Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

PORTAL vignette

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi everyone,

Portal is a great game, and I enjoyed everything about it. It uses portals with which you have to solve problems or puzzles. (and also has a dark storyline)

I've been planning to make a Chell TTfig for a while, but couldn't quite find the right design. Luckily I did, and also a bit of a special design of the companion cube (although some others have found this way too, except for the pink "heart" )

This is just a general vignette, later versions will have some more action to them:

imgp0890.jpg

brickshelf gallery vignette

Flickr

Chell herself:

imgp0894.jpg

back:

imgp0895.jpg

Note the springs in her legs, which make support her rather than her feet. (Only tips touch the floor)

Also note her hand fits IN the gun, like the real thing.

Chell Brickshelf gallery

reference picture:

portal-chell.jpg

Companion cube:

weighted-companion-cube.png

I recommend playing the game, it's part of the Orange Box aswell.

Comments and critism are welcome! :classic:

Tanotrooper

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I haven't played the game, but I like how you did the female character in Lego. Gun is very nice!

Nice! The legs came out good, but it does seem to make her higher than normal, I also love the Weighted Companion Cube.

[shameless self promotion] Have you seen my GLaDOS MOC? You did a better Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device then I did. :tongue: [/shameless self promotion]

Edited by Darth Bionics

I have just a superficial knowledge on this game, but I like the way you reproduced the characters, very accurate :thumbup:

LuxorV

I have limited knowledge of this game as well, but the female character is nicely done. Very unique way of doing the legs.

Hello!

A very flexible leg construction! :classic: I'd also be interested in a detailed shot of that cube. Those turntable bases are truly a nice touch, although I am not sure if there's one on the underside of the cube, as I can't see it clearly.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Thanks for the comments :classic:

I'll get a more detailed shot for you hopefully tomorrow. It uses a 1*1 brick modified with 4 studs (studs on all sides), with pink 1*1 round plates on the brick and the turntables on top of them.

It is possible to add the 6th turntable on the bottom, although this requires a technic half pin to be inserted in the bottom of the brick, but which doesn't hold it that well. (as in, you pick up the cube and the turntable "hangs" on the technic pin.)

Of course, I didn't use one on the bottom so the cube could be mounted on a stud and doesn't slide away :classic:

Gaetano

Edited by Tanotrooper

I saw this earlier on BS and I must say I am impressed. I like how you made the hips posable :thumbup:

Great leg design! How is the gray pneumatic 't' part attached to the torso?

as you can see on the back picture, a minifig hand is inserted into the frame of the torso. This hand holds the T-bar. Gallery with pictures of it:

TTfigs

TT