Sign in to follow this  
GRogall

Lego 7996

traintech1.jpg

I was wandering if this piece or set is getting discontinued?

7996-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

1 The price has been reduced in the US S@H to $12.49. 50%

2 The German S@H, Lego Stores and catalog doesn't show this item any more.

3 and a local reseller sold me 4 for €20 and said its no longer available!

if any one knows more please let us know.

Edited by TheBrickster

Well it's not on sale for Australians... but it isn't available anymore either. :cry_sad: I'm not surprised though. This would have been an expensive experiment, and I suspect it was a failure. I love the part, but I have only one, and I bought it half price. I wanted it, but it seemed rather expensive to me, and since it was being stocked in a store with no other train parts, I knew the chance of it going on sale was high... :blush:

The Italian June-December catalog doesn't list that piece. There are only 7895 and 7896 (plus the two trains, of course).

(I just checked, this daring piece wasn't available in the Jan-Mat catalog either).

there are still a few on eBay.

Not anymore in the Finnish catalog either. The "set" or piece was actually quite interesting and certainly useful for large trains layout, but too specialized for the mass market.

I heard the rumour of this track piece being discontinued, but I don´t recall where it was exactly. :look:

Nevertheless it was the reason for me to buy 2 of those immediately. :grin:

I also haven´t seen them anywhere ever since.

Does anyone know if engines like the Emerald Night or others with bigger wheels and long base run through these switches OK. I am looking out for a cheap one at the moment but they are a fortune on Bricklink.

Does anyone know if engines like the Emerald Night or others with bigger wheels and long base run through these switches OK. I am looking out for a cheap one at the moment but they are a fortune on Bricklink.

I have an Emerald Night, and it runs through this piece fine. If your worried about long based engines going through this part, I have a 38 stud long engine that goes through it even easier than the Emerald Night. (Granted,it does overhang a little.) I hope this information helps.

Problem with it that it has limited switching possibilities:

I mean, one might one to have two trains running in the same direction and not switch from the left to the right track and that is not possible without modifications.

I have a bunch of them fortunately.

Problem with it that it has limited switching possibilities:

I mean, one might one to have two trains running in the same direction and not switch from the left to the right track and that is not possible without modifications.

Have you modified any to work this way? I have 7 of them and this is the only thing that really bothers me about them.

I wish Lego would reissue it. I was lucky to get a pair at a toy store in the area for $25 a piece. Now the cheapest one for sale on Bricklink is $40!

The direction issues don't bother me so much. They're perfect for running double track mainlines. Leave everything set up for opposing trains to run through, and it'll direct any trains running 'wrong main' back to the proper track by default.

Edited by Rustie86

I don't tend to run double tracks, just single track around my city, although at stations and cargo areas this piece would be really useful :sceptic:

Hope LEGO re-issue this, and maybe also a £5/$7.50 Set containing 8 straight tracks/8 curved tracks/24 flexible tracks :thumbup:

The direction issues don't bother me so much. They're perfect for running double track mainlines. Leave everything set up for opposing trains to run through, and it'll direct any trains running 'wrong main' back to the proper track by default.

I do the same thing. Real life "safe-working" is set up the like this too.

Very useful piece. Glad I picked up several of them.

:classic: :classic: