Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Undead pirates attack a fortress! Yeah baby!

And this will be our fortress for the evening...

mini-p5134150.jpg

mini-p5134152.jpg

The guests arrive...

mini-p5144166.jpg

mini-p5144169.jpg

They bang impatiently at the front door while the hosts look down to see who it is...

mini-p5144167.jpg

The hosts prepare to entertain the guests with fireworks...

mini-p5154193.jpg

Nice find.

Though it seems that all xbow soldiers are the same which also goes for the undead guests :| that could have been done better.

KimT

How would you have done it, Lord KimT? Are you saying you'd prefer greater diversity in the mini-figures face and/or torsos? The skeletons are bit harder to achieve that with given there's only 3 different kind of skeleton faces but there are ways. Oh yes, there are ways!

And new colors now that we have the graveyard duel *satis* . nice building, but I find it a little bit empty (meaning lack of small details). It's still really impressive and massive.

Catapults, traitors who are hanging from the top of the fortress, wrenches for the guy to have some kind of entertainement, some flags, and the other usual stuff you'll find in those scenes :-D

How would you have done it, Lord KimT? Are you saying you'd prefer greater diversity in the mini-figures face and/or torsos? The skeletons are bit harder to achieve that with given there's only 3 different kind of skeleton faces but there are ways. Oh yes, there are ways!

I'd have used different figs for the tower guard - for example one could have 5 or 6 units of xbow men. Each consisting of a sergeant (one fig) a 6 xbow men. The there'd be 5 or 6 different kind of helmets, torsos and so on. As for the undeads - I might have added the new skeletons - and different armors - breastplates, helmets and even shields. (Yes I know it's difficult setting skeletons up using different weapons due to the way their arms are attached). But at least they could have used swords, spears, pikes, axes and so on. That would have added some diversity to the scenery. Hey even a dragon could have been added :oD

KimT

Once I made a MOC and to break the monotomy of the white I added those 3 branched green leaf things. It worked quite well.

Nice find... but Ibelieve it was originally billed as a castle! I like the small vessel the skeletons are arriving in.

God Bless,

Nathan

Where was it originally "billed" Mr Norro? I must have missed that!

I think it appeared at some castle show... I saw it on Lugnet...

God Bless,

Nathan

I think it works quite well as a pirate MOC myself, however! The skeletons are still pirates because the defintion of pirate is "Someone who raids or attacks from sea which is exactly what they are doing. Unless of course the castle is on an island in the middle of a lake or something but that hasn't been established so its subject to interpretation :D

subject to interpretation :D

When eventually charged by the inquisition this phrase will begin my defence...

God Bless,

Nathan