Sign in to follow this  
Joey Lock

How to build masts with limited plates?

I have nearly finished the HMS Unicorn, And Its quite big. So I need big sails. And I used up all my long Black Plates on my HMS Unicorn. So I decided to use Tubes as "Sail Hangers" (The Vertical mast part). And I don't have enough of these: 4623.png

So what alternatives could I use to connect something through the hole in the traditional Mast Piece that won't look to big?

Hoping for a quick response cause Im hoping to complete the builld tonight. :thumbup:

The bottom of a 1 x 1 tap piece connected to the top of a 1 x 1 brick with studs on two or four sides, so that you can feed the flex tube through it. The 'tap' can then go into the mast piece.

There are quite some solutions for this issue, but the result won't be that great. It will be too flimsy and it will look like flimsy as well.

The diametres of the yard didn't differ from the diameter of the mast that much.

I'm afraid you have to extend the deadline, and buying some of those highly recommended black plates since those bricks are simply the best for yards.

Rick's way is quite ingenious, but since there is some weight on it, (the sails) the tap will stick too far in the mastpiece. That will cause the sails are flapping around and are not secured that good to the mastpieces.

Since you are building a very nice ship, please watch out not to hurry. It would be a waste if you had build a high quality hull with a quick finished rigging on it.

Please spend some good time on the rigging to get the top result.

I hope that might help. :pir-wink:

Good luck!

There are quite some solutions for this issue, but the result won't be that great. It will be too flimsy and it will look like flimsy as well.

The diametres of the yard didn't differ from the diameter of the mast that much.

I'm afraid you have to extend the deadline, and buying some of those highly recommended black plates since those bricks are simply the best for yards.

Rick's way is quite ingenious, but since there is some weight on it, (the sails) the tap will stick too far in the mastpiece. That will cause the sails are flapping around and are not secured that good to the mastpieces.

Since you are building a very nice ship, please watch out not to hurry. It would be a waste if you had build a high quality hull with a quick finished rigging on it.

Please spend some good time on the rigging to get the top result.

I hope that might help. :pir-wink:

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I found a few extra of those hanger pieces and some Inverted 1x4 handle pieces so I have total of 15-16 yards.

And when I said finish it by tonight, I meant the constuction, It will be a few days till I finish the Rigging and Sails since I have to go out and get string and cloth. Also I need to print decals for my crew.

My dad recommened I send some photos to the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and say "I made a Lego HMS Victory" although its the Unicorn and see if they post it on there website! :pir_laugh2: Or, If they want me to donate it to the museum. Mannn That would be awesome...Everyone could come see it! Or I could send some Pictures to Lego and see if they like it. My dad wants everyone to see this and how long I spent on it, But I don't think the companies would bother to much :pir-grin:

Thanks guys. I found a few extra of those hanger pieces and some Inverted 1x4 handle pieces so I have total of 15-16 yards.

And when I said finish it by tonight, I meant the constuction, It will be a few days till I finish the Rigging and Sails since I have to go out and get string and cloth. Also I need to print decals for my crew.

My dad recommened I send some photos to the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and say "I made a Lego HMS Victory" although its the Unicorn and see if they post it on there website! :pir_laugh2: Or, If they want me to donate it to the museum. Mannn That would be awesome...Everyone could come see it! Or I could send some Pictures to Lego and see if they like it. My dad wants everyone to see this and how long I spent on it, But I don't think the companies would bother to much :pir-grin:

Why would you give away your LEGO?

Why would you give away your LEGO?

I meant like Donate it for about a Month or a year. I would prefer to have hundreds of people appreaciating my Lego in a Glass case in the Portsmouth Historical Dockyard or Chatham Dockyard than to have it sitting in my home getting dusty. :thumbup: