Sign in to follow this  
Mos_Eisley

MOC: Haunted House

On the tails of the Halloween Set inspired by 10199 Winter Toy Shop, I thought I'd post the haunted house that inspired my little set! I actually built this last Halloween, but I wasn't a member here and I never posted about it anywhere else so I guess it's kind of new. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any interior details. I eventually added minifigs and accessories, but these are just the pictures from when I completed the main building.

hauntedhouse1.jpg

hauntedhouse2.jpg

hauntedhouse3.jpg

hauntedhouse4.jpg

hauntedhouse5.jpg

Happy Halloween!

Gee, man...This is phenomenal. I like it very much.

It is very creepy place, from the gate to the tower of the house. Despite the fact you took picture of it in a light it still looks like it is dark around it, I like that. It is just spooky.

It is great, maybe you should add something little in the yard, a grave, or some broken bench, broken lamp post...

Dang! This better get on the front page! I love the amount of detail! Is there any interior? How did you make the base?

Why do I ask so many questions?

Absolutely fantastic Mos_Eisley! How I've wanted to create a wonderful haunted house such as this. Not only is the creation deserving of a "front page"; especially since it's perfect for the season, but it also deserves a little photo editing to help create the eerie atmosphere that you've captured in LEGO so well (I hope you don't mind).

hauntedhouse.jpg

Sweet! :wub: :skull:

WOW another Amazing MOC there Mos_Eisley :skull: :wub:

I love the ground and the trees and the house and and and just about Everything in it!! :tongue::wub:

Well done!

CommanderFox

This is an amazing MOC Mos Eisley, thanks for sharing it with us. The house really has a spooky feel to it and I love the fence, boarded windows trees and all those brown stalks too :wub:

I also quite like the 10199 Haunted House design too, keep up the good work.

ISC

That's an amazingly creepy moc there Mos Eisley! Fantastic stuff, the wood boards on the windows looks both cool and conceals that inside at the same time, I like it. The trees are great, those mechanical looking pieces work surprisingly well. You've got a lot of those brown grass pieces too, I didn't even know they came in that colour; I'm jealous :laugh:

The building design is very good too, not overcomplicated but still very shapely. A very successful creation I'd say, but where's the ghouls? :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Wooah, that photo editing by TheBrickster really pulled the maximum spookiness out of the great Haunted House! LOVE IT!

This is great, I know this is going to be nit picky, but I wish there were some figs hanging around. maybe a skeleton, or a jackolatern headed fig.

Seriously though, it looks great, I can't believe that the siding is tiles and not just the side of regular bicks. It really add's needed depth to the side.

Fantastic job!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! TheBrickster, thanks for the Photoshop work! Of course I don't mind! I wasn't going to be able to get to it for a few days so I just thought I'd post as is - so thank you!

I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Unfortunately, my pictures with all the extra Halloween touches like skeletons and pumpkins didn't turn out!

Somebody asked about the base, I'm not sure if you meant the whole base or the base of the house. Batbrick, the brown flower stems only appeared in one set - 10123 (I think that's the number) Cloud City Star Wars set. They must have ended up in a European pick-a-brick too because I remember a few years ago when someone had several hundred for pretty cheap. Unfortunately before I got a chance to buy some, someone had purchased them all! Now they are quite expensive.

I had the idea about the trees for a while and just needed a suitable creation to use them with. I have a lot of the tan arms to use for trees in the fall. I'd really like a bunch of white ones for wintery trees but they are hard to find in quantity.