Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

The Crimson Wolf

th_thindexedgif.gif 88a

A few pics of a small ship from my upcoming port. The Crimson Wolf, defender of the port. Should be posting more pics with the finished port in the next couple of days :pir-classic:

3941753044_15284c40a8.jpg

3941691048_73ca93a12d.jpg

3940975169_d68a3cb4b1.jpg

I really like this vessel! The tumblehome is fantastic, and I like the decorated gunports.

The stern looks great as well, I like the round shape of it.

But I'm missing the ropes!

I saw these on Flickr and was wondering if they'd be accompanying the port at all. Separately I think both models will probably be superb, but putting them together in one scene is surely going to be epic.

Can't wait for the finals!

A few pics of a small ship from my upcoming port. The Crimson Wolf, defender of the port.

Yeah, that sure is a tiny ship :pir-wink: Nice work, I like the color scheme and like Blackmoor said the gunports are a nice touch. I just can't stand seeing those rigging pieces like that...

Thanks for the comments . I call it a small ship because it only has 10 cannons and would look pretty wimpy compared to some of the heavily gunned ships on here. As regarding the rigging, i agree that it could look better if done propperly. Ive never really been much of a ship builder and lack the skills to make realistic rigging, i'll leave ht to the pro's like CGH :pir-classic: . She was only built as an extra to go with the port.

Nice ship! The shape of the hull is perfect, nothing to add to that (I also like the brown tiles). Indeed the rigging could use some improvement, but since it's only an 'extra' to the port it will do just fine. :pir-classic:

She's quite the beauty! The work you must have put in on angling really paid off; the tumblehold is excellent, especially when accompanied by those unique gunports. Your port will, undoubtedly, be just as well-built!

WOW, that's very nice, it reminded me at first of the BSB ship which I have but then I notice it looks bigger and much better detail.

I can't wait to see this MOC.

Edited by Big Cam

I really like this ship. It looks really great, and you've added a lot of great ideas. One of the best I've seen, especially because you haven't tried to over-design the ship.

The thing that I can't stop looking at though, are the four brown plastic riggings. They looked like they are almost cramped in there. They are rounded almost. Perhaps you should raise the masts a tiny bit, so the boat riggings will straighten out?

This is VERRRRYYYYY nice.

First off, your color scheme is wonderful.

Second, Its not often that we see a ship that has a tiled deck, Something that really catches my eye :thumbup:

And lasts, your details are great, such as the swords on the back of the ship and the little cargo plank on the side.

You did a great job :classic: I love this ship :pir-wub:

That's a very nice ship, good colour scheme and plenty of small detail to enjoy. :thumbup:

The only thing i don't like is the big rigging pieces, which look squeezed in there and don't run up all the way to the top of the mast.

I do like the brick build sails, nice touch!

That's a very nice ship, good colour scheme and plenty of small detail to enjoy. :thumbup:

The only thing i don't like is the big rigging pieces, which look squeezed in there and don't run up all the way to the top of the mast.

I do like the brick build sails, nice touch!

Thanks cap, i had forgoten about this ship, it feels quite old now, and she wasn't assembled for long as i needed to use the pieces. I agree about the rigging, hopefully i'll get round to building a ship like one of yours with realistic rigging and sails. But im more of a land-based mocer, so i dont know when i'll attempt another ship.