Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Ron

Black Dragon

th_thindexedgif.gif 90b

Here is the second attempt at my first attempt at a Pirate ship.

The Black Dragon is a small Pirate sloop operating near my port of St. Peterbrick. Its main job is to harass shipping in the area.

black_dragon2_001.jpg

black_dragon2_002.jpg

black_dragon2_003.jpg

black_dragon2_004.jpg

black_dragon2_005.jpg

Please excuse the mismatched sails, no other ones will fit with the ship. What do you all think?

Edited by SlyOwl

That is very good! I love that Set look.. Looks like it could be with the Classic pirates line! Would also suggest going to Bricklink to buy some more Pirate figs. :pir-wink:

It's a nice start, with a good crew, fine cannons and a very nice figurehead :pir-classic: I think some sails would be useful too :pir-tongue:

Good luck on this ship, and hopefully, with your next ship(s)!

This is actually quite good! Nice job building a decent ship on those small hulls. :thumbup:

You've put some nice details in it, the stern is especially nice with that rudder and musket details. The figurehead is also ingenious.

I suggest you tile the walls, it gives it a more smooth look. I also think it's a good idea to make the stern a little higher to match the ship's line.

Some more filling up near the bowsprit might be nice as well. Make sure it's not getting too squarish though.

And the last one: it could do with some ropes. :pir-wink:

Very nice vessel. I like how you did the backend of the command bridge :thumbup: .

I presume this is no PTVII entry?

I would indeed put ropes and sails, but i need to know how to do it in a way to not make it look suckish :) Ill look at the index to see if that can help me at all. And no it is not a PTV2 entry

Edited by Admiral Ron

Yes I am going to make more, I am in the process of an Imperial ship, but it is still in the wishful thinking stage :)

I like how slick it is. Sails would be nice! As some of the guys mentioned, the figureheads are well chosen!

Excellent! The poop deck looks great now, and the tiled walls as well. Nice improvements.

Perhaps the stern could use some more colour instead of plain black. :thumbup: