SlyOwl

PTVII: Creative Critic

Creative Critic

2918665207_82152f7451.jpg

Classic-Pirates runs this challenge to promote good, constructive feedback and discussion about entries.

• What do I do?
  • First, you need to express an interest in participating, by posting in this thread. You don't have to build anything: just the time and effort required.
  • Then, evaluate what you like and dislike about a contest entry and relay the information objectively to the builder. The important point is to express honest opinions in a helpful manner, whether good or bad. If you can do that creatively at the same time, you just might have what it takes to win the fabulous prize.
  • The best Creative Critics will provide ongoing feedback, so it's not necessarily a "critique once and then wait until contest's end to receive your result". Find ways to continually provide feedback and you'll have a definite advantage.
  • Go the extra mile. Providing reference pictures/links (either Lego or otherwise) as a clarification/explanation would be an example of taking that extra step to help the builder improve their MOC.
  • A high post count alone will not assist you in winning the Creative Critic award and excessive, short, or unhelpful posts may result in disqualification. If your idea of a good comment is: "That MOC looks awesome", you may find yourself in a spot of bother. Quality first, then quantity.
    How will it be judged?
    The staff will assess the Creative Critic Award on the following criteria:
  • The usefulness of the information provided.
  • The professionalism in which the information is conveyed.
  • Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation (we will be lenient if English is your second language)
  • The volume of quality creative criticism you provide.

This should prove interesting... You can count me in!

Can I put my name down here, even if I'm not sure I'll have the time necessary? I think I will, though I'm unsure.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can.

Can I put my name down here, even if I'm not sure I'll have the time necessary? I think I will, though I'm unsure.

Yep, no harm in trying it out. :pir-classic:

I'll give it a go.

I seriously need to brush up on my spelling and grammar, so I figure this is a great way to get motivated :jollyroger:

Greetings! If it is possible, I would like to join this competition to help people make their future MOCs better by giving them constructive criticism and to grasp a better understanding of competitions held by Classic-Pirates! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Bricknave