Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Durnovaria

th_thindexedgif.gif 93b

Durnovaria, a port of the Dumnonian coastline. This is the 3rd part of my coastline project which joins onto my previous models. It didnt turn out how i visioned at first, and i lost patience with it and began another model. But i went back to it a few weeks ago and made a few changes and what you now see is the result. Enjoy :pir-classic:

3943848415_ccf24d3030.jpg

3943904597_320bb31153.jpg

3943866149_9e11916201.jpg

3944638284_2ecd25ac8a.jpg

3944651260_304bc4c142.jpg

3943882877_4e4496943e.jpg

3943878057_d1e6ce3af2.jpg

3943899143_2a18d863ce.jpg

3943852627_71db25539e.jpg

3944688302_35e4b03259.jpg

We told about the masts of the ship already, so I don't have to mention that anymore :pir-classic: For the rest this is truely a magnificent MOC. Full of details and a lot of good-looking minifig's. Good job, I like it :pir-sweet:

Oh and btw, where did you get those strange names from? :classic:

Edited by Admiral Green Buns

This is just beautiful. I would like to live there! You are really good at building elevation changes into your ports. It brings so much realism into the overall design. The details are just fantastic. The way you have staged the figures is excellent. Lots of activity and various mini-scenes going on. It looks just right. This is one I will come back to again and again for inspiration. You are a Pirate MOC Expert.

Great work! I love all the detailing, height differences, little scenes in all corners of the setup, color combos, ...

Great work! I love all the detailing, height differences, little scenes in all corners of the setup, color combos, ...

Nothing to add! This is a very nice port, a lot of details. And it looks like every building has another tale to tell...

Great job! And I'm looking forward to your coastline project! :thumbup:

Dude, I can feel my fingers getting sore just looking at all those round plates you put on those roads :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic work! the sheer amount of details is staggering...

Very cool creation. I like all the details and the multi-level of the houses.

You get the feeling of this type of harbours, congrats!

Great work Derfel Cardarn! Frontpage material as usual.

When you say "which joins onto my previous models." does that mean you have the others built and you will be putting them all together at some stage?

Very nice. You deserve your MOC tag.

I love the pebble stone streets and the wooden tower with the fire on top. brillaint. i live the crooked wood pieces holding it together. not to mention the shear size of it all. That's alot of bricks. very impressive.

Love love love! :wub:

I love the beautiful houses, I love the lush landscaping, I love the beacon, I love the plentiful minifigs, and I especially love all the lovely studs that so many other people are afraid to use!

If there's one thing I would add, it would be something to make the MOC extra special. Now it is beautiful and masterfully built, but the overall theme is quite ordinary - it's just a bustling harbor town, really. Can you think of anything that would really make it stand out?

Anyway, great work! Love and envy coming from this direction! :grin:

Excellent work indeed. The round 1X1s look much better than I imagined. There's a good chance I'm going to pirate that idea... :jollyroger:

This is very inspirational.

Something that were seeing more and more is the use of 1x1 studs for street bricks. They look great :thumbup:

The buildings are very historically accurate.

Very well done Derfel Cardarn :classic:

Edited by Ratshot

This is really superb work! I'm very impressed with how real this coastal town looks. I love all the details you've put into this.

I'd love to see some bigger pics (like 800x600) so I can take a better look.

Please Derfel, do give us some more hi-res pics of this project... it is absolutely stunning, there's not much more I can say! Been dreaming of creating my own Pirate diorama one day and this serves as a huge source of inspiration!

The entire moc is amazing. I really like the use of tile for the shore line and your beach is the best one I have every seen. Truly a wonderful moc!

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback. I do have a few more pics that i hope to put on my mocpages. As for the coastline project, yes i do still have chapel rock and steeple brink assembled which join on to this one to make the coastline. Now obviously you cant have port next to port, so i have also been building cliffs, coves and small beaches in between. Most of these are just landscapes, but a few have got their own little scenes going on, so i will probably post them when i have time. I still have a few more mocs left to make for the coastline amongst others, and a couple of secret projects! Cant give nothing away on those, lets just say, you aint seen nothing yet! :pir_laugh2: Thanks again for the comments, and to the staff for keeping this site up and running. Great job guys!

Awesome! That's what I call a great project!

If I was able to build something like that, I don't have even the room for such large things! :pir-sing:

Very nice. I like how you did the landscaping (not my strong suite to say the least) and you did a great job with putting things at different levels and angles.

The detail is excellent- and though I LOVE tan and rown as the color choices for your houses- have you considered adding some other "main" house colors as well?

Overall it is quite excellent!

Im really new to this site, but am I the only one who was really stunned by the beauty of the ship? Ofcourse the coastline itself is beautiful, but the ship really looks like a realistic vessel of the imperial age. Simply great!

Got anymore pictures of it?

Im really new to this site, but am I the only one who was really stunned by the beauty of the ship? Ofcourse the coastline itself is beautiful, but the ship really looks like a realistic vessel of the imperial age. Simply great!

Got anymore pictures of it?

That's one of the first things that I noticed, the ship is amazing, just like the town! :thumbup:

This is one amazing port! I love all the buildings and the colors you chose. The texture of the stone buildings looks absolutely brilliant. I would love to see all of you ports together. I can't wait to see your "secret projects" too.