Captain Green Hair

Does anybody else like Motorcycles around here?

Well, I still think that you are a little bit lucky...

I have had job from approx the same age as you, and never could afford something like R6.

1. Being careful yourself mean only 50%, you still have other car drivers that are not careful at all. That is the main problem.

2. Ok.

Very true, you always have to look out for the Cagers.

I'm sorry your not in as fortunate of a situation as myslef, I just feel I've worked hard for what I have. Hopefully things will start looking up for you, maybe a promotion, you gotta stay positive. Something I am guilty of failing at from time to time.

Do you have a bike at all?

Very true, you always have to look out for the Cagers.

I'm sorry your not in as fortunate of a situation as myslef, I just feel I've worked hard for what I have. Hopefully things will start looking up for you, maybe a promotion, you gotta stay positive. Something I am guilty of failing at from time to time.

Do you have a bike at all?

Of course, I am glad for you to be able to ride that beauty :thumbup:

Promotion, not likely...Here I need to change jobs every few months...at least for now while I study and work full time job, but at least I have one.

I wrote before that I have changed 6 bikes, been driving them for 10 years (now I am 24) right now I drive Elyseo scooter (don't laugh, please :classic: ). I was forced to sell my hardly earned RS125 :thumbdown:

Thanks for the good wishes, Cam!

Of course, I am glad for you to be able to ride that beauty :thumbup:

Promotion, not likely...Here I need to change jobs every few months...at least for now while I study and work full time job, but at least I have one.

I wrote before that I have changed 6 bikes, been driving them for 10 years (now I am 24) right now I drive Elyseo scooter (don't laugh, please :classic: ). I was forced to sell my hardly earned RS125 :thumbdown:

Thanks for the good wishes, Cam!

Hey thats cool, a bike is a bike. I actually wish I had a nice little scooter or 125cc bike for running small errands or just making short runs. Little bikes are fun because they are so light and easy to maneuver.

Keep riding, and keep the rubber side down!

Hey thats cool, a bike is a bike. I actually wish I had a nice little scooter or 125cc bike for running small errands or just making short runs. Little bikes are fun because they are so light and easy to maneuver.

Keep riding, and keep the rubber side down!

That's exactly what I am telling myself, when disappointed for not being able to purchase bigger cm3 motorcycle :classic:

Those scooter can really drive between parked cars or squeeze where bikes with bigger turning cycle can not.

Did you see this scooter:

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_front.jpg

It looks like Hayabusa + Burgman

My old Aprilia RS125 was great bike for its size, and had 37 BHP, which really pulled hard. Todays RS has restriction, limiting their power to 17 BHP.

I had installed smaller sprocket gear at the back wheel, so it accelerated even better! There were probably no 125 in the city which could outdrag me.

That's exactly what I am telling myself, when disappointed for not being able to purchase bigger cm3 motorcycle :classic:

Those scooter can really drive between parked cars or squeeze where bikes with bigger turning cycle can not.

Did you see this scooter:

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_front.jpg

It looks like Hayabusa + Burgman

My old Aprilia RS125 was great bike for its size, and had 37 BHP, which really pulled hard. Todays RS has restriction, limiting their power to 17 BHP.

I had installed smaller sprocket gear at the back wheel, so it accelerated even better! There were probably no 125 in the city which could outdrag me.

ha, that's a photoshopped GSX-R.

GSXR600K8_aBlue_1b4389.jpg

I'm 99% sure of it. I can tell becasue the exhaust is way too big for a scooter and it's the exact same size as the regular 600.

Plus there are no foot pegs and due to the photoshopping, there is no area to put your feet.

It's a great chop, but I'd put money on that not being real.

If I could get a 125cc, I'd get this, ironically what you had. Unfortunetaly I don't think they make them here in the U.S. Our 125cc selection consists of actual scooters or the Honda CBR 125cc. :sadnew:

aprilia-rs-125-lorenzo-rep-07.jpg

Edited by Big Cam

ha, that's a photoshopped GSX-R.

I'm 99% sure of it. I can tell becasue the exhaust is way too big for a scooter and it's the exact same size as the regular 600.

Plus there are no foot pegs and due to the photoshopping, there is no area to put your feet.

It's a great chop, but I'd put money on that not being real.

If I could get a 125cc, I'd get this. Unfortunetaly I don't think they make them herein the U.S. Our 125cc selection consists of actual scooters or the Honda CBR 125cc.

aprilia-rs-125-lorenzo-rep-07.jpg

You would probably lose your money :tongue: :

It is a Suzuki Burgman 400 concept

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_profile.jpg

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_rear.jpg

You would probably lose your money :tongue: :

It is a Suzuki Burgman 400 concept

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_profile.jpg

Suzuki_Burgman_Sport_rear.jpg

What the Crap!!!

Dang good thing I didn't actually bet. You should take me up next time you know I'm wrong :laugh:

I have a feeling that would never make it to the shores of the US and in my opinion it's fugly!

Now I see the foot rest area :blush:

I just got schooled.

Woah. That's my dreambike right there! :oh:

Think bigger!

Ths is my dreambike.

c1_07_sideL.jpg

The Motoczysz C1. Michael Czysz created almost all the parts from scratch, it is the thinnest bike in production and handles like no other due to the pistons rotating in opposite directions lind of like a boxer engine, only up and down. I saw a 2 hour documentary on it. (Insert drool smilie)

Now I love bikes, I have adored them and coveted them from afar for many a year. In fact, until last thursday I was going to get myself a nice little Honda and learn to ride until I have the experiance to get an easy riding Triumph in an epic shade of purple (that was the long term plan).

Um, then my colleague was knocked off his motorcycle by a van. About 200 yards from my house.

He is ok (if two broken wrists, swollen ankles and gravel rash from belt to boots is "ok") but it sort of hit home that its a little more dangerous than my daydreams. If you consider that he is the top side of six foot and somewhat heavy set and I am 5"5 and 11 stone... Well the maths doesn't work out well in my favour.

Alas, I must covet motorcycles from afar (It helps that my neighbour builds/repairs as a hobby).

You all have/want some very nice bikes, might I add :classic:

Cam, do not worry, I would never take your money, we can bet in your R6 :tongue:

That is a nice dreambike!

This is, among the others, my ultimate dreambike:

13828-2008-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

Edited by Milan

Those hayabusa's are crazy, I actually rode around with a guy who had a modified one and wow, its just ridiculously fast. I am personally not a fan og them though, because they are so big. I know with power comes size, but a 600 or even a litre bike is plenty big for me.

I've seen that tomahawk on tv shows before, that is insane. Just some bored dodge employees. Haha

There are some videos on YTube with Busa doing 380 km/h. It is madness.

Tomahawk has 8L engine. V10 :thumbup: straight from Viper!

500 hp. Capable of 480 km/h or more, never tested.

I do not know if it was permitted for selling.

There are some videos on YTube with Busa doing 380 km/h. It is madness.

Tomahawk has 8L engine. V10 :thumbup: straight from Viper!

500 hp. Capable of 480 km/h or more, never tested.

I do not know if it was permitted for selling.

That would megablocking scare the crap out of me, and i am not an easily scared person. :look:

Last time i was riding 165 km/h and that was pretty fast i thought. :laugh:

That would megablocking scare the crap out of me, and i am not an easily scared person. :look:

Same here, I would be scared poopless. :tongue: How would you even stay stable on a bike at those speeds? *huh*

Edited by prateek

Yeah those are awesome.

Did you know you can get a reproduction, show polished 100ci powerplus indian block? Costs only about 10.000 dollar, but hey then you've got something.

<snip>

Wow, that's nice. :oh: If only I had the bike to put it on, though. :laugh:
That would megablocking scare the crap out of me, and i am not an easily scared person.

It doesn't seem that fast in a car, or even a big truck, but you would feel like you're about to pass Flash Gordon on a bike that fast.

And Peppermint_M, I do agree that it is scary to see motorcycle accidents that involve friends. Just this summer, two people I know where pulling out of their neighborhood when a drunk cyclist slammed into the back of their car, completely totalling the entire car, leaving him scattered across the highway, the car in the salvage yard, and the two girls I know in the hospital. When I was around ten years old or so, my father and I were returning from a day out of town when we drove up to an accident that had happenned only a few seconds before. There, the motorcycle had two people on it and was driving up to a stoplight, when a car perpendicular to them continued driving and ran the light, leaving the man in the middle of the road and the woman at least forty feet across the road, laying in the ditch. We waited a while until both police and ambulances arrived, and noticed a pistol beside our truck. I still remember almost everything about that, but I love motorcycles even still. Why, you might ask? Because if you drive safe then you tend to come out alive and well, most of the time.

[sorry for rambling on, can't always help it. :blush: ]

Edited by booger540

Hi speed on the bikes are much more scarier than in cars. On bikes you feel everything: the wind, the road, even the engine between legs!

I was able to do aprox 200km/p on a bike, and its really great felling. Scary as hell, too!

Same here, I would be scared poopless. :tongue: How would you even stay stable on a bike at those speeds? *huh*

Riding the straight line hi speed is not a problem, cornering is a little scary. Falls are mostly happening while cornering.

Edited by Milan

I'm more of an ATV enthusiast then a motorcycle man even though I always enjoy sitting on or watching them thunder by. Harley's are one of my favorite sounds.

Hopefully I can get a new Pollaris 500 in the next year or so.

Right now I'm driving a 1988 Yamaha Big Bear :wub: (The engine still runs like new) I love my Big Bear but its a little out of date so I figure its time to get a new bike, I'll never ever, get rid of my beloved Bear :cry_happy::wub:

Um, then my colleague was knocked off his motorcycle by a van. About 200 yards from my house.

He is ok (if two broken wrists, swollen ankles and gravel rash from belt to boots is "ok") but it sort of hit home that its a little more dangerous than my daydreams. If you consider that he is the top side of six foot and somewhat heavy set and I am 5"5 and 11 stone... Well the maths doesn't work out well in my favour.

alas, I must covet motorcycles from afar (It helps that my neighbour builds/repairs as a hobby).

Don't let things like that deter you from buying your motorcycle. Bad things always happen no matter how safe it is.

Example, I fell of a perfectly safe ski-lift and managed to break an arm (Thankfully it was only an arm).

On another occasion, I had a friend killed in an ATV accident, but yet I still ride and work on bikes.

In most cases there is nothing to fear but fear itself. (That's my favorite saying)

Training wheels :pir-tongue::pir-laugh:

Edited by Ratshot

Training wheels :pir-tongue::pir-laugh:

I love motorcycle training wheels, they sway as you turn. They're pretty cool. I saw it on Popular Mechanics. :thumbup:

I love motorcycle training wheels, they sway as you turn. They're pretty cool. I saw it on Popular Mechanics. :thumbup:

Ok :look: I never knew that they even existed :tongue:

Popular Mechanics is a great mag. My dad has a subscription, so I always look forward to reading them when I go to his house :classic:

Since I really LOVE motorcycles, I have prepared small reviews of every bike I have had in the past 10 years or so.

I had a great time with each of them!

Tomos AUTOMATIC:

tomos-automatic-a-3-sl-49-cm3-slika-1069015.jpg

This is a Slovenian Model of a 50ccm "bicycle with engine"/ It weights only 45 kg, has 4.5L fuel tank Power: 2 hp. Max speed: 45 km/h

It has automatic 2 speed gearbox, and it is really easy to ride it.

What I like about it is its weight, maneuverability, and lots of chrome. I really took special care to all of the chrome parts, and it always shined.

When I got it, I weighted about 55 kg, so it was pretty nippy ride!

It has a small storage compartment beneth the seat.

Tuning: Polished all intake and exaust tunels, polished carb, sport exaust, final top speed 65 km/h!

But brakes were incapable to stop it safely.

Number of falls: 3

TOMOS APN 6:

111_1.jpg

Again the same Slovenian manufacturer.

This one have 4 speed manual gearbox, bigger and more robust frame, and it is more like dirt bike than city bike.

50ccm engine

48km/h

2.5 hp

When I got it, it was new experience for me because of the manual gearbox and clutch.

It was a nice opportunity to learn to ride bigger bikes later.

Tunning: replaced cylinder head with 60 ccm, added 5th gear(it has pre-built the neccesary space in factory), better exaust. new Top speed: over 60 km/h, and lots of fun in dirty hills.

Number of falls: 2

IZ PLANETA 350:

_4a8d20ded2663.jpg

This is a russian manufacturer of cars, motorcycles and weapons

IZ Planeta has 350 ccm engine capable of 135 km/h.

Power: 20 hp

Actually, this bike was new, at my attic, in parts for about 15 years, before I finally got my father to help me put it

together.

It was so big bike, weighted over 180 kg, I was just 70 kg then.

I had really nice fun riding it. Since they are so rare, in my city only 2 exist even today, it attracts many attention. Not to mention I took extra care of its chrome and red paint. I spent 5 days just polishing every single visible part!

It was very simple bike, with bulky parts and all was manual.

Tunning: Polished all of the intake, exaust tunnels, lowered the cylinder head for 2mm, increasing commpression.

After that it ride much better and sound was very nice!

Had to sold it!

nuber of falls: none

Aprilia RS 50:

rs50-01.jpg

My first quality bike

with only 50ccm it can produce 10 hp and reach 120 km/h

In my opinion these Aprilia bikes produced earlier had better shape then newer ones.

Older ones had bulkier, Kawa-like profile, while new ones has very thin and sharp angled bodies.

I ride it just for a few months. But it was a ride of my life.

Little rocket was really good accelerating and eye cathing. It looked kinda funny, because it looks big when you are at the disctance, but when you aproach it it is preety small.

I would not recommend it as a very first bike, because it has too much power. It can easily beat 90% of 125s bikes.

Tunning and crashes: none

Aprilia RS 125:

356.jpg

This is a hog.

I had 97 version, which looked the best, like slim Ninja.

AND it had 37 HP. It was joy to ride it. It was big enough, looked beautiful, and rode perfect.

Sound is like every two stroker- like a lawnmower.

My best bike ever.

Tunning: just reducing the size of the rear wheel sprocket gear, thus gaining on acceleration performance.

As I wrote before, I haven't meet enyone with better acceleration 125ccm bike in my city.

Falls: none

Peugeot Elyseo 50:

bd5573236777359213713.jpg

Little sad ending of this story is that I had to sell RS125, one year later, I purchased this elyseo with 500 km in taho.

I feel like I am betraying myself with automatic gearbox scooter.

But until new purchases, I have to settle with this one.

It is actually pretty nice.

It is 50 ccm, 6 hp, 65-80 km/h

Now I weight 92 kg, and it can carry me with ease, even with my 50 kg girlfriend at back seat.

Good thing are really big storage compartment beneath the seat, large enouugh for TWO full size helmets, simple riding, good front disk brake, low fuel consuption, great for the short town rides.

Bad...well it is a scooter.

My father had only one run with it and some Golf II guy cut his road, and my dad managed to avoid impact, but has crashed. The guy did not bother to stop. But people at the bus station came quicly and helped him.

I always wear full protection, so luckily I borrowed him full gear, still he was prety shaken, but fine.

So now my scooter is somewhat damaged, scratched and few panels are cracked.

It is still being used by me to go to the job and college, but it is nowhere that nice...

I am slowly repairing it, to be prepared for selling, for the sake of bigger ride, one day!

Mine was a 2006 Yamaha Road Star 1700. For those of you who don't know what it looks like:

2006_Yamaha_Road_Star_1700_motorcycle.jpg

It had pretty much the same color sceme. It had more black on it with some custom paint. I was about to get tons of (expensive) upgrades before it was stolen. :cry_sad:

Edited by JCC1004

I was about to get tons of (expensive) upgrades before it was stolen

What exactly happened?

My dad lost $750 worth of power tolls last Fall. I hate it when people steal, it's such a lowdown and dishonorable way to get through life :pir-sad::thumbdown:

Very nice reviews Milan, maybe I'll do something like that for all the bikes I have owned.