Brickthing

Action Figure Forum Discussion

A new, updated review index is now up. The Bionicle index has been merged with the rest of the themes to keep in line with other indexes, and now that the theme is no longer growing there is no need for it's own topic. Hero factory has also been cut up by year, and the first post contains a thorough link index that will take you directly to the post you are looking for.

Themes from the year Everything past 2011 that was missing has been added in, including Breakout, Brain Attack, Invasion from Below, Superheroes, and the Legends of Chima CHI sets.

Mixels will be added once they begin showing up in stores, and when we possibly have better photos for the CGI thumbnails.

Check out the new index here

*Please remember that there are a lot of images and links in the index, so you may want to give the page a moment to load before attempting to scroll through*

Enjoy!

As the poll we had up a short while ago hinted at, a MOC index is next up on the to-do list. I think at this point we are the only subforum without one..

The Review index has been updated with the 2HY reviews for Hero Factory 2014 and Legends of Chima 2014.

Bacem I also added those reviews you found, thanks for the links.

Hi I have some questions. First one being is can I create a topic dedicated to posting and showing off my mocs and artwork despite if their quality (not image quality) isn't that decent? And if so is there a limit to how many images I can share per post or per day? Second question (through answer does seem obvious) is that I want to share a moc with a HF build that is based from something that isn't licensed by Lego. So can I post it here or should I post it to licensed theme forum? Also can I share videos too? If so again how much videos per post or per day?

Edited by BuilderMax

Hi I have some questions. First one being is can I create a topic dedicated to posting and showing off my mocs and artwork despite if their quality (not image quality) isn't that decent? And if so is there a limit to how many images I can share per post or per day? Second question (through answer does seem obvious) is that I want to share a moc with a HF build that is based from something that isn't licensed by Lego. So can I post it here or should I post it to licensed theme forum? Also can I share videos too? If so again how much videos per post or per day?

1) Yes you can create such a topic, if you don't think your MOCs are decent quality then the only way you can improve is to show them and receive comments and criticism. There is a certain image limit that the board will set but you can link to a flickr set or brickshelf folder if you run out of space and want to link to more pictures.

2) If it's an action figure build, it goes in this forum. You could post it in either, but generally we have all action figure builds, even ones that are licensed like Superheroes ultrabuilds or other Lego themes such as the Chima ultrabuilds.

3) Why would you need to share videos?

1) Yes you can create such a topic, if you don't think your MOCs are decent quality then the only way you can improve is to show them and receive comments and criticism. There is a certain image limit that the board will set but you can link to a flickr set or brickshelf folder if you run out of space and want to link to more pictures.

2) If it's an action figure build, it goes in this forum. You could post it in either, but generally we have all action figure builds, even ones that are licensed like Superheroes ultrabuilds or other Lego themes such as the Chima ultrabuilds.

3) Why would you need to share videos?

1) Okay got it however I don't use Brickshelf and Flickr, I have always used DeviantArt and Mocpages. So is it okay I share images and link to them?

2) Okay thanks for shedding some light on that.

3) Its not that I need but I just wanted to ask in case its forbidden to do so. I in generally don't have intentions on wanting to embed videos to here. However rare case is that I want to show this video of mine

in a moc post.

And yes that's the moc I was referring to in second question.

Edited by BuilderMax

1) Okay got it however I don't use Brickshelf and Flickr, I have always used DeviantArt and Mocpages. So is it okay I share images and link to them?

2) Okay thanks for shedding some light on that.

3) Its not that I need but I just wanted to ask in case its forbidden to do so. I in generally don't have intentions on wanting to embed videos to here. However rare case is that I want to show this video of mine

in a moc post.

And yes that's the moc I was referring to in second question.

Yes those are fine, I just used Brickshelf and Flickr as examples. And yes that is perfectly fine to show a video like that with your creations if you want to. (And to answer your previous question, there is eventually am embedding limit, but like photos, just remember to keep things at a reasonable amount to save space and so people with slower internet/computers won't have to wait ages to see something.

Yes those are fine, I just used Brickshelf and Flickr as examples. And yes that is perfectly fine to show a video like that with your creations if you want to. (And to answer your previous question, there is eventually am embedding limit, but like photos, just remember to keep things at a reasonable amount to save space and so people with slower internet/computers won't have to wait ages to see something.

Okay got it. Thanks for explaining!

Do you still give out those neat hau tags? If so, what are the criteria to get one?

These are the requirements for the Hau Tag;

• Likes BIONICLE
  • Has been a member for at least 1 year
  • Has made at least 200 posts
  • Has made a minimum of 25% of their total posts or 200 posts in the Action Figure Forum

(To roughly count your posts in the AFF, use the search function with "Find author:" as your name, and "Find in forum" as "LEGO Action Figures". In the results, multiply the number of pages returned by 25.)

I'm just getting back into the constraction scene, so I think I'm a bit short there. But I'll be around here a lot more now that the good ol' bonkles are back, so I'll post back here a little later. Thanks.

Quick question, would Star Wars Technic sets count as Action Figures or just regular technic? Remember that Bionicle was originally a sub-theme of technic...

Quick question, would Star Wars Technic sets count as Action Figures or just regular technic? Remember that Bionicle was originally a sub-theme of technic...

I would think technic star wars sets would go in the star wars forum.

I think i probably qualify, though I hardly post much anymore. Chances are, I'll be in more discussions once the new Bionicle line comes out and there's a bit more to discuss. As it is, there's too little to speculate about and what little there is to say about the images we have has already been said numerous times.

Of course, there's still plenty to discuss regarding potential story stuff, but I'm not sure I want to touch that until there's more confirmed details to work off of.

Star wars Technic Sets belong in the Star Wars forum. You can see them in this post of the Star Wars review index.

After I have finished the MOC index I plan to update the first post of this thread, I will try to give a clear definition of what belongs here in the Action Figure forum.

---Vertea--- and Dorek i have added your hau tags!

I'd like a Hau tag, but I hate BIONICLE so I don't qualify.

(JK I meet the requirements)

Edited by Mesonak

I'd like a Hau tag, but I hate BIONICLE so I don't qualify.

(JK I meet the requirements)

NO.

None for you.

Also can we challenge members with other tags to some sort of trial-by-combat and earn their tags if we win? That seems like a fun way of doing things :U

(Also also I do like my Hau tag <3)

These are the requirements for the Hau Tag;

Oh, I didn't even realize I qualified. Would be neat to have it :v