Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Princess Quest Chronicles: Brothers-in-Charms

Welcome to the second prequel I have made for my LEGO Castle comic Princess Quest. This time we will return back in time a hundred years into the past of Brickland, and see the wizard brothers Fabuland and Noland in their younger selves.

You can read all about the adventures of Beatrix, the would-be queen of Brickland, and her companions by clicking the links indexed in my signature. If this is your first foray into the series, I strongly recommend reading those beforehand, or at least looking through the "Who's Who" -topic.

The story will continue later this year with a full-fledged sequel to PQ called Queens' Quest. But now, please enjoy the blast to the past!

PQCIITitle.jpg

PQCII1.jpg

PQCII2.jpg

PQCII3.jpg

PQCII4.jpg

PQCII5.jpg

PQCII6.jpg

PQCII7.jpg

PQCII8.jpg

PQCII9.jpg

PQCII10.jpg

PQCII11.jpg

PQCII12.jpg

PQCII13.jpg

PQCII14.jpg

PQCII15.jpg

PQCII16.jpg

PQCII17.jpg

PQCII18.jpg

PQCII19.jpg

PQCII20.jpg

PQCII21.jpg

PQCII22.jpg

PQCII23.jpg

PQCII24.jpg

PQCII25.jpg

PQCII26.jpg

PQCII27.jpg

PQCII28.jpg

PQCII29.jpg

PQCII30.jpg

PQCII31.jpg

PQCII32.jpg

PQCII33.jpg

PQCII34.jpg

PQCII35.jpg

PQCII36.jpg

PQCII37.jpg

PQCII38.jpg

PQCII39.jpg

PQCII40.jpg

PQCII41.jpg

PQCII42.jpg

PQCII43.jpg

PQCII44.jpg

PQCII45.jpg

And now that you've made it this far, why not leave a comment? :wink:

Great work as usual, Sandy! :thumbup:

A really good story about the two wizard brothers. The rivalry is nicely pictured and the jealousy of Noland is easy to understand. But in the other prequel they seem to have pretty much laid their rivalry aside, at least that's how I understood it. If that's correct I would really like to read something about how the brothers came to peace again before Noland was kidnapped by the Svartalfs.

It was nice to learn a bit more about the High Ones in general and about Minerva in particular, she seems like a very ambitious woman with great thirst of power. Better keep an eye on her...

Now to discuss the LEGO building in this comic: I really like the courtyard/garden, the statue and the path is very nice and the amount of greenery is well balanced. I also like the library/studyroom, although I'm not so sure on those green flames and lamps. I guess you were going for a "magical" look but I think I would prefer something more realistic in this case.

Anyway, thank you for another great story and I'm looking forward to the Queen's Quest later this year! :sweet:

My! I thought this was going to be about the brothers disliking each other, but this was something else entirely! I really enjoyed it, and very much like the character of Minerva! I can't wait to get back to the present day and see what's happening. :wink:

Great comic, and even better I know who the brothers are, my marathon of comics went well. :thumbup:

thanks for the comments! :wub:

Now to discuss the LEGO building in this comic: I really like the courtyard/garden, the statue and the path is very nice and the amount of greenery is well balanced. I also like the library/studyroom, although I'm not so sure on those green flames and lamps. I guess you were going for a "magical" look but I think I would prefer something more realistic in this case.

Yeah, I was aiming to get a "shady" and "mysterious" vibe to the library, but I agree that it didn't quite turn out that way. :laugh:

As for the garden, I put every flower I have in my stock in it, which tells a lot about my collection of greenery bricks. But on the other hand, I don't think the garden needed any more flowers anyway. :wink:

I really enjoyed it, and very much like the character of Minerva!

In my opinion she's quite a b****, but each to his own. :grin:

Seriously though, I didn't want her to be all conniving and villainous, she's rather just overly ambitious. If she truly had feelings towards either of the wizard brothers, I think we'll never know. When you are forced to spend 100 years as an obedient owl, you tend to lose all feelings of affection towards the one who made you that way. :tongue:

Great comic, and even better I know who the brothers are, my marathon of comics went well. :thumbup:

Yay, glad to hear you lived through the marathon! I'm honored that you went through all the trouble just to catch up. :classic:

I always look forward to new comics of you. I love them!

Great to hear!

In my opinion she's quite a b****, but each to his own. :grin:

But that's why I like her.

It's interesting to have a character who's out for themselves, but not evil persay. They don't really have alliance, and that always shakes up the plot a lot!

Another great addition to the series Sandy! I thought the title was little cheesy, but nether the less it's great to see more of a back story to the characters. The interiors all look loverly, espeacialy the courtyard. Will anymore of these characters be returning in the sequels like Grandalf, Minerva (wonder where you got that name from?) or that sinister looking gentleman in the library.

Will anymore of these characters be returning in the sequels like Grandalf, Minerva (wonder where you got that name from?) or that sinister looking gentleman in the library.

Grandalf? Maybe.

Minerva? Definitely (she was in PQ too, mostly in her owl-form, though).

The librarian? He's been dead for about a hundred years. :tongue:

The wizards have unnaturally long lives because of their tempering with magic, but otherwise the humans in Brickland live just about as long as real humans.

Oh, and I thought the title was brilliant! :laugh: It has references to "brothers-in-arms" (except charms instead of arms, referring to them being wizards), but on the other hand it tells of two brothers who are charmed by the same woman.

The librarian? He's been dead for about a hundred years.

Oh, sorry! I assumed he could've been like the red-headed warrior from the latest addition of the PQ's prequals.

Oh, and I thought the title was brilliant! It has references to "brothers-in-arms" (except charms instead of arms, referring to them being wizards), but on the other hand it tells of two brothers who are charmed by the same woman.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the title, very smart and witty. I never thought of it being the two brother wizards being 'charmed' by a woman. I thought it was refering to it being about two wizarding brothers.

How many more prequals can we expect before the Queen Quest series, and the revitalizing of the Time Crash series?

How many more prequals can we expect before the Queen Quest series, and the revitalizing of the Time Crash series?

I have none planned. So up next is QQ Chapter I (and eventually the postponed Episode 7 of Time Crash). :wink:

The story will continue later this year with a full-fledged sequel to PQ called Queens' Quest.

Is it later this year, yet? I need more please :)

Great story and I appreciate your efforts and hard work in making these lovely comics. :classic:

ORC!

Now that i've fully caught up its great to see how things were before, and shows us how Ogle was created :classic:

I like how youve managed to display the aging between the two and what they look like in PQ, its very well done :thumbup:

Also, i see that Minerva has some kind of drak purpose going on here. :look:

I just wanted to let you guys know that my comic project is not dead by any means, life has just been a hassle for me lately. But now I'm on a long vacation with plenty of time to weave more stories for you to enjoy.

To celebrate that, I made a little sneak peek promotional picture for Queens' Quest, portraying the central characters (which there are plenty). You'll surely see familiar faces, but most of them are new.

QQ.jpg

As the picture promises, the first episode of Queens' Quest is out due Christmas. :wink:

Oh, there's a lot of interesting characters in that picture :sweet:

The two-headed guy and the faun/satyr-whatever looks especially cool! :thumbup:

Can't wait for the first episode! :cry_happy: