Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Ron

Imperial Politics

Greedy Imperial POLITICIANS! :pir_laugh2:

Excellent work on this entry. The chandelier parts usage is nice although it does seem a little bare. Maybe adding addional candles would help and changing your candles to use something along the lines of this in white for each candle stick and some of these for the wicks as if they are burning in yellow or black if they are not. The imperial who is accepting bribes office looks nice and I love the use of all the flags, pictures, etc. It certainly isn't a boring office.

Fun concept. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by NewRight

Made a new, more detailed version, what do you all think this round?

MUCH MUCH MUCH better!

This is a night and day difference. I almost feel that the first MOC has nothing to do with this one. This MOC really captures the scene, the guy in the attic makes sense, and the walls and building look very nice! I LOVE this improved version you made! I think you really put yourself in the running with this update!

Very good job and taking the comments and making them happen!

-martinsuper

I like that you replaced the boy scared of the rat for the imperial officer eves dropping on the guys downstears.

The roof decoration is a nice idea, but I'm not sure I like that thing. Sorry, but I must admit it doesn't really look like a phoenix to me. You could perhaps try something simpler/ smaller?

As to the furnishings on the second floor - the small table is a simple yet nice solution, it works just fine for me. However, due to the angles at which those pics were taken, I can't really make out what that red thing behind the eavesdropping soldier is. Looks like a sofa, but I'm not really sure...

I noticed the new exterior shot - I strongly suggest moving those inverted slope bricks one brick up, so that they come just below the roof, like trusses. The way they're placed right now simply doesn't make sense.

And if this is going to be your final version, I strongly suggest retaking some of those pics. As I'd mentioned, the angle makes it impossible to actually see what the red thing on the second floor is, so you could include a pic without the soldier there, if you really want to show the details you've included. Do make sure though that your first pic depicts your MOC in its entirety, from the top of the roof deco element to the bottom of the base; and take it at the angle at which your previous improvements were shown - with the soldier on the second floor looking at the camera. To me, that really was the best angle for this MOC. Oh, and you should also consider making sure those candles are aligned - you could bend them all slightly or have them all stand horizontally, but the way just one of them is bent inward right now just does not look nice...

P.S.: Yay, knighthood finally gained!!! Poll posting, here I come!!! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by TheOtters

This wont be my last, it shall be better within the week. the reason it is really hard to see the chair in the back (yes it is a chair) because that area is rather small, but i will try to make it better!

EDIT: I remade it, you can even see the chair! enjoy!

Edited by Admiral Ron