Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Infection - Confirmation & Discussion

Eskallon, please stop editing your posts. Makes you look a tad suspicious....

Indeed.

Eskallon, that's your second edit, remember that if edit your posts more than three times during the whole game, it's right out.

Yes sorry, still new to it all. I have 1 more chance and I won't mess it up.

Sorry to say, but Day 3 won't be up until Sunday, as I'm away from my bricks for the weekend. Was hoping to get it done yesterday, but I was lacking some night actions and thus couldn't post it.

Sorry to say, but Day 3 won't be up until Sunday, as I'm away from my bricks for the weekend. Was hoping to get it done yesterday, but I was lacking some night actions and thus couldn't post it.

Tag Upgraded! :tongue:

Oh, and ... ARE WE DEAD YET? :laugh:

Hmph. I like how those who suspected me are now flouting it like it's a shield.

Well, I suppose I can tell everyone who the infected are now... :D

Edited by Darkness Falls

Plus, as Florentzia says, Suze's hovering finger over the 'edit' button is kind of distracting, since I've found that I've replied to posts that have had stuff added to them by the time I've composed my own reply.

Since this is gameplay and not plot related and the day has ended, I'll just reply to both of you here.

I have never in the history of mafia on EB, edited a post. For those of you who are dense, however, you should be made aware that if I need to add something to a post and it's been less than 20 minutes without any other replies, IPB automatically merges these posts.

It's why a smart poster will preview their message before posting it, especially if you are posting a long reply. As you check your own post, it will also show you if anything has been added by IPB during that time.

And to think that one of you is staff and should know this. :hmpf:

Since this is gameplay and not plot related and the day has ended, I'll just reply to both of you here.

I have never in the history of mafia on EB, edited a post. For those of you who are dense, however, you should be made aware that if I need to add something to a post and it's been less than 20 minutes without any other replies, IPB automatically merges these posts.

It's why a smart poster will preview their message before posting it, especially if you are posting a long reply. As you check your own post, it will also show you if anything has been added by IPB during that time.

And to think that one of you is staff and should know this. :hmpf:

In the post I replied to, there were words added to the first line of the post. I don't know as much as you do, but I was aware that when your double posts merge, they get added to the bottom of the post, not change anything else.

Sorry if I offended you, but I don't see how it's fair if you get to edit your posts while everyone else gets yelled at for doing so. If I am wrong, and you did merge them, but changed the first line without editing somehow, then I apologize.

Well that explains it, but it's still kind of annoying, especially in Mafia games where things move so quiickly.

I replied to one post which I thought was complete, but by the time I had done that another paragraph had been added which directly addressed me. Later readers of that conversation may have found it odd that I hadn't addressed the original post fully, but that was because it had changed in the meantime.

Are we supposed to wait 20 minutes then to make sure no new info is added?

That's why if I'm multi-quoting I generally open a reply in a new tab, edit it, and then submit everything at once.

Are we supposed to wait 20 minutes then to make sure no new info is added?

That's why if I'm multi-quoting I generally open a reply in a new tab, edit it, and then submit everything at once.

That's what the preview button is for, it will also refresh the thread and then you can see if there's been any new posts you have to address. :wink:

Anyway, the conclusion to Day 3 has been posted.

Everyone, not just staff, merges posts that are posted 20 minutes or earlier after your most recent post. The topic will appear as unread if you finish replying and someone posted before you hit "Add Reply." So, if you finish a post and the thread comes up as unread, check the post or two before yours as well as any posts that appear after.

In the post I replied to, there were words added to the first line of the post.

If I am wrong, and you did merge them, but changed the first line without editing somehow, then I apologize.

You are completely wrong. There were no words added, removed or changed in the first line of any post I've made in this or any other game (actually, I posted in MC2 after I died and edited my post without authorization while announcing the EB News coverage associated with it, but that was a joke). Any additions to any actual game post have been the IPB post merge which I would gladly disable if I could, but people make stupid mistakes and post things in triplicate that way otherwise. For that matter, I wish it was possible to disable editing completely just for specific topics, but that isn't even possible.

so what was in her belly with all that talk of scars and bad things happening when he dies, I'm confugled

(it's ok i I post here right? :grin: )

~Insectoid Aristocrat

so what was in her belly with all that talk of scars and bad things happening when he dies, I'm confugled

(it's ok i I post here right? :grin: )

Everything will be revealed once the game is over, I have no further comments. :wink:

You are completely wrong. There were no words added, removed or changed in the first line of any post I've made in this or any other game (actually, I posted in MC2 after I died and edited my post without authorization while announcing the EB News coverage associated with it, but that was a joke). Any additions to any actual game post have been the IPB post merge which I would gladly disable if I could, but people make stupid mistakes and post things in triplicate that way otherwise. For that matter, I wish it was possible to disable editing completely just for specific topics, but that isn't even possible.

Alright, then, I am sorry, I must have been mistaken. I also wish editing could just be disabled in the Wargames forum, but at least it's not a huge problem.

Everything will be revealed once the game is over, I have no further comments. :wink:

Oh thanx this is gunna be killing me :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry for not being very active, Hard to think straight when you're throwing up and have a massive fever. :sadnew::blush:

I'm fine now though. :classic:

Heavily God? *huh* Esk, Quarry will kill you for calling him fat. :tongue:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant "heavenly" :tongue:

Heavily God? *huh* Esk, Quarry will kill you for calling him fat. :tongue:

Sorry I meant heavenly :tongue: , at least I didn't edit any posts. :laugh: