Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Classic-Pirates.com Report: The Future of LEGO Pirates

Link with report does not work. And I got acrobat reader. I can't even save it to the PC, please help.

It works just fine for me, can you try it again? Just leftclick on it.

Little shameless self-promotion there, Phes? Don't go breakin' your arm pattin' yerself on the back... :P

As an ex-journalist and occasional position-paper author myself, I know all about being proud of your part of something and needing to show it off; BTDT.

Actually there was more than one editor... The fine tuning process was a mighty fine team effort!

Yes indeed, I wrote the initial version and then had it reviewed by several people including our Governor Mr. Phes, several staff members and some people who blog on Classic-Pirates.com. Our member CVSPIS CELIDVS even made a Chinese version.

An excellent input there from the lego community :) it's nice to see that! Hopefully they will VALUE our needs/concerns! there is a big Imperial ship coming 2010! It's the biggest ship from lego :pir_laugh2:

Has anyone else observed how so many more Pirate BrickMaster books are sold than Castle ones, and how many Pirate Building Sets are sold than Castle Building Sets?

Wherever I go, I see more Castle Building Sets than Pirate ones left over, and more Castle Brickmaster books. My girlfriend who sells the BrickMaster books at her bookstore says that children almost unanimously choose the Pirate one over the Castle one. The only time they sell the Castle one is when the Pirate one isn't there.

While I have no access to the sales data of either theme, these two sets are both aimed at children. Given that the Pirate theme seems to be heavily preferred over the Castle one, it seems bizarre that the Castle theme should be 'evergreen', and the Pirate theme should be a one-year novelty.

Edited by David Thomsen

Wherever I go, I see more Castle Building Sets than Pirate ones left over, and more Castle Brickmaster books. My girlfriend who sells the BrickMaster books at her bookstore says that children almost unanimously choose the Pirate one over the Castle one. The only time they sell the Castle one is when the Pirate one isn't there.

Aside from your girlfriend's information, what other evidence is there to suggest Pirate BrickMaster books are selling more than their Castle counterpart?

It could be the Pirate Brickmaster sets sell better in your region but this may not be the case globally. Although it should be!

Aside from your girlfriend's information, what other evidence is there to suggest Pirate BrickMaster books are selling more than their Castle counterpart?

It could be the Pirate Brickmaster sets sell better in your region but this may not be the case globally. Although it should be!

Surely there are other people who work in retail here who have made their own observations...

The other set, the Pirate Building Set, I was looking for last week because I wanted another one of that rare torso in case of deterioration of the one I have... and of the six main Lego retailers in this city, only one still had this set, but they all had the Castle Building Set.

Edited by David Thomsen

Surely there are other people who work in retail here who have made their own observations...

We could split these past couple of posts into a new thread and specifically ask for observations because we probably won't get much of a response under the current thread title.

We could split these past couple of posts into a new thread and specifically ask for observations because we probably won't get much of a response under the current thread title.

Sorry, I try to avoid creating new topics where possible, and 'the future of Lego pirates' seemed the most appropriate...