Sign in to follow this  
Angel

MOC Pirate Ship: The Black Heart Galleon

th_thindexedgif.gif 90a

Hey guys. I'm here to share one of my best creations EVER. It's well put together and also posted a picture slide show here:

Hope you like it! :0)

I'm having trouble uploading images on this thing.

I'm having trouble uploading images on this thing.

If you're having the same trouble I am. I can help cause some nice people explained it to me. lol you can use the "Insert image" button to post the pictures. and when you click on it you put the image URL in it. (and other people, currect me if I'm wrong,) but the picture has to be online that you're linking to.

Thanks. I contacted one of the staff cause this is just weird. It's saying i only have a tad bit of space left, but there's no current attachment which makes no sense. I was wondering if maybe Photobucket would help out and use links from that, like what you're telling me. :pir-blush:

BHG0.jpg

BHG1.jpg

BHG2.jpg

BHG3.jpg

Thanks for your help Nate. This works out better. :)

Holy cow, this thing is massive :pir-oh: . The only thing I dislike is the cabbin, looks a little top heavy. What did you use for the sails just normal cloth?

lol yes. The cloth on the sails are from a plain black shirt i bought at Kmart so the sails are new. It's because it's two cabins on top of another. The upper cabin is more detailed than the lower cabin but the lower cabin has the captain's quarters in it. :pir-blush:

THe cabin does look a little top heavy as previously mentioned but not enough for it to bother me. I love the lower deck area, it's so big compared to the BSB ship I have. I must say, I'm thoughroughly impressed, do you happen to know the piece count :pir-oh3:

Thanks for your help Nate. This works out better. :)

You're very welcome! glad I could help =]

And that ship is awesome!! You've done an excellent job on it!

Roughly over 4000 pieces indeed Big Cam. When i ordered my black pieces, my bulk was 3455 pieces. There were aloooot of 1 x 2/1 x 3 black bricks/plates, a buttload of 1 x 4/1 x 6/ 1 x 8 black plates/bricks in there as well. Plates and bricks were top priority. Then there's the slopes, inverted pieces, parts from two brickbeard's bounties (It's black pieces and some pearl gold pieces, and some reddish brown logs cause i ran out of the oldbrown logs and used these for under the masts) the Black Seas Barracuda's pieces are in there, Skulls Eye Schooner pieces, the reddish brown plates from Soldier's Fort used in the basement, then i had to do a seperate bricklink order for oldbrown 1 x 2/ 1 x 4 Logs. I found someone with just alittle over 200, but i needed MORE and it ended up being ANOTHER order from another seller. A good 2 and a half weeks or so was spent...You know what's sad though....? This ship was created only to be filmed in my series, and possibly get destroyed in the end...

Thanks for the comments Nate! By the way, i think you added me as a friend, but i can't find you anywhere. O_O Gee... sometimes i don't know if it's just me, or i'm just not used to Eurobricks yet.. lol. And thanks for the comments General A, the black pearl? I'd never be able to pull that off. Or.. I don't think i could... :3 Hey again Captain Z, always nice to see you around. Well, that thing with the attachment is still the same way so i never fixed it. I tried to mail you back but Yahoo's been getting on my nerves tonight. -_-

Thanks for the comments Nate! By the way, i think you added me as a friend, but i can't find you anywhere. O_O Gee... sometimes i don't know if it's just me, or i'm just not used to Eurobricks yet.. lol

I did add you as a friend. and that's odd =S Here is my Eurobricks profile. If that works lol

I think maybe i was suppose to add you too, just did now and it's working fine. :0)

As I said in your 'hell my name is...' thread already: excellent ship. It looks massive and menacing. Perhaps a bit bulky on the cabins here and there, but still well-proportioned.

Hey Rick! Thanks alot :3 For a second there you almost lost me when the 'O' was missing from hello. :pir-classic:

Wow, that's one big ship you got there! :imperialguard_commander1:

It looks great as a ghost ship (which I think it should be.)

The cabins may be a little too big, but the ship is a little too big as well, which makes it even again.

I hope to see more of your MOC's in the future!

Edited by saberwing

Hey Saberwing. Actually, this ship was built three times that i know of. I have images of it the first, and second time it was built if you'd all like to see those. The first time i made it, she was only 3 hulls long (1 in the middle) and appeared silly because it's front and cabin appeared gigantic. The second time i made her, she was 6 hulls long (4 in the middle) but i still had so many parts laying around, i had a feeling i could rebuild it one last time with hope. At this time, i was still missing packages from bricklink to come in. I felt confident enough to give it one more upgrade, and i did. Doing so, the ship became a whopping 8 hulls long (6 in the middle). My original plan was to build it with three floors in the center instead of 2 floors. But... I ran out of black bricks and plates. And the last bit of logs were used on the cabin. The cabin itself was originally smaller than it is now. Still, it was 2 cabins big, i took it apart and created an even larger cabin you see now. Let me show you some old shots i saved the first, and second time i built this ship. But do note that these images look bad.. I REALLY need to get a better camera. Something better than 5 MPs but affordable.

Old1.jpg

Old2.jpg

Thanks for the comments badboy! I don't wanna take it apart either, but i may not have a choice since this titan is using up my parts from 6285 and 6286. And i reeeeally need them to be around lol. That's okay though, i can rebuild this ship again especially after i order another large bundle of black pieces and logs. In the future, i'm gonna try to build the biggest, most monstrous pirate ship EVER. But with a custom hull instead of those 8 x 16 oldbrowns. Thanks Rob! :) Oh yeah, i agree about the ghost ship thing, but my 6286 is already acting as one. I was thinking of making several changes to the Skulls Eye Schooner sometime to make it look more ghost ship material anyway. ^____^

Hey guys. I have bad news. This ship is no longer coming to Episode three of my films. The ship fell off the scene and went to pieces. There's no way i could possibly rebuild it again now. For that, episode three will now be delayed by a week. Looks like i'm gonna have to build another black and brown pirate ship or something. Oh well. It would of been nice to see the 22 cannoned titan in action. :/

Picture558.jpg

It's always sad to see a beauty go to the bottom of the oceans. This is really too bad. :pir-cry_sad:

Lucky enough you were able to find some wreckage on the beach, and I hope another ship will set sail soon.

Good luck on the new/next ship! And don't throw her from her stand again. :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

It's always sad to see a beauty go to the bottom of the oceans. This is really too bad. :pir-cry_sad:

Lucky enough you were able to find some wreckage on the beach, and I hope another ship will set sail soon.

Good luck on the new/next ship! And don't throw her from her stand again. :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

Thanks Captain Blackmoor! I could of really caught alot of people's eye with this thing in the next ep. I guess some things aren't meant to be. I mean it was kinda funny when it fell over, you'd expect some loud wreckage sound but...It's legos. Though it was very heavy too. The problem here was, the bottom of the ship was so thin, while the top was so wide and heavy. Because it was on sheets, it tilted over towards the edge where i was filming it coming towards the camera. There's NO way i'd be able to rebuild her again, but a replacement of some sort will be in order soon enough. Or something. God i hate this crap. I was doing fine til that happened. Here it is, i just put it back on the set and....yeah. There's no way to fix it. lol

Picture558-1.jpg

Picture560.jpg

Picture559.jpg

She is big, menacing, a little unconventional and everything I want from a good old fashioned pirate ship! Well done.

Ooops. Bummer. At least she died in action.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

She is big, menacing, a little unconventional and everything I want from a good old fashioned pirate ship! Well done.

Thank you. :0)

I might still be able to use this somehow. Not sure. Could be difficult in stop motion since everything's loose.

LOL i'm suprised nobody noticed there's a hamster right next to the ship in one of the images. I tried to rebuild the ship, but the walls are all crumbled down. I got the front rebuilt but the cabin was completely destroyed. I can't rebuild another large cabin like that because the black pieces i already had had ran out on me right on cue. Time for another plan.