1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

gallery_6705_157_17796.png

I sought out this set on Ebay because it was and still is the only way to get Tusken Raiders.

BASIC INFORMATION:

Set Name: Tusken Raider Encounter

Set Number: 7113

Number of Pieces: 90 LEGO box, 90 Peeron, 93 Brickset, 82 Bricklink

Minifigs: 3

Price: $10 USD

Theme: Star Wars

Year Released: 2002

RESOURCES:

Peeron

Bricklink

Brickset

flickr (High res pics available here)

THE REVIEW:

The Box: I bought mine off of Ebay so luckily the box is still in good condition, it has a nice scene of Anakin flying by some Tusken Raiders with his lightsaber out and ready for battle. Although this exact scene never happened in the movie, (IE: he snuck into the camp on foot), it displays the set nicely.

Front:

3921716536_c6a03f5136.jpg

Clearly shows what you get, Anakin, two Tusken Raiders, speeder, and vaporators (or so I call them). Although there are 3 pictured, you only get one. I think LEGO did alright having them so far off in the background.

Side:

3921716596_86617c6594.jpg

Nice profile of the minifigs included in the old style as opposed to the new full body shots

Back:

3921716684_fc8bb3c59e.jpg

Shows some alternate models you can build as well as a real life shot of Anakin for comparison.

Instructions:

Front:

3921718316_55c1f0d107.jpg

It contains the same image as the box, nothing too fancy.

Back:

3921716764_a4cf01c4c6.jpg

Showing Yoda on his old IBM checking out the new models at www.LEGO.com/starwars

Random page:

3920933941_2f476ccf83.jpg

Showing construction of Anakins speeder.

Contents:

3921717110_04310c9e58.jpg

All the pieces minus the minifigs. 90 pieces, 93 pieces, 82 pieces? Depends who you ask.

Printed pieces:

3921717166_be787cc952.jpg

I really like this piece, it's part of the vaporator but it reminds me of a piece that would make sense on a bacta tank. No stickers in this set!

Minifig's:

Cape Box 42928:

3921716914_1b8c92b49c.jpg

For the record cape box 42928 contains a single brown jedi cape for Anakin.

Front:

3921716964_fe21f2312a.jpg

The Tuskens are awesome, and probably the main reason anyone bought this set. It is the only set to ever offer Tusken Raiders. Also Anakin has a unique torso with his Jedi braid, and a nice chrome lightsaber hilt which are almost completely now extinct. In the picture I only show one gun, but both Tuskens have one, they are black and the typical LEGO rifle that you might remember from any of the old Pirate sets.

Back:

3921718188_31afb3bb07.jpg

The two Tusken Raiders have nice back printing, which nicely compliments their front printing. Nothing under the cape for Anakin.

Ships/Stuff:

Vaporator:

3921717356_1f416a09e1.jpg

The Vaporator is just in the set to add parts but it's a nice little piece. It doesn't really interact with the set but it's great for background material. Also if you bought more than one of these sets like I would have loved to for the Tuskens, then you'd have a Vaporator field.

3921717418_7cf1da9134.jpg

It opens up and shows you the inner working which consists of the sweet printed tank and some lights. No real purpose but it gives you something to do. Again, a number of these would make a good Vig setup.

Anakins Speeder

Front

3920934627_97cc814573.jpg

Anakins speeder is presented in brilliant red. It's a little fragile with the front plates being held on by only one stud. Even with that downfall, it's a nice speeder.

Back

3920934703_e5aaea884c.jpg

Very functional looking, I like the flap on the back. It just makes the back of the speeder flow nicely.

The Complete Set:

3921717738_e0e692809e.jpg

The Tuskens scare easily!

3920934825_4102c51e1b.jpg

They are also great shots, with their long range rifles.

3921717914_56c5d2639f.jpg

Anakin jumps off his speeder and confronts the clumsy Tuskens.

3920935217_31b2597a91.jpg

Needless to say, Anakin makes short work of the Tusken Raiders who hurt him in a way no Sith ever could.

3921717810_eb0efe1b76.jpg

On to the next gigantic mistake I'm going to make in my Jedi career.

3921718096_14450bb223.jpg

The complete set in all of it's glory.

3921717206_3d45e611e1.jpg

Extra pieces are very few and far between. Just 4 with this set.

Totals:

Design: 9/10 The speeder looks great in my opinion, and the minifigs are great. The vaporator isn't neccessary but it adds to the scene and makes sense.

Parts: 8/10 Nothing too super special, but the printed flat 2x2 tank is nice and I personally like the rods used to make the speeder. All in all, nothing super valuable, but the red is a nice color.

Build: 7/10 Easily done in 5 minutes, not challenging at all, but that must be worth something, you'll be playing in no time.

Minifig's: 10/10 The minifig's are priceless to me since they are so limited, these aren't like clones where everyone has a bunch. For the price, a Jedi and two Tuskens is totally worth it.

Playability: 9/10 The set is straight out of the movie and is easy to set up your favorite scene. There are not alot of moving parts or interactive parts, so it doesn't get a perfect score.

Price: 10/10 For ten dollars, you can't beat two Tuskens and a Jedi. I know the standard is four fig's for ten dollars, but with the Turskens being so rare and even back in 2002, they were cool, and only available in this set. It gets a perfect score from me.

Total: 53/60 I consider this the battle pack of the early years. If I was collecting back then, I would have bought at least twenty of these. The fig's are great for the price, it is the only set that offers Tusken Raiders, and the speeder is pretty cool. It has some nice red pieces which my collection is missing, so it scores pretty high with me. Let me know what you think!

Another AMAIZING review Big Cam :thumbup: . Wow, your pics are really, really good :thumbup: , keep the good work. This set is maybe the one I must want of eBay at the moment, I have found a lot of cheap ones but for some reason I just donĀ“t get to buy them at all. After reading your review... I WANT IT EVEN MORE ><!!!!!

Another AMAIZING review Big Cam :thumbup: . Wow, your pics are really, really good :thumbup: , keep the good work. This set is maybe the one I must want of eBay at the moment, I have found a lot of cheap ones but for some reason I just donĀ“t get to buy them at all. After reading your review... I WANT IT EVEN MORE ><!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words. I must give some credit to the Reviewers Academy, they know their stuff. Expect many more Star Wars reviews form me in the future.

Great great review.

Also must comment on the good quality of your pics. Other then that, not much to say ;)

It is simply an example in my opinon how a review should be done. A schoolbook example.

I really loved this set when it was released. A good speeder, good minifigs... just a great small set.

Very informative review. Excellent photography too. Either I need to take some photo lessons or I need a better camera because my Lego photos just don't come out this well.

This is a set that I missed out on and I really want it but didn't want to fork out the ebay/Bricklink prices plus postage to NZ. After reading your review and seeing some of the features you just don't see from the box I'm thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and get it.

Edited by Fumoffu

A good review of a good set, the only one with Tuskens which have become very popular figures. If Lego produces another set with Tusken Raiders, I wonder if they'll have the same design or if Lego will redesign them. Hopefully we get an answer to that question. :wink:

Nice review Big Cam.

Love this little set- well the Tuskens anyways :wink:

Remember seeing loads of these sets on clearance years ago- really wish i'd picked up more of them.

Nice review Big Cam.

Love this little set- well the Tuskens anyways :wink:

Remember seeing loads of these sets on clearance years ago- really wish i'd picked up more of them.

Thank you, given what we all know now, if I could go back in time, I'd be buying at least 10 of almost every set.

I know this is a bit of an old topic, but I have to reply to it. Thanks at first for your very nice review, great pictures, and great action in them! You capture the feel of actually playing with them, not just putting them in the shelf to collect dust. Good job, keep on doing it!

The set is one of my favorites, if not my favorite PT set. (Closely followed by the new N-1, Obi-Wans Fighter from E2 and the new Arc170 perhaps) What makes it so special is the detail put into a small set, the Tusken minifig, Anakin (who is amazing with his cape, all the dark colours), the vaporisator with lots of useful elements and good use for any Tatooine setting, and the speeder bike. The speeder bike is I think the best bike Lego has ever designed. Better than the Endor or CW ones, perhaps also cause of the cool original, with the front lowered it just looks cool and mean. The parts are so useful for any Space-MOC, cause I really have not that many dark red parts, and these come in handy pretty often.

Besides this the set should get some attention, as it was (if I remember it right) one of the last smaller sets for a very long time, that was actually useful.

It is pretty much fun also, to drive the bike around, to play with the Tuskens and just feel the vibe of the twin suns going down. If you like Tatooine, you should get it. If you are a hardcore OT fan, this is your entrance ticket to the nice figs and models of the PT, also. And as a sidenote I have to admit, that I really like E2, the music and visuals are amazing, the whole tension is very well made. Best E2 set, and my favorite PT set. Don't underrate or overlook this!

Awesome review, especially with your decent photography skills :thumbup:

My brother bought this set years back for Ā£3, and I've had a decent play with it. Those Tusken Raiders are to die for :cry_happy:

I know this is a bit of an old topic, but I have to reply to it. Thanks at first for your very nice review, great pictures, and great action in them! You capture the feel of actually playing with them, not just putting them in the shelf to collect dust. Good job, keep on doing it!

Wow, thank you very much :wub:, I see the sets all the time since I own them, I do the reviews for the EB members, so positive feedback like this is always appriciated

My brother bought this set years back for Ā£3, and I've had a decent play with it. Those Tusken Raiders are to die for :cry_happy:

lol, thanks?

I really want lego to release another set with new tuskens. I like how they used the pirate guns for the tuskens they look a lot better than the old blasters.

Great review Big Cam!

Good revieuw, I totaly agrea.

One of the best Star Wars sets, cool minifigs, cool bike and the small diorama piece is good and usefull aswell. And most important, a cheap set (years ago).

Haha, funny you mention that, I have like 50 now. This is a great set, and beleive it or not I never got it!! My collection came from hard devotion, not at all from this set.

Another excellent review Big Cam! :thumbup:

The pics as usual are Perfect! :thumbup:

This set was a very nice one, the parts and figs are Great!

I wish lego would do cheap sets again. :cry_sad:

CommanderFox

Great review 'Big Cam' ! :sweet:

You are right the Tusken Raiders really make the set thats for sure. :grin:

The speeder too is very cool, must have by adjusted or pimped by it's Jedi owner. :grin:

Anyway thanks for the review - now I might want to hunt one of these sets down. :classic:

Sweet, old thread revival. Thank you for all your kind words on my review!

Check my sig for more, and there will be more to come.

Wow all of Big Cam's reviews from like three months back have all been reinjuvinated :wacko: . But on topic ever since I saw this set 2 years ago I've always wished that I "got into" collecting lego a few years earlier :sadnew: .

Nice review - possibly my favorite of your reviews, Big Cam - and indeed a great set. This was among the first sets I picked up when Star Wars pulled me out of my dark ages and back into LEGO, and even though I was then and am now still more interested in the original trilogy than the prequel era (including CW), I wound up getting an awful lot of the Episode II sets, including four copies of this one. Even as I was doing so I, too, assumed there'd eventually be other sets with sandpeople sometime, yet here we are eight years down the road, and nothing. I'm very glad now I didn't focus solely on getting OT sets, but tried to grab as much of everything as I could.

Wow all of Big Cam's reviews from like three months back have all been reinjuvinated :wacko: . But on topic ever since I saw this set 2 years ago I've always wished that I "got into" collecting lego a few years earlier :sadnew: .

I see that. Nerd Commander felt like bumping a few of them, and I can't complain, I love getting comments on my reviews. The first 9 reviews I did are all from my student days in the academy, so they are all from Sept/Oct 09. There's more in my sig if your interested.