gallery_2351_18_164.gif

For fun I built a real-sized handgun. It's vaguely modeled after this:

Noname.jpg

Here it is, in all its glory:

003.jpg

Pretty slick, huh?

Another angle:

002.jpg

You can see the contours on the side well here.

Front:

010.jpg

Notice the lovely rounded effect.

Side:

011.jpg

Quite realistic, eh?

Sorry for the blurry pics, but my camera wasn't responding well.

Give me your questions and comments, I'm not afraid of criticism. :devil:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I do not like weapons, but this looks quite good and realistic.

But why did you widen the handle with that sloped bricks 75? Based on your picture of the real gun, the handle is quite narrow, like the rest of the body of the pistol!

I'm not a fan of weapons either but still this very well done. Great job.

"I'm putting my hands up honest, just don't shoot" LOL

But why did you widen the handle with that sloped bricks 75? Based on your picture of the real gun, the handle is quite narrow, like the rest of the body of the pistol!

I said it was vaguely based off of the photo. First, I copied the picture's 2D shape and then added my own details, to make it seem real. I wanted it to gently curved outwards, but it guess it is a little steep. :wink:

Thanks the the comments, Forresto and Milan!

I would advise aganist walking into a gas station with that :wink: .

Quite nice looking though.

Amazing Inconspicuous! :cry_happy:

Its life size! :oh::wub:

Very well done!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Well I AM a fan of weapons, and this is very nice! Love the pieces used to make the trigger hole (hey, I said I liked weapons not that I'm an expert on them :tongue: )

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Love the pieces used to make the trigger hole (hey, I said I liked weapons not that I'm an expert on them :tongue: )

Indeed, the "trigger hole" as you call it (heck, I'm no better off myself!) took me the longest time to figure out. I started with a wire/pole piece bent into shape, but it was ruining the piece and came off to easily. Then this version was born!

Thank you for the comments, CommanderFox and Batbrick!

Nice work, I especially like the end of the barrel and the part that cocks the gun... forgot what it's called.

I might have to borrow this from you for my own amusement.

"Goodbye, Mr. Anderson"

:laugh:

Hand gun fan. :wink:

Very nice Inconspicuous with all those details :thumbup: , but why did you make it a 9mm why not a 45 ? :devil:

Edited by clone killer

How exactly do you intend to do this? Could you actually build the gun based off of the pictures? :wacko:

Hand gun fan. :wink:

Very nice Inconspicuous with all those details :thumbup: , but why did you make it a 9mm why not a 45 ? :devil:

Heh, heh, heh....heh. What's the difference again? I'm actually not a huge fan of guns and have no idea what you mean. This was originally intended to be part of my mobster Halloween costume, so it wasn't built solely for kicks.

"Goodbye, Mr. Anderson"

I was thinking more;

"That's a Smith and Wesson, and you've had your six" :grin:

How exactly do you intend to do this? Could you actually build the gun based off of the pictures? :wacko:

Trust me, I've built way more complicated things off of pics than this, it's not that hard it just requires ducking back to the computer a lot. And that is a compliment btw, I am seriously considering putting together one.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Trust me, I've built way more complicated things off of pics than this, it's not that hard it just requires ducking back to the computer a lot. And that is a compliment btw, I am seriously considering putting together one.

I could always make your life easier and take a few pieces apart, if you're serious about copying. There are some SNOT sections that might throw you off. I was always told 'copying is the greatest form of flattery' so thank you very much. :classic:

I think someone should make a lego hand machine gun! :laugh:

Oh boy. :grin: That would be a challenge. I might try one over the Holidays when I have more time.

Nice gun! I really like what you've got here, but I do have one piece of criticism to offer. I think those large arches behind the trigger position are too large for this purpose. The curve there should be semi-circular rather than a quarter circle, if you follow me. Maybe 45deg slope bricks or strategic use of cheese slopes might be better there. You could then look at fitting an actual trigger as well.

Nice gun! I really like what you've got here, but I do have one piece of criticism to offer. I think those large arches behind the trigger position are too large for this purpose. The curve there should be semi-circular rather than a quarter circle, if you follow me. Maybe 45deg slope bricks or strategic use of cheese slopes might be better there. You could then look at fitting an actual trigger as well.

I see your point. The idea of modding it with a trigger does sound appealing. :wub: If I have time, I'll give it a shot!

Well I AM a fan of weapons, and this is very nice! Love the pieces used to make the trigger hole (hey, I said I liked weapons not that I'm an expert on them :tongue: )
I am too, and I agree, this is indeed a great MOC of a handgun.
Nice work, I especially like the end of the barrel and the part that cocks the gun... forgot what it's called.
The Hammer. :wink:

"Goodbye, Mr. Anderson"

Nothing quite like having fun at somebody else's expense. :tongue:

Yeah, probably. I might not actually do it, but it would be fun if I did. :tongue:

I was thinking more;

"That's a Smith and Wesson, and you've had your six" :grin:

:grin:

The Hammer. :wink:

Ah, yes, that's it. Thanks.

Nothing quite like having fun at somebody else's expense. :tongue:

Or at my own. :sceptic:

:wink:

It's very realistic. :thumbup: I could hold up a bank with it. :grin: If someone would break in your house would you pretend it's real Inky? I would. :tongue: Good job! :classic:

I always keep it by my bedside in case of Lego thieves. :grin: When I wore it as part of a mobster Halloween costume, I had people all over the party coming up to me and asking to play with it. I also used it to make sure all the candy trades went my way. :devil: