Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 6

058.jpg

"Oh boy. What a lovely night for a stroll!" said Athranhart happily. "I sure hope I'm not being followed. I'll go sit down on this couch in case anyone is following me, to give them a chance to catch up."

059.jpg

"Well, guess that no one's following me. I thought tonight might be eventful for a change."

060.jpg

"That stupid woman! Who does she think she is, doing that to me! My poor stomach! And I can bearly see straight. Well, he sat down on the couch, I know that. He was going so fast. But I've caught up to him now, and I-"

"Hello."

"Oh... you're not who I expected to see. What are you doing out this late?"

"I wanted to find that damn clock, but it's on the floor above us, and the door's still locked."

"Oh."

"I think I'll go check-"

THUD

061.jpg

"I'm sure he'll be okay by morning. I mean, I've had it done to me before too."

"Oh boy. What a lovely night for a stroll!" exclaimed Rudy giddily. "I think I'll sit down on this here chair!"

064.jpg

"What the-"

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

065.jpg

067.jpg

"Oh god. There's another one."

068.jpg

"I don't want to be blamed for this one."

Cast of Characters:

060-1.jpgLord Athranhart (A Lord) - Striker

063-2-1.jpgMme. Florance (World Famous Chef) - Zapper Brick

057-1.jpgCheif Morrison (Cheif of Police) - Jimbutcher

058-2.jpgSrgt. Johnson (Retired Army Srgt.) - Miccacol88

063-1.jpgAmelia Warhog (Famous Fighter Pilot) - Hewkii9

059-1.jpgProf. Rudy (Prof.) - Bob the Construction Man

061-1.jpgRex Harbor (Party Man) - Eskallon

056-1-1.jpgFather Clarance (Priest) - Draggy

062-2-1.jpgJimmy Thacher (Matinacne Man) - Ricecraker

061-2-1.jpgThomas Baker (Lawyer) - ImpShadows

062-1.jpgLord Gregor (Lord) - Zepher

MaptoMafstraw.jpg

Best of luck,

Zepher

This is most disturbing... judging from the pictures, I'd say that the first person to sit down was Arthanhart, confronted by Clarance. Arthanhart knocked him out, then walked away. Later, Rudy walked in, and was killed. Clarence woke up, found him dead, then ran away. I'm pretty certain Clarence did not commit the murder.

Also, I was informed that Clarence was knocked out by Thomas. I rushed to the foyer to see Clarence, only to see Rudy's dead body. When I came back to my room, I found it ransacked.

Thomas, would you mind telling me why you sent me to check on Clarence when you could have stayed with him yourself? Perhaps you killed Rudy, after Clarence was knocked out, or maybe you sent me on a wild goose chase so you could ransack my room. Maybe you did both. Either way, you have some explaining to do. :hmpf_bad:

Thomas, you idiot, why dd you do this to me?! :angry:

I'd like to grab Thomas by the neck and shake him until he tells the truth.

It also seems, by the look of things, that old Faisser is alive, and is rather murderous. Who else could it be? He practically screamed to the heavens "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!". :hmpf_bad:

Look, Faisser, if you can hear me, you old bag, stop killing the people you invite-Oh. I see what's going on now.

It's a trap! :oh:

I'd also like to run to the nearest exit and bang my fists on the door, screaming things like "Get me out of here before he axes me like the old pickle I am!!" until someone has to slap some sense into this old mind.

Thomas, would you mind telling me why you sent me to check on Clarence when you could have stayed with him yourself? Perhaps you killed Rudy, after Clarence was knocked out, or maybe you sent me on a wild goose chase so you could ransack my room. Maybe you did both. Either way, you have some explaining to do. :hmpf_bad:

Despite the way the photography was done, I'm the one sitting in the chair in black, Athranhart had already left. I had specifically asked to find the clock we heard earlier, and you'll see where I mentioned that fact. The figure walking in the room is Clarance, and as you will note, he was muttering about what the maid had done to him. Unless he was trying to say that Amelia was the one to punch him in the stomach... That's interesting.

"That stupid woman! Who does she think she is, doing that to me! My poor stomach! And I can bearly see straight. Well, he sat down on the couch, I know that. He was going so fast. But I've caught up to him now, and I-"

At which point he passed out on his own and I didn't want another situation like the last time I found a body, so I got the hell out of there.

"I don't want to be blamed for this one.

I sent you to check on Clarance to get you out of your room, which I then searched looking for the missing book. I never found it. That means that there was another person in the basement with us or either Amelia or Clarance have it.

Given the sequence of events, Clarance couldn't have committed the murder, he was passed out. I had left the room to find Morrison, and since I was sending him back to check on Clarance, I am fairly certain he didn't commit the murder either, unless he did it when he returned, but I would have noticed him carrying a rifle/shotgun.

Thomas, you idiot, why dd you do this to me?! :angry:

I'd like to grab Thomas by the neck and shake him until he tells the truth.

What the hell are you talking about?

RUDY!!!!! :cry_sad: The "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" statement seems to prove my theroy.

I may be passing Arthanhart Potatos with Messages inside them.

Thomas, I mean it must be you who knocked me out. Unless I'm very confused, what you may or may not have said makes it rather obvio... Oh... Wait... A lot ofus have been knocked out before...

I may be passing Arthanhart Potatos with Messages inside them.

Why are you sending me vegetables? :wacko:

Thomas, I mean it must be you who knocked me out. Unless I'm very confused, what you may or may not have said makes it rather obvio... Oh... Wait... A lot ofus have been knocked out before...

Why are you sending me vegetables? :wacko:

Read the message inside. :wink:

Read the message inside. :wink:

*clunk*

I'd like to pretend that Florance just threw a fruit vegetable at my head.

You crazy old bat, can't we just talk over in the corner instead of you constantly pulling potatoes out of nowhere and throwing them at me?! :angry:

*clunk*

I'd like to pretend that Florance just threw a fruit vegetable at my head.

You crazy old bat, can't we just talk over in the corner instead of you constantly pulling potatoes out of nowhere and throwing them at me?! :angry:

Fine, fine.

Drags Arthanhart to the corner.

PS: Crazy old bat. :tongue:

Ooh my. Rudy's dead. That throws all my theories out the window, for now. If the night killer who struck Jimmy acts again...I don't know.

We should try and figure out what the deal is with Lord Faisser, and if we can get him on our side.

Ooh my. Rudy's dead. That throws all my theories out the window, for now. If the night killer who struck Jimmy acts again...I don't know.

We should try and figure out what the deal is with Lord Faisser, and if we can get him on our side.

You seem to not regret your former teacher's death much, which is suspicous in itself. However, my suspisons lie elsewhere...

You seem to not regret your former teacher's death much, which is suspicous in itself.

Or, maybe she, like I, is waiting to mourn until we figure this situation out. :hmpf_bad:

Or, maybe she, like I, is waiting to mourn until we figure this situation out. :hmpf_bad:

Indeed, although Zepher God told us to act like someone is dead when they die.

Indeed, although Zepher God told us to act like someone is dead when they die.

Well, that's true.

:cry_sad:

RUDY!! Why?! Rudy! No! Rudy! Why'd ya have ta go?! :cry_sad:

I'm such a sad-sack. :sad:

Well, that's true.

:cry_sad:

RUDY!! Why?! Rudy! No! Rudy! Why'd ya have ta go?! :cry_sad:

I'm such a sad-sack. :sad:

Better........

Anyway, we must decide what to do today.

Despite the way the photography was done, I'm the one sitting in the chair in black, Athranhart had already left. I had specifically asked to find the clock we heard earlier, and you'll see where I mentioned that fact. The figure walking in the room is Clarance, and as you will note, he was muttering about what the maid had done to him. Unless he was trying to say that Amelia was the one to punch him in the stomach... That's interesting.

Alright, thank you for the explanation, I find it plausible. And yes, the person knocked out was Clarence, and yes he was muttering to himself about Amelia. She punched him in the basement to protect herself.

At which point he passed out on his own and I didn't want another situation like the last time I found a body, so I got the hell out of there.

That sounds reasonable enough, but there's still a chance that you killed him. I can't really say for sure, but I'll be keeping an eye on you.

I sent you to check on Clarance to get you out of your room, which I then searched looking for the missing book. I never found it. That means that there was another person in the basement with us or either Amelia or Clarance have it.

Well, thanks for ransacking my room without asking. I have no idea what book you're talking about.

Given the sequence of events, Clarance couldn't have committed the murder, he was passed out. I had left the room to find Morrison, and since I was sending him back to check on Clarance, I am fairly certain he didn't commit the murder either, unless he did it when he returned, but I would have noticed him carrying a rifle/shotgun.

Wait, how would you know that the murder was committed with a shotgun or a rifle? The photos look to me to show that Rudy was killed with a hatchet.

Morrison, you're remembering it wrongly - I slapped someone, not punched them in the stomach [i also figured out that I had slapped Baker, afterwards].

You seem to not regret your former teacher's death much, which is suspicous in itself. However, my suspisons lie elsewhere...

I'm sorry for not bawling like I did when I lost my Rexie. He was just one in a long line of university teachers, it was strange to see him here, it was strange the way events around him transpired, and it's strange he died so soon.

Morrison, you're remembering it wrongly - I slapped someone, not punched them in the stomach [i also figured out that I had slapped Baker, afterwards].

I'm sorry for not bawling like I did when I lost my Rexie. He was just one in a long line of university teachers, it was strange to see him here, it was strange the way events around him transpired, and it's strange he died so soon.

Just an offhanded comment. After all, we must look at everything as a clue, then piece it together. In fact, maybe we should make a suspect list, including all the evidence for and against them.

My goodness, what a night! I feel terrible, whoever punched me has a mighty good swing, I'll give them that. *groan* I would still very much like to know who did that, I am willing to offer my forgiveness as a man of the Lord if you would only own up please. His Holiness teaches forgiveness, but for there to be forgiveness there must be confession. :classic:

I really don't know what to think right now, but we do need to find out who stole that journal, it appeared to have some vital information in it that might explain the presence of this madman amongst us. It is too bad we didn't get a chance to finish reading it.

And it would seem we have another victim amongst us, Rudy our dear professor. I will pray to the Lord for his safe passage to Heaven, he seemed a good and honorable man from the little time I have had to get to know him here. We must put a stop to this madness soon, before we are all wiped out by this madman that is here amongst us. :sadnew:

Just an offhanded comment. After all, we must look at everything as a clue, then piece it together. In fact, maybe we should make a suspect list, including all the evidence for and against them.

I don't think that that's necessary - it's evident Faisser killed Rudy, and it makes sense that he was the night killer who took out Jimmy and Rexie - otherwise, he would have struck again. I have more reasoning as to why Rudy was the killer, if anyone would like to hear at some point.

With some volunteers, I would like to search the main floor and basement [if we find a light] for Lord Faisser, and try and talk to him.

If we go into the basement, we should also retrieve and read the entirety of Faisser's journal.

With some volunteers, I would like to search the main floor and basement [if we find a light] for Lord Faisser, and try and talk to him.

Amelia, I trust you, so I'd like to go with Amelia down to the basement.

I don't think that that's necessary - it's evident Faisser killed Rudy, and it makes sense that he was the night killer who took out Jimmy and Rexie - otherwise, he would have struck again. I have more reasoning as to why Rudy was the killer, if anyone would like to hear at some point.

If we go into the basement, we should also retrieve and read the entirety of Faisser's journal.

I'd like to follow along, but pull out the knife Amielia gave me. Must keep prepared, after all. Shoot. Why is Rudy the killer?

*deep breath*

At the beginning of yesterday, we had eight suspects, Florence. You, me, Rudy, the Father, Morrison, Athranhart, Baker, and Johnson. One of those was the night killer, who killed Rexie, Jimmy, Lord Gregor, as well as imprisoned Faisser. All this is confirmed by one line from the journal - "I heard him kill another last night, and then another this morning." He says another to refer to Jimmy, because he had most likely mentioned Gregor's death in a prior entry we hadn't read.

From those eight, I whittled down the suspects. The killer is repeatedly described as male - it's not you or me. The killer said "Now I'm getting out of here and as far away from danger as possible." I believe this meant he would get away from where he had trapped Faisser. This means it's most likely not Baker, the Father, or Morrison. Then, in the journal, Johnson and Athranhart were mentioned by name, meaning it wasn't them, as entries that mention them also mention the killer - logically, Faisser would just have said "So-and-so tied me up then whatever" if it was one of them. This leaves Rudy. But, I have more.

- Faisser did most definitely kill Rudy - the journal mentions him finding an axe, which is the murder weapon.

- The object that Rudy took from Rexie's corpse was his bullet, as we gave him the gun out of the people we had tied up then. It's almost good that he died when he did, as he was armed by this point. We should track down his gun.

- Rudy being the killer is supported by the fact that he is the one hit by the knife thrown from the kitchen - Faisser was friends with Athranhart and Johnson, and deliberately aimed it at his jailer.

- Lord Faisser blocked off the basement, as he would have probably thought that Rudy would go down to hide evidence.

- Tying back into that picture of a Lucy, Rudy was more than old enough to be implicated with that.

*deep breath*

At the beginning of yesterday, we had eight suspects, Florence. You, me, Rudy, the Father, Morrison, Athranhart, Baker, and Johnson. One of those was the night killer, who killed Rexie, Jimmy, Lord Gregor, as well as imprisoned Faisser. All this is confirmed by one line from the journal - "I heard him kill another last night, and then another this morning." He says another to refer to Jimmy, because he had most likely mentioned Gregor's death in a prior entry we hadn't read.

From those eight, I whittled down the suspects. The killer is repeatedly described as male - it's not you or me. The killer said "Now I'm getting out of here and as far away from danger as possible." I believe this meant he would get away from where he had trapped Faisser. This means it's most likely not Baker, the Father, or Morrison. Then, in the journal, Johnson and Athranhart were mentioned by name, meaning it wasn't them, as entries that mention them also mention the killer - logically, Faisser would just have said "So-and-so tied me up then whatever" if it was one of them. This leaves Rudy. But, I have more.

- Faisser did most definitely kill Rudy - the journal mentions him finding an axe, which is the murder weapon.

- The object that Rudy took from Rexie's corpse was his bullet, as we gave him the gun out of the people we had tied up then. It's almost good that he died when he did, as he was armed by this point. We should track down his gun.

- Rudy being the killer is supported by the fact that he is the one hit by the knife thrown from the kitchen - Faisser was friends with Athranhart and Johnson, and deliberately aimed it at his jailer.

- Lord Faisser blocked off the basement, as he would have probably thought that Rudy would go down to hide evidence.

- Tying back into that picture of a Lucy, Rudy was more than old enough to be implicated with that.

Yup. Seems solid enough. Only one problem..... What if Rudy has an accompilice? Also, I doubt Zepher God, who is probably "controling" Faisser, would want this game...of life to end so quickly. :look: