Sign in to follow this  
Cale

TTCE: Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train Set

ENTERED

Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train

In celebration of the United States Bicentennial in 1976 many railroads painted equipment in special Bicentennial colors. The Norfolk & Western Railway wasn�€™t content with painting just a locomotive and maybe a caboose like some railroads. The N&W went the extra mile and painted an EMD SD45, an H-12 class hopper, a 40ft semi trailer, and a C18 class caboose.

Since I'm part of the RailBricks staff I'm not eligible as an official entry but I'd like to throw this in for fun as a "staff entry" for category one.

3932597503_3288d840d1.jpg

The full N&W Bicentennial set can be found on my Flickr Gallery.

SD45 #1776

3933383636_c801aea313.jpg

C18 class caboose #1776

3933412316_f5db77c1a9.jpg

40ft Trailers and Bethlehem 89ft� Flush-Deck Flat Car

3933395042_1c5d189ebb.jpg

H-12 class hopper #1776

3933408606_96a36a6973.jpg

Cale

Edited by TheBrickster

Wow, thank goodness ye aren't eligable for the contest! Else all the other entries would fail terribly!

I love the colours, that is a truly American train. Well done, and I'll be voting for you even though it is pointless. Keep up the great work man. :classic:

Cale: this is a winning entry in my opinion - simply beautiful. The colors look so clean and neat.

As a kid, I had an HO scale railroad display that I received as a gift. The engine was a red, white, and blue diesel locomotive called the "Spirit of St. Louis". This creation reminds me of it so much.

Your decals are fantastic. I absolutely love the caboose and the hopper. The trailers are equally impressive. Overall, this is just a terrific MOC. Truly excellent! :wub:

EDIT: If only it could take the Classic Mining/Logging Train. :laugh:

Wow, thank goodness ye aren't eligable for the contest! Else all the other entries would fail terribly!

I love the colours, that is a truly American train. Well done, and I'll be voting for you even though it is pointless. Keep up the great work man. :classic:

Cale: this is a winning entry in my opinion - simply beautiful. The colors look so clean and neat.

As a kid, I had an HO scale railroad display that I received as a gift. The engine was a red, white, and blue diesel locomotive called the "Spirit of St. Louis". This creation reminds me of it so much.

Your decals are fantastic. I absolutely love the caboose and the hopper. The trailers are equally impressive. Overall, this is just a terrific MOC. Truly excellent! :wub:

Thanks Guys. I'm not sure if the N&W ever gather the entire set together in one train like this but they do go well together.

Cale

Great combo. I must say the colorscheme looks really good on the H12, a real impressive wagon this is. On the train and the caboose it just looks a bit less good, but I must say the whole combination is very nice.

I also do like the large trailer. Wow, I am gonna try how this one runs on my rail track ...

awesome creation overall

exceptionally awesome how the SD45 looks so clean even with that monster of a prime mover in it

the caboose is of course top notch with the interior

wonderful job