Sign in to follow this  

Hello there!

I'm new to this forum and I 'd love to introduce you one of my creations.

Using Lego Mindstorms NXT, I created a Lego loom, that actually makes textiles out of wool. It's my second loom, and is a bit faster and smoother than the first one.

In the project i used 3 NXT motors. The first motor moves shuttle left and right, through the shed between the green warps. The second motor moves the green warps up and down, to change their position and the third motor presses weft together. It uses no sensors.

The program is written in RobotC and is very simple. It only tells the motors how many rotations they should turn, and that's all.

The structure of a loom itself is a bit more complicated. You'll probably understand it by watchig the video

, but if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

It took me about one looooong afternoon to build it, and a lot more afternoons, to finish details and to make it work.

The picture of the loom:

4.gif

other pictures here

video

video of my first Lego loom

Hello Jan and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

This is an absolutely incredible way to start here! :wub:

What an amazing MOC! But why did you use RobotC? I never heard of that language. Is it more simple than the regular Lego programming system or is there another reason why you chose it?

Nice video as well. But you are not going to wear the produced stuff, are you? :wink:

Concearning yourself: Would you mind to tell something more about you here?

Very interesting design, very clever.

I am all new to Mindstorms NXT, actually got the set unopened after buying it a week or two ago, and am looking foreward to enjoying building robotics.

Welcome to EB.

:thumbup:

@Holodoc - Why i used RobotC? Actually it's the only programming language for NXT which I know how to deal with. I learned it last year in a "summer school of robotics", where we played with Lego Mindstorms for a week. And I also don't like the original Lego NXT software very much. I prefer code-writing rather than putting those blocks together.

Great machine, and a great way to please a wife. :wink:

Oh, my mind just slipped away by reading this.

:blush:

:grin: