Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Bounty Hunters. We don't need that scum!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello again dear community!

Yesterday night I completed Boba Fett's Slave 4, a very ugly but interesting vessel. Today I'd like to share this with you together with some other bounty hunter ships. You'll most probably know the bounty hunters but their ships are not that well-known, except the Slave 1 of course. :wink:

bounty_hunters.jpg

--------------------

Let's start on the very left. That's Dengar, the bounty hunter who rescued and nursed Boba Fett after he had fallen into the Sarlacc. His ship is the "Punishing One", a crescent-shape Corellian Jumpmaster 5000.

punishing-one-1.jpg

--------------------

On the other side of the bounty hunter gathering above you see Zuckuss and the droid 4-LOM who work as a bounty hunter team. Their ship is the "Mist Hunter", a Byblos Drive Yards G-1A transport. This one is already more tricky than the "Punishing One". The front section is rounded, which is not easy at 1-stud-width and the siede panel / wing construction is very unusual. The lessen I learned with that vessel is to always have some old 1x1 clip plates with thin ring. :classic:

mist-hunter-1.jpg

--------------------

But 4-LOM is not the only bounty hunter droid. There's also IG-88 (2nd from left), a dangerous assassin droid. His ship is as deadly as he himself. It's the "IG-2000" a Trilon Aggressor Assault Fighter. This is a really tricky craft. Everything, and really everything is angled here. When you look at the instructions you'll see what was necessary to build this. :classic:

ig-2000-1.jpg

--------------------

Second on the right side is Bossk, a Trandoshan bounty hunter who pilots the "Hounds Tooth" a Corellian YV-666 light freighter. One of the details that make this ship unique is the overhang lip at the top corner. The front overhang was done by jumper plates, but this required the whole thing to be studs down. The whole thing? No. :wink: There is a studs inversion in the middle of the ship making the rear part again studs up.

hounds-tooth-1.jpg

--------------------

Okay, only one bounty hunter left. The infamous Boba Fett! You all know his ship, the "Slave I", a Firespray Patrol and Attack craft. There exists an official MNI model by TLC. As I respect this, and my building rules tell me that when I want to make a Slave 1, too, this has to be completely different to avoid overlappings. Thus, my version of the Slave I is rather a MICRO instead of MINI model. I like it for the fact that I finally found some use for that light grey rounded wedge piece. :classic:

slave-1-1.jpg

After Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc and was healed, his original ship, the Slave 1 was in inpound, thus he aquired a MandalMotors Pursuer Enforcement Ship, the "Slave II". You can see it in the Dark Empire comic series for example. The "Slave II" was one of the first ships I built completely with the new bluish gray colours. :classic:

slave-2-1.jpg

Unfortunately there's nothing known about the "Slave III" besides the fact that it existed. But we again know a bit about his later ship, the "Slave IV", an Amphibious Interstellar Assault Transport (AIAT). This is a pretty ugly and colourful vessel. It's engines are huge. :grin: The cockpit section is very snotty, allowing for a studs down curved slope which is the perfect solution for the boat hull of the amphibious part of the ship. :classic:

aiat-1.jpg

--------------------

That's it for now! Thank you for stepping by!

~ Christopher

Edited by KimT

Once again, you are shocking me with great minis! Tell me, what will the next set of them involve? Republic fighters? CIS ships? Rebel fighters?

Great MOCs again Legostein! My favourite is definitely IG-88's fighter. I remember reading a comic a few weeks ago including that particular spacecraft. :thumbup:

Again, great job, and keep it up!

Just absolutely wonderful. Great job as always, I really love the instructions pictures adn all the fun facts really put this set over the top.

Bravo!

These are excellent! I really like the shape of Dengar's one and Bossk's reminds me of the Sandcrawler.

Thanks for sharing, I have also learnt a little more about Star Wars :classic:

Amazing work! You certainly have a knack for minis and indeed micros. Slave II makes me think of a Republic Gunship in grey!

:oh: Bobo Fett was rescued????? You learn something new everyday!

Great ships fella,very interesting reading some new star wars history!

:oh: Bobo Fett was rescued????? You learn something new everyday!

Great ships fella,very interesting reading some new star wars history!

New? It seems someone knows less about Star Wars than not necessary. :tongue: He lives about another 20+ years after he falls in the pit.

Great job on the minis! I always hated every Slave ship after the Slave I. It was a dumb idea to me, but either way, you did the ships nicely! I also think the Pushing One was done excellently!

Hello!

I thank you for the nice comments! It's my pleasure contributing to this fine community. :classic:

Yes, maybe I should have waited a bit longer before opening a new mini set, but once my one week holiday is over, my RL job will keep me busy, I guess, so that I can do only posting but no building and photographing. :classic:

Cheers,

Christopher

These are great mini's will an in depth explanation of storyline and build characteristics, thanks so much for going to the trouble of teaching me some EU Star Wars knowledge. I would have to say the IG2000 looks like the winner for me, but it was tricky just to choose a favourite.

Cheers.