Sign in to follow this  
Nightshroud99

Lego Board Games?

Can someone please tell me why the LEGO board games, such as Creationary, are not available in the U.S. Why is this and will they be released here? :sceptic: I really want to get some of them.

Um... I've got three Lego board games (Creationary, Creator, and Racers) about twelve feet away from me right now... in Florida.. :sceptic:

Maybe you're not looking the right places? Or perhaps you're talking about the board games that were released in Europe this year (like Race 3000, Minotaurus, and Luna Command) whic will come out in the US sometime next year.

I'm kinda mad about this. I sure hope the games are released next year in the US, cause I just gotta get that Monster 4 game. I was ok with some of the Advent calenders not being available in the States, but if we don't get these games, that's too far.

Um... I've got three Lego board games (Creationary, Creator, and Racers) about twelve feet away from me right now... in Florida.. :sceptic:

Maybe you're not looking the right places? Or perhaps you're talking about the board games that were released in Europe this year (like Race 3000, Minotaurus, and Luna Command) whic will come out in the US sometime next year.

Really, because there not on LEGO.com and I don't have a LEGO store near me so I can't check there.

Can someone please tell me why the LEGO board games, such as Creationary, are not available in the U.S. Why is this and will they be released here? :sceptic: I really want to get some of them.

The boardgame industry (my other hobby) is largely dominated by European companies (mostly German). The games come out in Europe, and if they're successful, an American publisher will buy the rights to publish the games in the U.S. My assumption is that these Lego boardgames are following the same typical distribution pattern as other non-Lego boardgames.

It's a different pattern then a typical Lego set, which often gets simultaneous worldwide distribution. Boardgames rarely work like that. It would be awesome if they did, because I HATE reading about some awesome new boardgame that just came out in Germany, then having to wait 9 months go get a copy. That's just the way it goes though.