, again that cursed hieght issue.

general_grevious_2.jpg

Here's Grievous wielding two of his sabers

general_grevious_1.jpg

"Unstoppable. He is unstoppable." ―Jedi knight, K'Kruhk

general_grevious_4.jpg

"You've no idea what you have brought upon yourselves. I've mastered your weapon. And combine that skill with the speed only a machine is capable of. How can any living being stand against me?"

―Grievous to Jedi B'dard Tone and Flynn Kybo

general_grevious_8.jpg

There are several more pictures including grevious in combat against three jedi in my brickshelf gallery. link

Sorry for the poor pictures. Thank you very much for looking please comments and helpful suggestions are welcome!

Looks great Forresto!

I really like the technique used to attach the two arms- it's very effective. I like the clever feet as well.

As for criticism, I think making the feet clips both gray would look better. Also, I think a tile instead a cheese slope would look better.

Overall, good job. :yoda:

Hello!

I always like brick-built figures! This one is no exception. Good use of clips, bars, and robot arms! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Good improvement over the original, but he looks super fragile, can you play with him?

Nice Forresto :thumbup:

I thought Grievous was alittle small when Lego made him into a fig aswell.

You have made at a good size. :thumbup:

I really hope the new one coming out next year will be somewhere around this size.

Well done!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

@Inconspicuous: Yes I agree that now looking back at Grievous he should have grey instead of black clips. For the tile in the front you're probably right about that and I might change it

later on. Thanks for the suggestions :skull:

@Legostein:Thank you very much especially coming from one of my fav builders :grin: .

@BigCam:Thank you and yes He is playable. He's obviously not as sturdy as the orginal grievous but he is'nt that fragile in the least. Sure if you drop him he'll fall apart into big pieces :tongue: but still the connections are pretty strong. He's also pretty posable, as you'll see in the photos.

@CommanderFox: :vader:Thank you for the compliments and we can only hope he's larger and more posable in the upcoming set or at least not tan :wacko: .

Now some more pics of Grievous posing and killing jedi scum!

That poor clone

general_grevious_3.jpg

"I will deal with this jedi scum, myself!"-General Grievous

general_grevious_5.jpg

A shot of him apart showing all the pieces I used

general_grevious_6.jpg

Thanks for viewing all comments are helpful and welcomed!

Edited by Forresto

Great work. I like how he seems to be taller than the actual lego minifig cause he seems to be taller than anakin in EPIII.

Great job

I love this brick-built figure, it gives a perfect example of how General Grievous should be able to fight. I like how it can now kick people in the face.

Thank you very much all for all the comments.

@Roncanator: I'm happy you noticed. It's why I made my Grievous in the first place.

@Eskallon:Thank you! One of the things I did'nt like about Lego's Grievous was it's lack of total posability.

Great job! I love the legs especially! :thumbup: One thig I don't really like though is that the clips on the arms are getting stressed. IMO you should use the T-shaped technic connector things insteaad of the 1x1 clip. Just my two cents. :classic:

Nice! I love that arms technique. :thumbup:

What´s that piece you use to connect the legs and the body? Is it one of these, but with the plate cut off?

Nice moc absolutley!

Always enjoy to see how people come up with ideas of Mr. Grevious.

I hope it is something simular that we will see in the new GG Starfighter.

@ Dennimator:It looks so to me as well :wink:

I love it :classic: . One thing, I'm not a big fan of how the arms are joined up. Don't they come off?

Well, I´ve built one as well (hope that´s ok Forresto, if not, just tell me), and to my surprise, they don´t. Well, of course they do if you´re not careful when moving them, but overall they´re perfectly fine. I also designed a custom cape for him which fits alot better (out of paper, Forresto, I can mail you one if you want), but it´s a bit in the way for the 2 upper arms. It works OK, though. :thumbup:

Well, I´ve built one as well (hope that´s ok Forresto, if not, just tell me), and to my surprise, they don´t. Well, of course they do if you´re not careful when moving them, but overall they´re perfectly fine. I also designed a custom cape for him which fits alot better (out of paper, Forresto, I can mail you one if you want), but it´s a bit in the way for the 2 upper arms. It works OK, though. :thumbup:

Well i'm very flattered that you made one :laugh: and of course it's alright. If you could pm me a photo of the cape that would be fantastic. Anyways thank you :wink: . Oh yes, you are correct about that being a modified piece(you probably already know that now). I don't know why I forgot to mention it.

@The crazy one: Like Dennimator said the arms are'nt that fragile. Of course if you press hard enough or drop him they will fall apart.

To everyone thanks for your comments and for my viewing my work! :sweet:

Well, this is the best Grievous MOC I´ve ever seen, and trust me, I´ve sen alot. I´ve been looking for ideas and struggling with solutions for almost 2 months, searched Google, BS etc. Now where´s your 'Moc Expert' tag? :wink::grin:

Here´s some pics of the cape:

Front

Back

(How do I post direct pics from Flickr to EB? :blush: I´m new at Flickr, as the only reason I´m using it is because BrickShelf is partially down. :blush: )

@Dennimator: WOW! he looks looks good with that cape, great job on it. You are very gracious. Probably themain reason I ended up building Grievous was the same issues you had. I would love to have an MOC expert tag :tongue: , I'll have to keep posting MOCs then.

With Flick-r, i'm not too sure. I tried doing it the same way as brickshelf but alas. here is a Eurobricks deeplinking tutorial

Sorry that I could'nt help more :hmpf_bad: . Oh well :blush:

@Dennimator: WOW! he looks looks good with that cape, great job on it. You are very gracious. Probably themain reason I ended up building Grievous was the same issues you had. I would love to have an MOC expert tag :tongue: , I'll have to keep posting MOCs then.

With Flick-r, i'm not too sure. I tried doing it the same way as brickshelf but alas. here is a Eurobricks deeplinking tutorial

Sorry that I could'nt help more :hmpf_bad: . Oh well :blush:

Thanks. :sweet:

Please PM me your address, and I´ll send you one right away.

The quality of my printer is unfortunately pretty bad, so the gray back pf the cape is a little bit red-ish (you can see it if you look carefully in the pic).