1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hello EB

This ia my first review commets and critisisem is welcome!

Set Number: 7163

Name: Republic Gunship

Theme: Star Wars, Episodes II

Released: 2002

Pieces: 686

Minifigs: 8

MSRP: $89.99 €???,??

Box:

gunshi10.jpg

gunshi11.jpg

gunshi12.jpg

gunshi13.jpg

I got this set some days ago with the old at-at for just €265,-! (with free at-rt)

Lego "Shop @ Home" Description

Republic Gunship to the rescue!

Just when it seems like Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala are doomed — here comes the Republic Gunship to save the day! Manned by clone troopers, this mighty vessel is powerful enough to defeat any foe. Open the front hatches to reveal the secret compartments inside! Includes 2 Super Battle Droids, 1 Destroyer Droid, 4 Clone Troopers and 1 Jedi Knight. Ages 8-12. 688 pieces.

Anyway HERE IT IS!

overview:

gunshi14.jpg

the masterfull clones!

gunshi15.jpg

The front

gunshi16.jpg

The side

gunshi17.jpg

The (ugly) back

gunshi18.jpg

The engine or hyperdrive thingie.

gunshi19.jpg

The front can open! :oh3:

gunshi20.jpg

The box in the front.

gunshi21.jpg

Weapon holders and an control panel.

gunshi22.jpg

Troop bay opened and closed

gunshi24.jpg gunshi28.jpg

MANUAL:

Front

gunshi27.jpg

back

gunshi29.jpg

random inside shot

gunshi30.jpg

Build: ?/10 The set was already builted when i bought it.

design: 6.5/10 a averige/good design with, only bad this is all those random colored parts.

parts: 7/10 to much random colored parts.

Swooshability: 9/10 just make sure you don't drop it!

Price: 10/10 The original MSRP is a very good price for this thing.

Total: 8/10 It's a good set, BUT only get this set when you really want it!

Nice review of a nice set.

The old Gunship is my favourite PT set, and I think it looks better than the new one.

After reading your review I want rebuild my old Gunship.

Thank you for the review repubilcFORCES. We only have a few sets left until the index will be complete.

Your pictures are very clear and it looks like you covered almost everything. A close up of the other figures would be nice. "Jedi Jim" and the two super battle droids (blue) and the destroyer droid are all very interesting figures. It looks like one of the super battle droid legs are broken though.

This set retired right when I got into collecting lego star wars so I missed out on it. I have the clone wars one but it isn't nearly as good as the original. The original has a hefty price now.

The only downfall to this set is the back. You have shown a very good picture and example on how the lego company loves to put random colors in their star wars sets. :grin:

Good job :thumbup:

I had no idea the old one was so different from the newer one. I have a new one and thinkit is lacking the hyperdrive for sure.

The way the old one opens up seems to be more LEGO's style, letting you get inside and play, the new one is almost too fragile for swooshing or playability.

Great review, thank you for reviewing this set!

I am glad you guys liked my review!

It looks like one of the super battle droid legs are broken though.

Yes,that happend when i was transporting the set to my home

I try to repear the legs with super gleu

Good review, the old Republic Gunship has been and still is one of my favorite sets, even though all the stickers are peeling off. A picture of the unidentified Jedi would be nice, and a closer-up picture of the inside of the front when it is folded out. Since that part is the major difference between the old one and the new one, people would probably like to see that closer, and also be able to see what kind of green control panel is there.

Great review, although the pics could be a bit bigger. I like that mech alternate model on the back. :classic:

Good review, the old Republic Gunship has been and still is one of my favorite sets, even though all the stickers are peeling off. A picture of the unidentified Jedi would be nice, and a closer-up picture of the inside of the front when it is folded out. Since that part is the major difference between the old one and the new one, people would probably like to see that closer, and also be able to see what kind of green control panel is there.

The same thing happened with mine too. It's the only set I've ever had where the stickers have started to peel off. Just not a good batch I guess.

This set used to go for over $200 misb on ebay, but it might not be as pricey now that the new one came out. Still it is a pretty classic set, even if it does a horrible job of concealing the blues and greens. The AOTC clone troopers are still my favorite version of all the clones Lego has produced.

Thanks for the flashback! I remember when these things came out. Of course, I also remember that the Discovery Store carried Star Wars LEGO that year. They had these things clearanced at half off. Yup, half off. I remember making a few trips that week.

As has been suggested, by showing us some more pics of the minifigs and a few more of the ship from different angles, you would give us a fairly complete view of this ship.

Nice job on your first review!

Great Review for a first. :thumbup:

Now it makes me angry that I didn't get this set :sad::cry_sad:

Good pics :thumbup:

I don't get it why Lego made the inside with lots of colours? :sceptic:

Anyways Great set and Great Review!

CommanderFox

The connection between the troop compartment and the

I had no idea the old one was so different from the newer one. I have a new one and thinkit is lacking the hyperdrive for sure.

The way the old one opens up seems to be more LEGO's style, letting you get inside and play, the new one is almost too fragile for swooshing or playability.

Great review, thank you for reviewing this set!

Unfortunately, this set is also very fragile. Perhaps even more so than the newer set. The connection between the upper half (cockpit and where the wings attach) and the lower half (troop compartment and nose) is primarily by a couple of bricks with Technic pins on top, reinforced only by a couple of small, weak stud connections. If you don't grip it from under that black "ceiling" in the troop compartment -which is very difficult when the doors are closed and/or or the troop compartment is occupied- the bottom half is highly likely to fall out and shatter.

Cool set! Cool review! I am fortunate to have 1 of these, and one more coming in the mail. So soon I'll have 2. Which I did notice you were missing the stickers on your set. And you had a few spelling errors, but good job! Do one on the at at and it would be worth my time!

I have never come across this set before but it is very good - the overall look of the vehicle is awesome. A nice review but I'm not fond of a lot of the huge, bulky pieces.