Sign in to follow this  
Ras 74

Eurobricks Event 2010 in Billund.

We will go by ferry from GBG to Fredrikshamn and back.

We have not decided anything on when to leave from GBG. But we are heading back late on the Sunday.

@ Quarry: Good that you make plans with your fellow "Lusekofte" friends this year, because our car will be full.

We can discuss further when we will leave Gothenburg if it will be so that you will go with Stena as well.

Than we can all join the roadtrip.

...because our car will be full.

Darn, I was going to ask if I could go with you but I didn't think you would have filled the car so quickly :tongue:

Guess I'll have to come up with another option.

Sooo, Freddie, Quarry and DNL: How would you feel about another traveller companion? :grin:

If you have a seat left I'm interested.

I can catch up in Gothenburg if you decide to go that way, or Oslo if your going another way :wink:

Darn, I was going to ask if I could go with you but I didn't think you would have filled the car so quickly :tongue:
I saved a seat for you buddy :grin:

But as I know, we are 5 persons (including you) going from GBG. I really hope I can borrow the car from the company where I work.

It is the same bus I had to Fagersta. We will be able to load pretty well in that one.

But it could be good to have a back-up plan with the Oslo delegation.

Been doing some quick checks now. As far as I can see crossing to Hirtshals or Fredrikshavn leaves us with just about the same amount of driving in Denmark (275 km vs 271 km according to Google Maps), so that is not a relevant factor in my opinion. Don't see the point of sailing all the way down to Copenhagen really. Stena Line from Oslo to Fredrikshavn seems to take 12 hours, so I think that one's out of the question (I'd rather arrive at the Legoland village a bit late Wednesday evening than having to get up way too early in Fredrikshavn Thursday morning :wink:)

That leaves us with two options the way I see it, either driving down to Gothenburg and join up with the swedes there (4 hours driving to Gothenburg, 3 hours 15 minutes ferry), or driving to Larvik (2 hours driving) and take the ferry to Hirtshals (3 hours 45 minutes ferry).

The major problem for me is of course how many days I can take off from work, I really should be there at least part of the day the 21st, but even taking the Gothenburg route this is doable.

But it could be good to have a back-up plan with the Oslo delegation.

I assume you're leaving Gothenburg some time in the afternoon the 21st? Either with the ferry that leaves at 16:00 or the one that leaves at 18:30?

I think we might go on the Wednesday. The two different times you got on the wednesday it will be (16 or 18:30).

If you go the same way as we do from GBG we will have no problems with going 8 persons and bring loads of LEGO.

As for going home I guess we will take the ferry going from Fredrikshamn at 20:00.

It would be really sweet if you joined up with us in GBG guys!

I will talk to all that will join me and see what they think about the times on the wednesday. I´ll be back!

I don't see why we can't have you with us in the car

Great!

On wednesday i'll probably be free from 11.00 AM, so anytime afer that would be fine with me. And i prefer the cheapest ferry of course, i think the shortest and cheapest possibility is to take the ferry from Larvik, it only takes a few hours and it's not expensive.

Let me calculate:

5 people in the Swede's car, another 3 coming from Norway plus the traditional 2 from Denmark

- wow -

that's going to be quite a big Viking group next year... :oh:

... but nothing I couldn't handle. :tongue:

Let me calculate:

5 people in the Swede's car, another 3 coming from Norway plus the traditional 2 from Denmark

- wow -

That's going to be quite a big Viking group next year... :oh:

... but nothing I couldn't handle. :tongue:

One is not a Swede though :wink:

You forgot Roadwalker, Dennimator and his sister as well :wink:

We will dominate that event.

If we book the ferry early from GBG and choose the cheapest it will be less than 1200 SKR (about 60 NKR, right).

Pretty good deal I think.

that's going to be quite a big Viking group next year...
One is not a Swede though :wink:

You forgot Roadwalker, Dennimator and his sister as well :wink:

We will dominate that event.

If we book the ferry early from GBG and choose the cheapest it will be less than 1200 SKR (about 60 NKR, right).

Pretty good deal I think.

And one isn't a real Norwegian either :wink: (I'm Dutch)

And one isn't a real Norwegian either :wink: (I'm Dutch)

Then you're part of the "Benelux-whatever team" :tongue:

On wednesday i'll probably be free from 11.00 AM, so anytime afer that would be fine with me. And i prefer the cheapest ferry of course, i think the shortest and cheapest possibility is to take the ferry from Larvik, it only takes a few hours and it's not expensive.

Yeah, I think so too, a "økonomi-bilpakke" Larvik-Hirtshals-Larvik costs only 1190 NOK, and driving to Larvik doesn't take long either.

Then you're part of the "Benelux-whatever team" :tongue:

hmmm... ok... this is... a sensitive subject... be veeeeeery careful what you're saying now... :tongue:

i seem to remember, btw, this viking firefightiing team... you know, these four huuuuge people from somewhere up north claiming to be the masters of the firefighting game in the entire universe and beyond, winning and winning against all the best that the world could bring up. Those Vikings sure is the best ever!!

Yeah, I think so too, a "økonomi-bilpakke" Larvik-Hirtshals-Larvik costs only 1190 NOK, and driving to Larvik doesn't take long either.
So are you thinking about going from Norway then?
i seem to remember, btw, this viking firefightiing team... you know, these four huuuuge people from somewhere up north claiming to be the masters of the firefighting game in the entire universe and beyond, winning and winning against all the best that the world could bring up. Those Vikings sure is the best ever!!
I dont get what you mean Sne. That is just the truth you are writing :tongue:

So are you thinking about going from Norway then?

Well, it is the cheapest and easiest at least. But I haven't talked to Freddie yet, so we'll see. Either way, we'll be there, and that's the important part.

I can't wait for the event to start :classic:

Maybe Holodoc could already start a countdown thread :laugh:

I can't wait for the event to start :classic:

So can't I! :cry_happy:

Maybe Holodoc could already start a countdown thread :laugh:

Errrr - starting with 131? *huh*

You

must

be

kidding.

I won't do the minifig-countdown again. :tongue:

You

must

be

kidding.

*Makes Jedi Mind Trick*

You will do the minifig-countdown... starting from 130. :grin:

You

must

be

kidding.

You can start by counting months, then when we get closer you can switch to counting weeks, and then finally count down days. Sounds good, eh? :laugh:

Well, it is the cheapest and easiest at least. But I haven't talked to Freddie yet, so we'll see. Either way, we'll be there, and that's the important part.

Only at first glance - the Göteborg - Frederikshavn ferry is cheaper (1190 SEK) and travels at far more comfortable times (as in, not at night!) compared to the SuperSpeeds. But, I will have to take a closer look at this - the car costs money too, see.

Holodoc - start with the weeks; you'll be surprised at how few of those there are left. :wink::grin:

You

must

be

kidding.

But you are our count-down-guy!!

Only at first glance - the Göteborg - Frederikshavn ferry is cheaper (1190 SEK) and travels at far more comfortable times (as in, not at night!) compared to the SuperSpeeds. But, I will have to take a closer look at this - the car costs money too, see.

Well, a superspeed that leaves at 17:30 from Larvik would be quite nice for the trip to Billund, then we'd arrive there at around 00:30 unless I'm mistaken.

However, there's no suitable superspeed for the return trip, it's either leave Billund at 8 in the morning on Sunday or arrive in Oslo in the middle of night between Sunday and Monday. So that's something of a problem. And I suspect that going from Larvik one way will cost about the same as a return trip. (okay, checked, 850,- one way, not worth it)

And I can live with spending a few hundred NOKs more on gas (that is, travelling via Gothenburg) if it means leaving Billund at a more suitable time, the only ferry from Gothenburg to Fredrikshavn that's worth considering leaves Gothenburg at 18:30 Wednesday, and then we're in Billund at about the same time as if we'd taken the SuperSpeed from Larvik at 17:30 I think. This plan does have the problem of not spending as much time at work on Wednesday though, but I think I might get away with that.

Checked a bit more now, ferry from Fredrikshavn at 14:00 on Sunday isn't that much better than ferry from Hirtshals at 12:45 on Sunday, unless there's something important I'm missing here? Admittedly that's 1 hour 15 minutes more of sleep on Sunday, but that's just about it, nothing else to gain from what I can see. The other alternatives both mean arriving in Oslo in the middle of the night either way, which I really want to avoid if possible.

The sunday will pretty much be going home day. There will be a few that have some distance to travel that day.

I´d say we will go down with the Ferry that leaves at 16:00 on the wednesday. That will make us be in Billund at 22:00 something.

Going home with the 14:00 ferry will make us be in GBG at 17:15 on sunday.

If you will go from GBG with the later ferry on Wednesday you will arrive at midnight, and we will meet you there.

Going home with the same ferry as us on sunday (when we might have some LEGO to carry as well) could be useful with two cars going in

the same direction so we can devide persons and LEGO. Arriving in GBG at 17:15, then 3 houers ride to Oslo will bring you there around 20:00-20:30.

How does this sounds to the Norwegian delegation?

The sunday will pretty much be going home day. There will be a few that have some distance to travel that day.

I´d say we will go down with the Ferry that leaves at 16:00 on the wednesday. That will make us be in Billund at 22:00 something.

Going home with the 14:00 ferry will make us be in GBG at 17:15 on sunday.

If you will go from GBG with the later ferry on Wednesday you will arrive at midnight, and we will meet you there.

Going home with the same ferry as us on sunday (when we might have some LEGO to carry as well) could be useful with two cars going in

the same direction so we can devide persons and LEGO. Arriving in GBG at 17:15, then 3 houers ride to Oslo will bring you there around 20:00-20:30.

How does this sounds to the Norwegian delegation?

It sounds better. Would love to be able to leave Billund a bit later than 10:00 on Sunday, but that's life I guess, and going via Gothenburg lets us leave Billund the latest. As for 16:00 or 18:30 from Gothenburg on Wednesday I guess it's pretty much the same really as I'd have to leave work early anyway. A lot more fun if we all meet up on the ferry too :laugh:

Freddie, DNL: what say you? Is Gothenburg the way to go?

Gothenburg definetly sounds like the way to go. Its a bonus if we can leave with the 16.00-ferry as well.

Good my Norwegian friends!

I will talk to the ones going in "my" car how to solv it as well.