Sign in to follow this  
Duq

MOC: Red Devil

traintech1.jpg

I've just uploaded some new pictures of an old MOC: the Red devil.

4008968818_579b812db9.jpg

This is a Dutch mdu that was built in the early 60's and remained in active service until 2003. An earlier diesel had the nickname 'Blue angel' so when these new trains appeared in their red livery they received the nickname Red devil. A few of these trains were sold to a railway company in Slovakia but have never been used.

I built this train after my post train. The design of the front of these trains in real life is related but the models are very different. The post train was a 7-wide, this one is 8-wide. At 50+ length per carriage it's quite a beast...

Very nice Dug! I love the stubbed-nose front end, a sharp design that I'm sure looks like the original train. The color palette looks nice with the red, tan, black, and gey (although I'm a little surprised you chose grey for the small door sections (but they still look good)). I love all the classic red windows, as well as the 2x3 sized which adds to the detail. Overall, another sharp and stunning train from a great train builder! :wub:

Ah, another great design by Duq! I really dig this one's curvy look, I think you've done brilliantly in capturing the train's exact form!

Wow Duq, actually never seen this one before .... It looks a lot like the yellow version of this train. Very good resemblance :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Initially these trains had red sliding doors but at their first revision these were replaced by a different type. These new doors had been bought in grey for their electric cousins of 'Plan V' and 'Plan T'.

While in real life they only appeared for a short while in red with the grey doors (before being painted yellow) I thought this would make it a more interesting looking train. The train that's been restored for the national railway museum also has this colour scheme:

60020018.jpg

[picture linked from Railfan Europe]

Edited by Duq

That is a great creation Duq! You did a really good job of the nose and I really like how you managed to get all the right colors in the right places. The details under the train are nice too. Was it powered by one 9v motor or two? (hard to see the back of the train) It looks pretty heavy. :classic: Did it have an intererior too?