Scop

The simple Joys of the clueless Soldiers

th_thindexedgif.gif 100b

There was a time, that the people called "The clash of the forces", when pirates and soldiers fought a war, that seemed to be endless. But after everything was pillaged and plunderd and burned and after ten thousands of people had lost der lives, the war came to an end, when the pirates suddenly disappeared.

Time passed by and the people tried to rebuilt their destroyed houses and harbours.

But the soldiers, not knowing what to do with all the weapons, soon began to be bored. Until someday one of them developed a new form of game.

4016736367_32bc7a1bc3.jpg

4017500468_b86875cde1.jpg

4017499038_bc35f90aed.jpg

4017498438_2b11ab7177.jpg

4016734947_5f5f925048.jpg

While playing their games, most of the soldiers totally forgot about the world and the people surrounding them...

"Isn´t this a lovely life , Sir?" - "Harr, I see a storm on the horizon..."

4017501090_1a752c348c.jpg

Arrrrrrr.

Scop.

A very nice, unique and funny concept!

You also paid much attention to details. Well done :thumbup: !

Wow there sure are a lot of nice things going on in your MOC. I love the use of the barrel and the canon ball for a hole and a golf ball. Very original. I also really like the wooden fence on top of the moc. Very nice. There are some things I don't like:

- I don't get the point of the devil head. Why did you add it?

- I'm not sure of the lever base for a flower. It just doesn't look right.

~Badboy

AARGH! Golf is the subject of my yet-to-be-photographed medium entry! :pir_laugh2: We can assume that mine occurs after yours, though, as the art has been refined somewhat.

This is a great entry, you thought of everything - musket for a club, barrel for a hole, cutlass for an apple peeler... it's totally what the soldiers would do with their stuff if they were bored out of their skulls and didn't have anything to do. I also like how your entry looks good from every angle.

This is a pretty clever entry. Even though I don't get the point of the evil head on the officer. Good luck.

Thx for the comments so far :)

²Tereglith: I´m curious, how your entry will look like

²the thing with the devil head: This is meant as kind of a symbol or a sign, that a new menace is coming soon, but is not noticed by the playing soldiers .

This MOC is well done for many reasons.

1. The soldiers are obviously having a good time and you do not need to explain that to me.

2. They are still trying to appear to do work, with the rifle mounted in the window and the mini-fig that I assume is a scarecrow of some kind?

3. I like the inlaid golfhole.

4. The top railing and fence top look really neat and I enjoy them.

5. I like the use of multiple shaed of gray and the appearance of randomness in the color.

6. I don't know why this should matter, but the imperial flag looks to be an old one? For some reason that makes me like this more!

Good job and very nice MOC! Good detail!

-martinsuper

Very nice concept, ingenious ideas about minifig utensil usage... all those things really make this MOC stand out. However, I'm starting to get the feeling that we've had the two-floored cross-section scene construction utilised a bit too often. I know that it's the Small Division and there are not many other ways one could arrange for a meaningful scene, but here I just don't find the two-floored surroundings as being the best possible option. It might just be me, but I feel that the concept of pirates playing games has so much potential, you could have easily turned this one into a medium "Pira-lympics"-themed entry.

That said, I hope you won't be mad at me or think that I'm trying to bash your MOC... As the other EB members have already pointed out, it is a very well thought-out MOC and definitely a wonderful Small Division entry.