Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystical Castle - Day 2

00day2.jpg

A certain quiet fell over the castle, until, around midnight, a disturbance was heard upstairs. Somebody was on the move.

01day2.jpg

02day2.jpg

Leaving the room, the Sorcerer made its way down the stairs.

03day2.jpg

The Wizard was also out for a stroll, and happened to be going upstairs. They passed each other, nodding cheerfully.

04day2.jpg

"Evening."

"Evening."

Suddenly, they stopped.

05day2.jpg

Realizing who they had just passed, the two quickly turned back to face each other, bringing forth fire in preparation for a fight.

06day2.jpg

"I've been looking for you", said the sorcerer. "I shall deal with you now to save the trouble later."

"I think you'll find me a little harder to deal with than that", replied the Wizard.

07day2.jpg

Just as they were about to launch into deadly conflict, someone came running out of the hall.

08day2.jpg

09day2.jpg

"There you are! I've been looking for you!" exclaimed the person, and grabbed the Sorcerer by the arm. "I wanted to talk about today, wasn't it awful? I think..."

The person continued chatting as it lead the Sorcerer away, leaving the Wizard alone in the foyer.

11day2.jpg

"How very odd", the Wizard pondered, before going back to its business.

12day2.jpg

13day2.jpg

14day2.jpg

Later that night, two figures strolled into the Grand Hall.

15day2.jpg

"...and so I said, Potatoes! How awful! Truly horrific I heard. Anyway-"

"This is very interesting, but I really must be going", the sorcerer cut in. "Perhaps we can meet again tomorrow."

16day2.jpg

"Oh all right then, see you later."

The person wandered off, watched by the Sorcerer with some relief.

17day2.jpg

"Well, I'm glad that person's gone", the Sorcerer muttered, while a black figure crept up unseen.

18day2.jpg

"I wonder what's for breakfast?"

19day2.jpg

20day2.jpg

"Anyway, off to bed I guess."

21day2.jpg

The Sorcerer left, leaving a frustrated assassin growling in the Grand Hall...

22day2.jpg

In the morning, the people gathered together again in the Grand Hall, ready for another day of the Dragon Hunt. The King had just brought them sorrowful news however, for he had been informed by his executioner that the dear maid Ethel had been discovered to be a simple loyal Citizen. Unfortunately, she had already been executed. What a pity. Discussion began to filter through the hall...

23day2.jpg

Rules of Play

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.

- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.

Characters and Players

ralf.jpg Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman

juliana.jpg Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice

hugh.jpg Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang

simon.jpg Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone

sirion.jpg Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows

margaret.jpg Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs

peter.jpg Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois

victor.jpg Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man

rohesia.jpg Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy

beatrice.jpg Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher

thomas.jpg Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon

william.jpg Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley

richard.jpg Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker

agnes.jpg Agnes (Maid) played by Striker

nicholas.jpg Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick

francis.jpg Francis the Friar played by Svelte

geoffrey.jpg Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate

edward.jpg Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx

gilbert.jpg Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz

walter.jpg Chef Walter played by JimButcher

The Deceased

ethel.jpg Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1

Well we made it through a night without anyone dying, except of course Ethel. I'm sad she was a citizen but glad her mouth is shut forever. Did anyone find out anything last night?

Ah, at least we made it through the night without losing anyone, that gives me hope for the future. I'm confident we'll find and dispose of these "dragons" standing in the way of progress. Like fools they cling to their old and failing traditions, refusing to accept that cooperation and unity is the way of the future.

And I'm sad to hear that Ethel was loyal, but really, with all her noise she really wasn't helping us find anything at all, clouding our judgment and in general just being annoying. Let's all be a bit more calm today, okay? :classic:

As for learning anything during the night; afraid not, I've not been granted powers like that.

Phew, were all here. Well except Ethel, ofcourse. I'm sad to here your votes ended up killing an innocent, though as peole have previously stated before me, we shoul be a little more organised today!

Good Morning Everyone! :classic:

It's nice to see everyone survived, but does anyone have any stories they wish to share that happened to them last night? Chef Walters, are you going to cook something good today, I didn't like those pop-tarts that you had yesterday.

Hello everyone! :classic:

Phew! It's a relief to know that no one died, which also means, I don't have to clean up any bodies. :sweet:

So, can I get anything for anyone?

A good morning to you all!

I'm afraid I slept like a log through the night as well, although the condemnation of poor Ethel haunts me, especially after hearing she was innocent all along. She had quite a mouth, that young woman, but she always did as she was told, as did the vanished Betta. Now only Agnes remains of the maids, so I hope you'll excuse her for not tending to everyone's requests instantly.

I apologize that I can't help you any more than this, but I am most interested in hearing what other people might have seen or heard during the night. The fact that we are all still alive is proof enough that the Dragons' further plans were foiled. We might not be as lucky next time, so we have to be prepared.

Now only Agnes remains of the maids, so I hope you'll excuse her for not tending to everyone's requests instantly.

Thank you, Lady Papelion. It'll be hard, but I'm sure Peter can help me out at times. :wub:

Phew, no one died last night. Let's hope it stays that way so that the Dragons can't kill us.

It'll be hard, but I'm sure Peter can help me out at times. :wub:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the Dragons got in. Peter was "Taken" by you, and the Dragons just walked by him "Unnoticed". :hmpf:

Hmm, that was interesting.

Good Morning Everyone! :classic:

It's nice to see everyone survived, but does anyone have any stories they wish to share that happened to them last night? Chef Walters, are you going to cook something good today, I didn't like those pop-tarts that you had yesterday.

Morning. :classic: Breakfast today includes omelets and a slice of juicy ham, with freshly squeezed orange juice to drink.

You're always so curious about breakfast, I like that. :sweet:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the Dragons got in. Peter was "Taken" by you, and the Dragons just walked by him "Unnoticed". :hmpf:

Peter's a servant, not a guard, Richard. :hmpf:

Good morning everyone. It's a shame Ethel was loyal, but she was possessed by the devil and at least now her soul is free and we are free from her shrill annoying devil babbling.

It's a shame about Ethel, but someone had to die to protect us from a Sudden Death Round. What should we do now. We've had an interesdting night, are there any leads? did anyone show uyp late this morning?

did anyone show uyp late this morning?

I don't want to accuse anyone, but I noticed that both the Admiral and Peter arrived later than the rest of us to the throne room. I can't say if that means anything, though.

And rumor goes that there was talk of potatoes last night. Can you perhaps shed some light on that, Chef Walters? Since you hold reign over potatoes and other foodstuffs here in the castle.

I don't want to accuse anyone, but I noticed that both the Admiral and Peter arrived later than the rest of us to the throne room. I can't say if that means anything, though.

And rumor goes that there was talk of potatoes last night. Can you perhaps shed some light on that, Chef Walters? Since you hold reign over potatoes and other foodstuffs here in the castle.

That may be a reference to a previus game... of life. A character in another castle was crushed to death under a potatoe cart! My ally and I have discussed it, and we have come to relieze that it means nothing! Give it no heed.

Pity Ethel was a loyal nutjob as opposed to scum. Well, it'll be quieter around here at least.

So what did we learn? This was a very educational night if we look at it carefully. It seems obvious that there is a sorcerer and a wizard and the two are enemies.

"I've been looking for you", said the sorcerer. "I shall deal with you now to save the trouble later."

"I think you'll find me a little harder to deal with than that", replied the Wizard.

That means that the wizard is on our side and the sorcerer wants to do harm.

Taken a step further, one of you performed a night action on the sorcerer and dragged him away before there could be a battle.

"There you are! I've been looking for you!" exclaimed the person, and grabbed the Sorcerer by the arm. "I wanted to talk about today, wasn't it awful? I think..."

The person continued chatting as it lead the Sorcerer away, leaving the Wizard alone in the foyer.

If that person will identify the sorcerer, we can deal with him as a group and stop the evil at it's source. If I had to guess, it was a blocker who randomly chose the sorcerer and effectively saved the life of the wizard.

It also seems that some form of assassin targeted the sorcerer but was unable to make the kill. They may be protected by magic, but at least you should know who it is, if you can get the word out carefully.

This is vitally important. The sorcerer is very likely the most powerful scum in the castle and stopping them early could prevent more loyal deaths. One of you must step forward if we are to stop this evil.

Well, this is quite interesting. It's funny that you bring that up, becuase I happen to know who both the wizard and the sorcerer, and no, not becuase I'm the investigator, but through logic. I will not reveal who either of you are, but it seems you are on different sides, which means either my contact is lying, or the wizard is in fact evil, counter to what Sirion just said.

Now, which one of you to trust? Or should I just put both of you out in the open, see who the Dragons kill off, and then we vote off whoever the Dragons don't kill becuase they'll be on the Dragon's side. The problem with that technique is that we lose someone also...

You magic folk have put me in a tough spot... what to do, what to do. Any ideas magic folk? Already one of you is my ally, would the other one like to contact me as well? It seems strange that my ally may be lying to me, I so trusted them.

Pity Ethel was a loyal nutjob as opposed to scum. Well, it'll be quieter around here at least.

So what did we learn? This was a very educational night if we look at it carefully. It seems obvious that there is a sorcerer and a wizard and the two are enemies.

That means that the wizard is on our side and the sorcerer wants to do harm.

Taken a step further, one of you performed a night action on the sorcerer and dragged him away before there could be a battle.

If that person will identify the sorcerer, we can deal with him as a group and stop the evil at it's source. If I had to guess, it was a blocker who randomly chose the sorcerer and effectively saved the life of the wizard.

It also seems that some form of assassin targeted the sorcerer but was unable to make the kill. They may be protected by magic, but at least you should know who it is, if you can get the word out carefully.

This is vitally important. The sorcerer is very likely the most powerful scum in the castle and stopping them early could prevent more loyal deaths. One of you must step forward if we are to stop this evil.

Well said Ambassador. It is indeed sad that Ethel was a citizen (though somewhat annoying), now we need to focus on the task of tracking down these Scum. Most troubling is this very powerful Sorcerer and Wizard walking around the grounds at night. I wonder if the wizards name could be Majisto from a previous game....of life?

The Sorcerer is indeed powerful to repel an assassin. Good luck getting the assassin to mention who the target is! Though if you are listening assassin, perhaps you could leave us a clue or something :devil: The most important thing however that I don't quite understand Amb Vipont, is why you believe the Sorcerer could be the worst scum, when it looks like another scum was trying to kill him/her.

Here is another fact for you all to ponder too. The words Sorcerer and Wizard were used. This would indicate that the Sorcerer is most likely a male, otherwise they would be a sorceress. Would a female wizard still be called a wizard? wizardess? Though they could be very powerful and able to transform their appearance too. I'm off to the library to see if I have any old scrolls or books on flushing out Magical powers, perhaps the good chef has some garlic too, maybe that will flush out the vampires magicians.

Maybe this 'blocker could mention the identity of the Sorcerer, Wizard or Assassin and we can get some leads then.

Did anyone happen to be out and about last night investigating anything?

Well, this is quite interesting. It's funny that you bring that up, becuase I happen to know who both the wizard and the sorcerer, and no, not becuase I'm the investigator, but through logic. I will not reveal who either of you are, but it seems you are on different sides, which means either my contact is lying, or the wizard is in fact evil, counter to what Sirion just said.

Now, which one of you to trust? Or should I just put both of you out in the open, see who the Dragons kill off, and then we vote off whoever the Dragons don't kill becuase they'll be on the Dragon's side. The problem with that technique is that we lose someone also...

You magic folk have put me in a tough spot... what to do, what to do. Any ideas magic folk? Already one of you is my ally, would the other one like to contact me as well? It seems strange that my ally may be lying to me, I so trusted them.

I'm confused, are you the investigator or the ally of one? You seem to contradict yourself :wacko:

It's funny that you bring that up, becuase I happen to know who both the wizard and the sorcerer, and no, not becuase I'm the investigator, but through logic.

My, that's a very bold statement to make this early in the game, and I doubt your "ally" will appreciate it much, either. You'd have to have some amazing logical skills if you can deduce their identities with no clues!

Now, which one of you to trust? Or should I just put both of you out in the open, see who the Dragons kill off, and then we vote off whoever the Dragons don't kill becuase they'll be on the Dragon's side.

Are you sure you are in the position to call the shots like that, my dear Lady Beatrice? That puts a great big target on your back, if you indeed are opposing the Dragons.

But by all means, now that you've spilled the beans, why not spill the whole stew? Pray tell us your knowledge about these spellcasters, and leave the judging to the crowd.

Becuase I can't do that. It would not be fair to the spellcasters, especailly the one that has trusted me and that I believe. I can say that I think the sorcerer is good, and thaty I've talked to him and he has given me quite enough evidence that I think he is on the right side. However, I want to let the iwzard also defend himself.

I'll try to help you all as much as I can. Here is teh situation as I've peiced it together.

Wizard is evil.

Sorcerer is good, and is trying to kill the wizard.

Sorcerer is stopped some how. A role blocker?

Killer, same side as wizard, attacks the Sorcerer.

This is all on the word of the Sorcerer of course. The other possible chain of events is as follows.

Wizard is good.

Sorcerer is evil, and is trying to kill the wizard.

Sorcerer is stopped some how. A role blocker?

Vigilante, same side as Wizard, attacks the Sorcerer.

Now, I lean to the first one only becuase I currently trust the Sorcerer. If the wizard proves himself to be loyal, then the second situation is true.

Think over that, and then tell me if I should reveal what I know.

You magic folk have put me in a tough spot... what to do, what to do. Any ideas magic folk? Already one of you is my ally

At this stage, the only people who can be absolutely sure about each other are the conspirators who are looking to destroy us, therefore anyone who has contacted you at this point either knows you are one of them, or knows you aren't and are looking to deceive you.

Consider that carefully.

As of right now, I have no way to know who to trust, which should be the case for most of us. Why would it be different for this person?

would the other one like to contact me as well? It seems strange that my ally may be lying to me, I so trusted them.

Since you claim to know who both are, why don't you make contact and report your findings. You may be doing a great service to the Alliance.

The most important thing however that I don't quite understand Amb Vipont, is why you believe the Sorcerer could be the worst scum, when it looks like another scum was trying to kill him/her.

An assassin isn't necessarily scum if they are trying to destroy evil, and I have strong reason to believe that the sorcerer is evil.

Here is another fact for you all to ponder too. The words Sorcerer and Wizard were used.

Let's look at that more closely. Traditionally, as you know from your reading, a sorcerer is always evil, while a wizard may or may not be evil. Despite current beliefs, magic, in and of itself, is not evil, but sorcery is by it's very definition.

In a showdown between the two, it is obvious that the sorcerer is the evil one. It doesn't automatically make the wizard our friend, but right now, it makes them an unknown, which is still better than a definite enemy. Ultimately, both may be bad, but at the very least, I think we know that the sorcerer is the more immediate concern.

This would indicate that the Sorcerer is most likely a male, otherwise they would be a sorceress. Would a female wizard still be called a wizard? wizardess?

Sounds like reasonable logic indicating that both are male, but as you say, they might be able to change their form or they could identify each other right now and be done with the speculation.

I have just contacted the wizard.

I in fact contacted the sorcerer due to some information I gained last night, and they led me to the wizard, since they targeted them last night. And no, I'm not the investigator, but I am a light sleeper and can hear some events during the night if the King wills me to.

The reason I do not pulish my finds and let the crowd decide, dear Lady, is that one of these magic folk are on OUR side. If I give them away, then the good one as well as the bad one dies. So that's why I'm not going al lthe way with spilling the beans. I will tell you how I reached my decision of who is evil when I have reached it, and you can tell me if you do or do not agree with that. If the one that I end of thinking is evil is good, than we can kill the other one.

Thank you, Lady Papelion. It'll be hard, but I'm sure Peter can help me out at times. :wub:

*yawns & stretches* sure thing my lovely. :wub:

Excuse me?! I'm no castle guard but I'm not the village idiot. :hmpf:

Also I for one actually support the treaty. I'm sick of all the fighting!

Peter's a servant, not a guard, Richard. :hmpf:

At this stage, the only people who can be absolutely sure about each other are the conspirators who are looking to destroy us, therefore anyone who has contacted you at this point either knows you are one of them, or knows you aren't and are looking to deceive you.

Consider that carefully.

I doubt he has figured it out by himself. And if he got help then like you said Ambassador they're probable Dragons. :sceptic:

Sorry to my ally, but the wizard forced my hand.

The sorcerer is my husband. He left last night, and I confronted him. He told me that he was an investigator, but after more talking he said that was a lie, and he was the loyal killer. He targeted Sirion. I believed him, though perhaps I should not have.

So, we are left with Sirion as the Wizard, and my husband as the sorcerer. It is your choice what you do with this information, but I strongly trust my husband.

So, we are left with Sirion as the Wizard, and my husband as the sorcerer. It is your choice what you do with this information, but I strongly trust my husband.

Wait, what? Why should we believe you? Did anyone investigate either Ambassador Vipont or Lord Harcourt last night? What were the results? Please, share this with us.