Sign in to follow this  
Deanc

GTE: Dead Man's Mine

Ghost Train Entry

Dead Man's Mine :

4045259477_07cbafe8ed_m.jpg

Decided to throw something together for the ghost train challenge this weekend . Dont have a massive collection so went for something small . So i made a small indutrial switcher and a couple of small industrial/narrow gauge cars . Then came up with the mine idea for background . Thanks for looking :)

More photos here

Edited by TheBrickster

Great entry! I like the SNOT walls of the first car behind the loco. Only thing I would suggest, it perhaps do some more work on the rock face, make it look less square and more random and rocky.

Nice job Deanc. I've always loved mining trains, and the thought of a "Dead Man's Mine", great idea. The little red shunter works very well as it has the appearance of a narrow gauge locomotive. I like the ore car with the use of the plates on its side and the chain. That's definately a lot of precious minerals! The skeleton car for the ghastly workers works great as it looks like they might hop off any minute to lay some explosives stored in the wooden crate. Nice mine entrance as well. I'd love to see it expanded into the depths of the earth.

Overall, a great Ghost Train entry. I'm glad to see you enter the building challenge and join us here at Train Tech. :thumbup:

I like the design, and the mine wall. The skeletons are a nice touch and I'm amazed by the amount of gold in that bucket.

Nice design :thumbup: