Sign in to follow this  
cagri

TTCE: End Of The Road

Great entry !!!

Fantasic little scene you have put together, I love all details you managed to sqeeze into a limited area. :tongue:

Thanks :) But I was completely inspired by the TTCE Category 3 MOCs of Gambort & Cale. I put mien together after seeing their roofs.

Really nice, i like the combination of the old shed and the modern environment.

This one would fit in every town, even a town without a train.

Great setting :thumbup:

Excellent entry! It looks pretty detailed with a clean look. I'm generally not so fond of the slightly variations in shades of dark red, but you've managed to use it very well here! It gives the roof a realistic and detailed look. The scenery looks also good, nice trees and electric poles.

Hooray for building on angles!!!

That rubish bin looks remarkably like an old Decauville dump car ;-)

- BMW

I think this one of the best building entries so far. I especially like the picnic and the red roof. Overall this is very realistic looking.

Great work Cagri! I totally :wub: this MOC. The offset of the house and the track are both fantastic and really add to the realism of this MOC as others have mentioned. I would be interested to see photos documenting how you secured the house and track to the base at those angles. I can only assume turntables and tiles? :classic: Overall, great work here. I love the general idea of the MOC being "what happens at the end of the line".

Oh...and I've blogged this on Classic-Town.net. Great work and good luck in the contest! :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thanks Dave & others. I really appreciate your comments and being blogged rocks! I have been asked about this securing issue many times. Actually the hosue and the railway is secured unlike many people thought at the first glance. The house stands on two 1x1 plates used on facing corners and two jumper plates used somewher in the middle where they fit. The railway is also secured with two 1x1 round plates on facing corners and three jumper plates in the middle. The roof on the other hand is a little problematic. The two side plates are connected together at 90 degrees with modified bricks* and plates. They stay loose (but safe) on the top of the building. The building was completely built of 1x2/1x1 plates so I had the opportunity to use cheese sloeps for the roof angle. They make sure the roof stays put on the proper angle. The round bricks on the top, unfortunately, aren't connected to anything. Thank god we have gravity! I'll try to take pics this weekend but no promises, I may not find time for additional pics.

* 52107.gif

Thanks again !

Hey there komÅŸu :wink: ,

I totally love this one to bits. I believe it's my favourite Cat 3 entry so far! And btw, the way you've secured the offset house, roof and tracks is simply brilliant. But I digress... Best of luck in the contest mate!

This is cool. The little building is simple but has some great colors and nice architectural features. And the surrounding landscape is awesome.

Cale