Sign in to follow this  
segambit

7898, 7997 and 10194 side by side?

traintech1.jpg

Well my son LOVES trains. He is still to young to build lego, but well i buy and he plays. (Well we build together) so it works out fine.

I did look at the cargo deluxe kit in the store last day and the train station. Looks like they fit together. Now i wonder if the Emerald Night fits with this two kits, or if it looks way to big ?

Any pictures on it in a kit?

Hi there!

I thought the Emerald Engine is about 8 studs wide, the normal cargo train is 6 studs wide. It's moretheless the same scale, but I think it is the same question as using the modular buildings in your normal city lay-out. Some love it, some don't.

Lucky I just finished the Emerald Night late last week, so here is it along side the cargo train engine.

dsc00030.jpg

Now for a front view of them both.

dsc00032.jpg

Hope this helps in any way.

Lucky I just finished the Emerald Night late last week, so here is it along side the cargo train engine.

dsc00030.jpg

dsc00032.jpg

Wow. Emerald looks so much better. Do you have the trainstation also?

Yes, I do have the train station except it's at my son's grandparents house. Sadly I don't have in a layout yet so I can not tell you about clearances of train, track and station platform. Maybe a real Lego train buff can give you more answers.

Just took a quick look at mine, and I would say there's plenty of clearance for the Emerald Night next to the station - there's a two stud clearance for normal trains, so the driving rods on the EN will not bump into the platform.

But, like you where wondering in the first post - the Emerald Night is aimed at adults, who usually build their own stations. It'll fit, but the station will look tiny with the engine parked next to it; a bit like those small rural stations that always seem to be semi-abandoned, if you know what I mean.

But, like you where wondering in the first post - the Emerald Night is aimed at adults, who usually build their own stations. It'll fit, but the station will look tiny with the engine parked next to it; a bit like those small rural stations that always seem to be semi-abandoned, if you know what I mean.

:tongue:

I guess you need to extend the station quite a bit .... times 3 I guess LOL

But the Emerald would look really great next to a train station.

As an AFOL train Emerald Night belong to station like this: :classic:

17_10_2009_100.jpg

17_10_2009_76.jpg

10k+ pcs, at our clubs layout.

The Emerald Night is about 7 stud wide. The 7898 is 6 studs wide.

I have the 7897 set, transformed into a steamer. When put side by side, they look like they belong together.

The Emerald Night is about 7 stud wide. The 7898 is 6 studs wide.

I have the 7897 set, transformed into a steamer. When put side by side, they look like they belong together.

7897 as a steamer? Pictures?

dsc00030.jpg

dsc00032.jpg

I believe these good picture show that in fact they do fit together very well aesthetically! The EN is not much larger except at the front.

I think your son might be able to tell you that even though the Emerald Night is much sleeker and powerful, the cargo train is a Very Useful Engineā„¢! :wink: