How do you rate this set?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Good
    • Outstanding

I am really disappointed with the mini-figs in this set. While Captain Antilles is cool, Lego really should have included a Darth Vader and Stormtrooper.

But where would they go? I'm really glad I got this mainly because of captain antilles, I've got ideas for future creations with his sad face... :devil:

I'm planning to get this sut, but I've got one question:

are the bags numbered?

I mean it's not a big problem if they're not, but over 1000 pieces require a lot af space during the building.

I'm planning to get this sut, but I've got one question:

are the bags numbered?

I mean it's not a big problem if they're not, but over 1000 pieces require a lot af space during the building.

I will tell you be careful what's inside the bag. Some bags have the same parts inside. Don't think you got any extra bags and make sure you pour all bags with the same parts together to near each other. I made that mistake and having half the small parts on one side of the side and the other on the end. I had to use my whole dining room table for the parts. Hoe this helps and if you have anything else to ask just pm me if you can.

Best regards,

JCC

If your left with two republic red small wing pieces at the end, you've missed placing them next to the compartment where the little cargo carrier is, It's very suddle because you place them right on top of the same piece, only shifted a bit. It happened to me, The person who did this review, and almost everyone I've talked to whos built the set.

Dear brickfriends,

The 10198 is available for some while now. Any idea for how long this great set will stick around? I'm considering to buy it, although I'm not sure yet. But the last thing I want is to find it out of stock the moment I do decide to buy the Tantive.

Thanks!!

Dear brickfriends,

The 10198 is available for some while now. Any idea for how long this great set will stick around? I'm considering to buy it, although I'm not sure yet. But the last thing I want is to find it out of stock the moment I do decide to buy the Tantive.

Thanks!!

No one to have a clue??

No one to have a clue??

Usually the shelf life is around two years, but no one can say for sure. It's a great set, especially for display purposes, and will likely not be remade for another 10 years when it's gone.

Usually the shelf life is around two years, but no one can say for sure. It's a great set, especially for display purposes, and will likely not be remade for another 10 years when it's gone.

Thanks for the answer!! This one was released by the of 2009, am I right? I'll get my hands on it soon.

Awesome review, but I am not the biggest fan of TLG's version of the large ships. I feel like they leave something on the table. Just not enough interior detail for me. Probably due to space inside, but it is something that has always kept me from getting this or any of the larger ships.

Thanks for the answer!! This one was released by the of 2009, am I right? I'll get my hands on it soon.

Yeah like September 2009. I'd be willing to bet this set will probably last through Christmas, but if you can get it you might as well and not take any chances.

Awesome review, but I am not the biggest fan of TLG's version of the large ships. I feel like they leave something on the table. Just not enough interior detail for me. Probably due to space inside, but it is something that has always kept me from getting this or any of the larger ships.

Yes, i agree. The review is very detailed and offers a very good insight into the set.

Regarding the ship itself , i congatulate TLC for the exterior looks - the design is as beautiful as it is depicted from the films. But there is just so little room inside. Playing children might have fun with the repulsorlift sled and the trnasport box but the ability to recreate the film scenes is missing. Vader and a Stormtrooper would have been nice but are available from other kits. In effect there is only one room inside and this is stuffed as an office/control room. Leaving out the sled and creating a small corridor instead would have been better, i think.

I am not sure whether i will go for this set. Aside from it's striking looks from the outside it has little to offer at it's recent price.