PrinceWilliam

TTCE : Japan Railway series 201

ENTERED

Japan Railway series 201

for TTCE category 2 entry

Hi everybody,

This is my third time to post the creation here. It’s really exciting that a train competition would be held since the others like castle, city houses, star wars are far more famous than the train !!

This offers me an opportunity to make a locomotive for the JR trains (Japan Railway). The creation is a series 201 model which operates in the central of Tokyo Japan. I would like to take this opportunity to show you how beautiful the JR train is !! Hope’s you enjoy also. Please leave comments/ suggestion for me to improve more on the train skill sets. Thanks !!

Let’s show you some of the real life pictures of train

The whole train

jre201_cr.jpg

The first car

jr_201.jpg

Let’s have a look of my creation (Inside can carry around 2x minifigs and with handles also)[/size]

dsc04902.jpg

Edited by TheBrickster

Like your other trains, this is very nice as it is.

It does look narrow compared to the actual train. I'm not up to speed with Lego Trains but is the narrowness a limitation imposed by the track or Lego's train design?

Like your other trains, this is very nice as it is.

It does look narrow compared to the actual train. I'm not up to speed with Lego Trains but is the narrowness a limitation imposed by the track or Lego's train design?

Thanks for watching, as the competition limits the width of the entry trains, I would like to use the 7-stud as body width to make this train. If the train uses 6-stud width, it would be more narrow, but it would be too "fat" if the creation uses 8-stud with my several tests. So I chose the middle to create this train.

For the 9V motor (create this for playing 9V track), it is 6-stud width. Like the above comment, if the body used 6-width with the 6-stud motor, it would be too smooth for the whole creation. If the body used 8-width with 6-stud motor, it would be very strange for "Fat body with slim leg", and it is needed to modified the motor by adding some anti-sound creations (I guess) to reduce it's strangeness, however, it would be not so likely to the original train.

That's the problem I suffered in creating this train !!

good creation, indeed it looks narrow, but isn't this because the height is a bit outproportioned ?

The look alike is very good :thumbup:

Nice build.

I wonder what those "chimneys" are for, though.

I can´t spot them on the photo. :look:

Nice build.

I wonder what those "chimneys" are for, though.

I can´t spot them on the photo. :look:

The chimneys are actually the ventilation systems in JR series 101. This car was original built with the series 101 and improved to 201 while the roof was still using the one of series 101.

Thanks for your watching.

Proportions can be a real issue with 6-wide trains. The alternative to going 7 or 8-wide is to lower the height but then there are other problems with doors and mini-figs. Anyway onto the MOC. The orange livery is fantastic. It would be great to see a long line of these. The rarer colour could be obstacle.

Not much to fault here, it is a great build. However the front door is hanging precariously. One last thing, if you going to photograph a MOC best not to have it de-railing, doh!

Great MOC I really like this one.

Proportions aside, you have managed to really capture some of the characteristic details. Part of the fascination with Japanese commuter rail systems is how incredible dense the traffic is. I'd love to see this moc in a crowded station platform with lots of minifigs. Oh and include the catenary too.

The bright colors and asymmetrical front are characteristics of Japanese trains you have captured well. I also seem to recall lots of bright, animated LED sign boards. You are skilled with decals so maybe add something like that too?