Bonaparte

Petition: We want the Pirates Advent Calender in the United States

Petition: We want the Pirates Advent Calendar in the US!

6299-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

It's now official: the 6299 LEGO Pirates Advent calender won't be available in the US!

If you don't agree with this, then sign this petition by making one post in this thread (one per member only please!!!).

There's no guarantee this petition will change anything, but we can at least try and I guarantee the petition will be delivered to LEGO by your ambassador!

Bonaparte, Ambassador Classic-Pirates.com

I would truly appreciate if this years Pirates Advent Calendar was available to U.S. customers, signed!

Thanks for the initiative, Bonaparte!

I support! I think it is ridiculous that lego decided to do this, especially after all the commotion the Castle Advent Calendar cause last year. You think Lego would have learned it's lesson.. :pir-sceptic:

It's not available here?? It's in my most recent Fall LEGO magazine.

I'll couble check when I get home.

If this is true then yes, sign me up, that's not fair.

Edited by Big Cam

It's not available here?? It's in my most recent Fall LEGO magazine.

It's not available in the United States.

Sign me up! I got the Castle one when LEGO had the "mistake" of sending it here. I want them to make the mistake again and realize that those of us on this side of the Atlantic like alternatives to the City Advent Calendar just as much as Europe does. :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by Mariann Asanuma

I can give a couple very good reasons why the Pirate Advent Calendar should be made available in the U.S. First, think of pirates in a historical context- where were they more known to prowl the seas? Off the coast of what is now the United States and the Caribbean islands. I know that the prey they took were mostly European ships with cargo bound to or from the New World, but pirates are an important part of U.S. history, the same they are an important part of European history as well as World History. Did you know that in the American Revolution and in the American Civil War pirates and privateers were given commissions by the United States Navy and actually became a part of the Navy? They were paid just like Navy soldiers but had the extra stipulation that they could keep whatever they captured.

That said, I think it is folly for any global retail company to not offer particular products in particular areas of the world for any reason. I personally believe that the Pirates Advent Calendar should be sold in the United States, Canada, Mexico and in all markets where LEGO Pirates are available.

Sincerely,

Jake Schepers

aka "MeSchepers" on EuroBricks.com

LEGO,

I stopped buying advent calendars after the third City incarnation. If you want to make an advent customer out of me again, release one in a different theme in the US. Pirates would be a good start. :shark:

is that a swordfish in it?! i am definatly signing, in fact i agree so much i will write my name in all capital letters! MR.TOOLS. i realy hope we get one.

LEGO should have learned from the Castle calendar last year.

I'll sign up, too. :thumbup: I really need that mermaid.

Its bad enough you didnt release the castle one last year, but now that you've got pirates going again(my favorite lego theme), we wont get the pirates calendar either???? Come on lego!!!

--Andy0002 :pir_bawling:

I bought two Castle calendars last year, and I'll gladly buy two Pirates calendars this year.

We can help eachother, that fellow europeans can buy this set and send them to USA :cannon: . KABOOM, an idea? If some-one wants this set, send then a pm and I can send them who asks.

And by the way, there's bricklink. I don't know what the problem is?