Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

'Behind The Helm' - please tell us what you think!

behind_the_helm_small.png

Ahoy mateys, it be time fer another 'Behind The Helm'! But this time we're doing things differently - we're trying out a new format and having an audio interview rather than a text one. So if we can get yer feedback on it, that'd be gold as we want to know what ye think for future episodes.

Joining me again today is Tom "Bonaparte" Jacobs, Eurobricks Root Admin and Classic-Pirates.com LEGO Ambassador to talk about Classic-Pirates.com's new contest, Pillage the Village II! Giving us plenty of details and an insight into the history of the new contest, Tom was a great ginuea pig for the new audio version of 'Behind The Helm'. Let us know what ye think! :pir-classic:

To listen to 'Behind The Helm' Episode #9 ~ Pillage the Village II, please click here.

To download this episode to your computer, right click and "Save Target As..." on this link.

Yargh, enjoy everyone!

Now this is a huge step forward, I really like this! Great work. :thumbup:

The voices are clear, and it is much more informative then a text interview. I think we should repeat this in the future. :pir-wub:

Is it possible to make some kind of slideshow with it? With some pictures from famous MOCs or something like that, with the interview voices as soundtrack? It would make it even more interesting.

Again, nice job! :thumbup:

I think that this is a great idea and really love it great job. :pir-sweet:

Is it possible to make some kind of slideshow with it? With some pictures from famous MOCs or something like that, with the interview voices as soundtrack? It would make it even more interesting.

I agree, mabey some pictures of his latest works or something. :pir-grin:

Shouldn't it be in the pirates section? not in Moc ? well anyway, that's a great interview ! the sound is really good, looks like you did it with skype ( maybe that's it XD )

Even for a French guy like me that have difficulties with understanding English when it's not written, that's still easily understandable. great job :thumbup:

I think it was with Skype, Zuloo told me he was talking with Bonaparte via Skype just before this interview was posted. :pir-wink:

I was surprised of myself how much I did understand from this interview, and I'm just a humble Dutchman. :pir-laugh:

I think it was with Skype, Zuloo told me he was talking with Bonaparte via Skype just before this interview was posted. :pir-wink:

I was surprised of myself how much I did understand from this interview, and I'm just a humble Dutchman. :pir-laugh:

Skype is correct! I was indeed talking to Bonaparte Skype to Skype when this was recorded, and the intention is to use Skype in future episodes - Skype to Skype where possible and Skype to phone if need be. (Skype offers very reasonable rates)

So we should continue in audio format? If so we might see if we can register an iTunes podcast for ease of downloading. :pir-classic:

The only problems could be that it's harder to understand for people that are not so good in English and not everyone has the right programs (like Skype) to give an interview. For the rest I personally think it would be a great idea :pir-classic:

The only problems could be that it's harder to understand for people that are not so good in English

Which is why we are asking for feedback. The more feedback you offer, the better we can tailor to your needs.

and not everyone has the right programs (like Skype) to give an interview.

Skype is good in that it can call ordinary phones (for a small fee), so I see no possibility why someone wouldn't be contactable. :pir-classic:

Why not do both? :pir-classic: Some people might not want to be heard.. Like me. :pir_laugh2: Keep the Voice, And the text. :thumbup:

Why not do both? :pir-classic: Some people might not want to be heard.. Like me. :pir_laugh2: Keep the Voice, And the text. :thumbup:

Might be a little too time consuming though. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I mean, Write it out like you have been doing for people who don't want to have their voice heard, and do the Voice Chat for everyone else.. I don't know if you thought I was talking about subtitles or something.. xD A video chat would be cool to. just sayin. ;P

A video chat would be cool but lets start little here people!!! Hehe!

I thought the audio was awesome! It was easy to understand that Aussie twang.

But for those who are less fluent in English maybe having it written (transcribed afterward) would be helpful as well.

That would be time consuming though.

Maybe some one or some ones could volunteer to do it for you???

Are you volunteering? :pir-tongue:

Hmmm.... :pir-look: um... okay??? :pir-blush:

I'll Volunteer to.. :pir-classic: Got new headphones.. so I can block out all outside sounds and focus on the pure horrid voices of EB members.. :pir_laugh2: Just joking about the horrid part.. Or am I?? :pir-look: So.. yea.. I'll be around if you need me. :thumbup:

I'll Volunteer to.. :pir-classic: Got new headphones.. so I can block out all outside sounds and focus on the pure horrid voices of EB members.. :pir_laugh2: Just joking about the horrid part.. Or am I?? :pir-look: So.. yea.. I'll be around if you need me. :thumbup:

I'll discuss it with the others, but we already have two... :pir-sceptic: But thanks for the offer, and I'll get back to you! :pir-classic:

This is actually a very cool format because its nice to hear what everyone sounds like. When you are online, you assume everyone sounds like you!

I love it Zuloo! As for the transcripts, I personally would take the audio file over a huge text file any day...

Now, I must admit, this is the first "Behind the Helm" I've ever listened to, and I was thinking that perhaps you might want to decide on a limit of the interviews - should they last 5 or 10 minutes? You be the judge, after all it is you guys who know just how much info you want to put out there. Perhaps a bit of audio editing could also help there!

I agree there were a few ums and arrrrrr!s, :pir_laugh2: but it was the first episode, come on! :pir-classic: I recorded Episode #10 which is to be released on Saturday, and I can garuntee you it is a lot better. :pir-wink:

As for the time, I don't think we should have a set time, I think we would run better just going for however long there is something interesting to talk about. I have a list of questions in front of me, and however long it takes to answer them is how long the interview goes.