Sign in to follow this  
exotrator

Spanish Colonial Outpost

Here is a small vignette I made in the colonial era. Some of you might remember my Pirates of San Pedro diorama built for PTV last year. This is somewhat similar, just scaled down a bit.

I plan on expanding this vig into a diorama, with a couple large buildings, and a small band of Caribs raiding. This vig is almost like a sample of something larger.

Anyway, I hope you like it!

img_2035_fix.jpg

img_2036_fix.jpg

A lone corsair going for a stroll:

img_2037_fix.jpg

A disgruntled Carib Blowgunner:

img_2038_fix.jpg

A Spanish Musketeer

img_2039_fix.jpg

The Spanish Cross of Burgundy:

img_2040_fix.jpg

A couple quick notes: This is not for PTVII, but I might make something similar that will be. The Scimitar and Bayonet are from Brickarms. The custom flag is from Bricks & Customs. The Pirate's torso is a decal and was found on Brickshelf (can't remember username)

Thanks for looking! :pir-classic:

This is . . . . extremely nice. I would buy this definantly if it was an official set :imperialguard_commander1: , and it could be. Really good job and best o' luck to ya.

Nice! :wub:

The roof is becoming one of my favourite techniques these days (even though I am yet to use it myself), and the Indy fig parts fit in really well here.

The subtle ground texturing and colouring, with the well dispersed plants, add a lot to this. The non-boxiness of the landscaping is a definite improvement on San Pedro. :thumbup:

I really like that you got the correct spanish flag. I think that the soldier and the other minifig both have a spanish look and fit well in the MOC. I especially like the native who remind me a lot of the natives in the beginning of Indiana Jones.

Very cool!

-martinsuper

Excellent work! I think that torso decal was from VidGamer. I think you can also see him on Flickr under ('Vid).

Good work for sure. Really captures the atmosphere as it should.

I just wonder where did you get those mexican brown minifig heads? I mean they would be on bricklink for sure but I'm just interested what set they came in.

Perfectionist

Fantastic MOC, everything is laid out perfectly. It is not crowded, but not empty either. Plants really add something. Can't wait to see the diorama you mention!

Great work.

Cool nice flag :pir-blush: .Keep thinking ive seen the flag in some spanish armada picture probobaly cos its spanish.Hope those dagoes have a nice time in hell :pir-skull:

Nice MOC, :thumbup:

I especially like your roof and your custom made fig and flag.

A great transition in the sand colors.

the Inventor

Very slick, I love the design.

The local guy in the background is a great touch, and thr bambo roof is awesome.

I'm curious where did you get the heads and arms for the two soldiers? They seem darker than usual.

As quite a few people have asked, where did you get the heads and hands for the soldiers?

The MOC itself is quite good. Nice positioning of the Native there. But it looks more like a miniature hut than an outpost. That may just be me, however. I don't know much about the Spanish colonial structures. Good roof textures there - I see a bit of SNOT!

EDIT:

Looking at the MOC again, I see that it is a colonial outpost - at a first glance looked like a log hut. Excellent work!

Edited by starwarsfanatic

I think that this is a great MOC. you don't see a lot of pirate MOCs with flesh people but it worked out well. The blow gunner is a nice addition too. :pir_laugh2:

The heads are both from Indiana Jones - the one of the guy in green is from the Cairo Swordsman, and the one for the Spanish musketeer is one of the grail guardians from Venice canal chase.

Great MOC btw, I like the shape of the ground especially.

Awesome, I enjoy the simplicity of it, the roof is cool looking! Where did you get the bayonet? i cant find it at brickarms lol. Anyway, good job!

Thanks everyone! Your comments are much appreciated. :pir-cry_happy:

The heads are from the new Indy sets and are indeed slightly darker. The bayonet is a Brickarms prototype that is not available online. The flag was custom made and is from the Bricklink store Bricks & Customs.

Thanks again everyone!