Naah fast builder I'm not. :wink::blush:

This have taken me 2 days to do and is not ready yet... (as always I found out that I've missed some parts... how is it possible?)

Well not the whole world, just off to BL and order them! :classic:

Have been thinking of building a bucket with bricks instead, something like this maybe http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5823955

Absolutely, your T2 hauling this on your blue lowboy will be awesome!!! Looking forward to build it! (might just have started... who knows?) :laugh:

I am working on a Schwarzmuller 4-axle low loader, which will be pulled by... this:

03.jpg

I really love your models M Longer! You should defenetively team up more with Blakbird so there will be more instructions for amateurs like myself! ;)

I really love your models M Longer! You should defenetively team up more with Blakbird so there will be more instructions for amateurs like myself! ;)

I will start making LDD models after I finish buliding that low loader trailer, I promise ;)

PLEASE make instructions for this truck, or let one of the well know LDD or Ldraw geniuses make them.

perhaps with the new bigger bucket it would even look better.more badass as the bucket now is a bit tiny.

But with the new and bigger bucket it should look awesome!!!

One last thing, yes a bigger bucket would be nice, this one is some sort of small

Well...

dsc02624.jpg

dsc02627.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc02633.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc02637.jpg_thumb.jpg

After seeing Volvo set in action I wanted its bucket. Now I have it, and I tried to mount it on L580. Unfortunatelly, it will not work, due to middle LA length. So it is just placed on the arm, only for making those pictures.

I have two options now - rebuild half of the model, or make a new loader with that bigger bucket. I will take second option.

Probably this one:

4566-1.jpg

Why don't you try changing the linkage on the middle LA?

It will not work, because when fully extended its end was above the smaller bucket. Volvo bucket is higher, so LA can't retract fully.

To bad, because it looks awesome! A new loader is a great idea, and why not a Volvo? This bucket Volvo-ish after all...

Yes, but 42030 set is built in ~1,22 scale. Even L580 does not fit 1:17 scale (but it's close to it). I wanted to build my own 350F, but even with this new large bucket it can't be made in the same scale (1:17) as my trucks. For example, Volvo L250 built in 1:17 scale requires wheels that have 11cm in diameter. I am looking for loaders that will fit perfectly to scale. Or maybe it's a bad idea?

Edited by M_longer

Yes, but 42030 set is built in ~1,22 scale. Even L580 does not fit 1:17 scale (but it's close to it). I wanted to build my own 350F, but even with this new large bucket it can't be made in the same scale (1:17) as my trucks. For example, Volvo L250 built in 1:17 scale requires wheels that have 11cm in diameter. I am looking for loaders that will fit perfectly to scale. Or maybe it's a bad idea?

No I don't think it is a bad idea at all! What you are looking for is a loader with a relatively large bucket I guess. So you can still use the wheels available and also the 42030 bucket.

Just a thought, I can imagine that for example loaders to move wood chips have a rather large bucket. This because the load ain't that heavy, but I don't know if this does make any sense...again just a thought. I wish you good luck with it and I want you to know that I have plans on building a loader too. Which or when I don't know, but it really is attractive to build one some day!

Maybe Efferman can design al larger bucket for the L580?

The one use in the original is just a bit smal.

Maybe he can design one fitting the scale, it would look cooler.

Hi everyone,

I bought the instructions on mocplans and building a copy of Marek´s Liebherr and Ingmar´s Truck as well (as many others do I guess)

............. and a friend will build a matching lowloader. But I think it will take until October (still some Lego parts missing).......

The Volvo bucket looks too big on the Liebherr L580........... so you have to build another even more impressive Loader :-)

Cheers

Edited by Fremantle33

The Volvo bucket looks too big on the Liebherr L580........... so you have to build another even more impressive Loader :-)

I know, it will look better on a Volvo loader ;)

Thanks for your interest in this model and in one of my trucks! Have fun and share us some pictures when you have them finished...

.......will do as soon as the models are finished.

Here is a video of a Kenworth - Trailer - Combo that I like. (Trailer with long drawbar for jackknifing when unloading) ......... it is very common in Australia. Maybe a inspiration for someone´s next project.

Here is a picture of the Non-Lego parts............................( effermans custom wheel covers )

Hi citizen, I really would need those custom wheel covers for my copy of the Loader as well

Have some spare?

Cheers

Edited by Blakbird
: Removed large quoted images.

Hi citizen, I really would need those custom wheel covers for my copy of the Loader as well

Have some spare?

Those are custom made at Shapeways (3D printed) and designed by Efferman. You can order as many as you like.

Hello Marek,

Have you got any idea of when you are going to start with that Caterpillar loader?

And making instructions for it?

Because if it is in ready for MOC plans in the first few months of next year, I won't be buing the TLC loader.

The front end is to skinny and I do not like the Servo steering.

If your loader is nicer, I will build that one.

I will also try to buy the instructions from the Liebherr and will defenetly be building that one

Just a quick question about the Volvo bucket, would it help the LA if the rack is removed??

Edited by Dafgek81

Hello Marek,

Have you got any idea of when you are going to start with that Caterpillar loader?

And making instructions for it?

Because if it is in ready for MOC plans in the first few months of next year, I won't be buing the TLC loader.

The front end is to skinny and I do not like the Servo steering.

If your loader is nicer, I will build that one.

I will also try to buy the instructions from the Liebherr and will defenetly be building that one

Just a quick question about the Volvo bucket, would it help the LA if the rack is removed??

Caterpillar? Not. Volvo? Oh yes :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=c5Tzn0ePL6Q

It is still a WIP though, I am waiting for stickers from 42030 set. Built in five days, no idea how many time it will take to make LDD version of it. I have few models almost ready for presentation, but literally no time for taking pictures of them with sunlight. And I hate taking pictures and recording movies with lamps.

I did not tried to rebuild L580 to fit Volvo bucket, as I said earlier, I built different loader, built straightly to work with that bucket.

Removing bracket from LA will not change anything, whole front needs heavy rebuilt, including changing configuration of axles driving the LAs and arm/pivot points.

That looks really cool. i can't believe you built it in 5 days, but I think if you ever make instructions, I'll buy it instead of 42030. Looking forward to the final result