Sign in to follow this  
Lars

MOC: Our fair princess in CubeDude form

indexed.gif

I guess that everybody knows what a CubeDude is by now. If not, here it is. MacLane came up with the concept and made a hundred or so before posting them to the world. Now they have their own Flickr group and the boxy little figs seems to be spreading quite well as a FAD in the LEGO community.

I've only made two of them so far. Both Leia themed. Here they are:

3979375577_588ce0373c_m.jpg

4008509339_c8f6cce656_m.jpg

Be sure to check out all of the CubeDudes on Flickr and let me know what you think about these two.

Edited by KimT

A non-AFoL friend sent me a link to the CubeDudes. I was surprised I'd never seen them before!

These look great Lars! I like your parts choice for Leia's bikini - inspired! Boush Leia looks ace too; you've captured the look of the helmet perfectly and I like the little touches too like her ammo belt and thermal detonator. Nice work!

Got any other CubeDudes planned? :classic:

Love your cube dudes, or should that be dudettes in this case :grin:.

I already have seen them on flickr however. I particularly like how you've designed the boushh (spelling) costume :thumbup:.

I've seen these before too but they are awesome and funny. I think the world might be a better place if we were all cube dudes/dudettes. :pir-grin:

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

Wow love these! Lars :thumbup:

Great job!

They are very nicely made aswell!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

These are great good job. Princess leia in a bikini still looks hot even in cubedude form :devil: . Hah! but both are extremelywell done.

I've seen these before too but they are awesome and funny. I think the world might be a better place if we were all cube dudes/dudettes. :pir-grin:

Yeah and we all drive lego cars to work. Hey at least we won't die from a car accident.......we'll just go to pieces instead. Just getting put back together could pose a problem.

Edited by Star_Wars_Rules

Very well done, I really like all the details of the Boushh. Especially the helmet is very accurate, for being a cubedude.

Cool cubedudes! I like boush Leia the best I like the use of the binocular piece for the ammo belt.

Great work :thumbup: !

Thanks for all the comments.

After the two leias I made a series of prequel era CubeDudes. Have a look and let me know what you think.

4026452304_6548ffe25b_m.jpg

4029106897_615d20a19b_m.jpg

4035163938_8339527ef1_m.jpg

These cubies always make me smile. :grin: Oh... and very well done, you really managed to 'cubify' the characters really well.

Fantastic ! I particularly love Boush Leia, Grievous and the clone !

Are building instructions available for any of these (either on this thread or the Flickr stream) ?

Cheers,

Dr. D.

Wow, these are surprisingly good.

I was skeptic coming into the thread but I was shocked. They are very accurate and fun looking.

Great work.

Wow these are fantastic! Finally getting a chance to comment on them. That slave leia is looking real fine! :blush: I love how your able to cram so much detail into these little figures. Darth Maul has got to be my favorite! Awesome work!

Thanks for all the comments.

..and now Admiral Ackbar. He was a tricky build actually. It's hard to get the right CubeDude look when the character even in it's orginal form is supposed to have the eyes on the sides.

4099643525_1a956f2d03_m.jpg

Edited by Lars

"It's a twap!"

Ach! Beat me to it... :wink:

He looks brilliant Lars. The level of detail you've manged to get in there is superb - right down to his nostril shapes and his irises. The little (Exoforce?) sticker is a nice touch too. Good work dude!

Thanks again.

I'm starting to get to the end of my list of Star Wars characters that would be interesting to make as CubeDudes. We'll see if this is the end of it. Here's an Ewok. The color of his hood might suggest that it isn't Wicket I guess.

4157526915_83e7a2207d_m.jpg

Wow, you really ahve a talent for this, Your Grevious is my favorite, he looks like an anime version of himself.

The Ackbar and Wicket are also incredibly accurate. These are all custom right?